ATP Sopot/Washington & WTA San Diego 31st July - 6th August

Re: ATP Sopot/Washington & WTA San Diego 31st July - 6th August V. Zvonareva vs M. Sharapova Today, 23:00 Tennis - WTA Pick: M. Sharapova Result: Pending Stake: 10/10 Odds: 1.39 Bookmaker: Pinnacle vCash: No Yes, Zvonareva is playing very good lately, but yesterday we saw that she tired. She was very lucky to win her last game. Sharapova will punish her tonight. 1.392 is very good odds in my eyes. I'll take Sharapova 1 unit. _________________ Just believe...... http://40stages4onemil.blogabet.com/

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Sopot/Washington & WTA San Diego 31st July - 6th August

SportTennis
EventCarlsen vs Moodie
SelectionCarlsen to win
Strength10/10
Date03/08/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningKenneth Carlsen is really enjoying his current form. After Wimbledon he came to US and played some really good tournaments on hard. Indianapolis-Stoppini and Hrbaty beaten, stopped by Muller. Than one week later he won against Srichaphan but lost to Ginepry. And now in Washington he won against Udomchoke and Srichaphan. Tonight, he'll meet Wesley Moodie. Moodie won against Querry and Sebastien Grosjean. Today, he'll have even better opponent. H2H scores: 2002 Surbiton Challenger SF Grass (O) W.MOODIE 3-6 6-7(5) 2003 Salvador 16 Hard (O) K.CARLSEN 7-5 6-7(5) 6-3 2003 Davis Cup 2003 Carpet (I) K.CARLSEN 6-7(1) 7-6(3) 6-3 6-4 2006 Surbiton Challenger QF Grass (O) W.MOODIE 3-6 6-3 3-6 I still believe that Carlsen is in better form now, and Over Games shouldn't be questionable in a game between those two players.
SportTennis
EventCarlsen vs Moodie
SelectionOver 23.5 Games
Strength10/10
Date03/08/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningKenneth Carlsen is really enjoying his current form. After Wimbledon he came to US and played some really good tournaments on hard. Indianapolis-Stoppini and Hrbaty beaten, stopped by Muller. Than one week later he won against Srichaphan but lost to Ginepry. And now in Washington he won against Udomchoke and Srichaphan. Tonight, he'll meet Wesley Moodie. Moodie won against Querry and Sebastien Grosjean. Today, he'll have even better opponent. H2H scores: 2002 Surbiton Challenger SF Grass (O) W.MOODIE 3-6 6-7(5) 2003 Salvador 16 Hard (O) K.CARLSEN 7-5 6-7(5) 6-3 2003 Davis Cup 2003 Carpet (I) K.CARLSEN 6-7(1) 7-6(3) 6-3 6-4 2006 Surbiton Challenger QF Grass (O) W.MOODIE 3-6 6-3 3-6 I still believe that Carlsen is in better form now, and Over Games shouldn't be questionable in a game between those two players.
best of luck.wouldnt surprise me if we see 3 tiebreakers in this! :hope

Any idea where Mr. Intensity has gone these last two days? He hasn't posted any picks. :\
Easy now, I'm right here. Just been chilling out as the first few days of these small tourneys are usually garbage:ok. Mondays results pissed me off so I took a little break. I may make a selection or two in America tonight, I love that play on Gambill;)

SportTennis
EventBlake vs Safin
SelectionBlake to win
Strength10/10
Date03/08/2006
Bookmaker/PriceUKBetting @ 1.53 (Back)
ReasoningI'm very confident on this one. Blake enjoys this part of the season when tournaments are played on American hardcourt. So, he is already in a great form having won Indianapolis Open two weeks ago. On his way to this title he was better than names like: Udomchoke, Whitehouse, Malisse, Mahut, Roddick. Still, he won Kevin Kim in second round here 7-5 3-6 6-2. On the other side, Safin struggled against Kunitsyn and Mahut, both won in three. Also, he lost to Whitehouse in Indianapolis and to Fernando Gonzalez in Los Angeles, second round. In-form and much better Blake should take this match quite easily.
SportTennis
EventBlake vs Safin
SelectionOver 23.5 Games
Strength10/10
Date03/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>10bet @ 1.83 (Back)
ReasoningI'm very confident on this one. Blake enjoys this part of the season when tournaments are played on American hardcourt. So, he is already in a great form having won Indianapolis Open two weeks ago. On his way to this title he was better than names like: Udomchoke, Whitehouse, Malisse, Mahut, Roddick. Still, he won Kevin Kim in second round here 7-5 3-6 6-2. On the other side, Safin struggled against Kunitsyn and Mahut, both won in three. Also, he lost to Whitehouse in Indianapolis and to Fernando Gonzalez in Los Angeles, second round. In-form and much better Blake should take this match quite easily.

SportTennis
EventATP Washington
SelectionMURRAY v Lopez
Strength10/10
Date04/08/2006
Bookmaker/PriceSportingodds @ 1.61 (Back)
ReasoningI think this is a very decent price on Murray. With Gilbert now coaching him I expect to see him more focussed and show more fight. This is a matchup that I really see suiting him. His biggest asset is his return and we've swwn him deal with a lot of big servers really well. Lopez is coming off a great week a couple of weeks ago on clay where he finally started to find some form. However, he generally has a very average record on hard courts. His backhand is a bit of a liability and I think Murray has the type of game that can really take advantage of it. Murray should be able to get this done comfortably, but I don't trust him enough to go for the 2-0!

SportTennis
EventHenman - Gambill
SelectionGambill to take at least one set
Strength8/10
Date04/08/2006
Bookmaker/PriceInterwetten @ 2.15 (Back)
ReasoningThis is first ATP tournament for Gambill since his injury in January. He played in qualifying rounds and won against Rastogi and Huey, but lost to Stoppini. Well, Stoppini is still in the main draw which is even better for him. In first he won against Tipsarevic in three. Well, Tipsarevic is less than a average player, but still, if he was capable of winning Tipsarevic he should be also capable of taking at least one set to Tiger Tim.

SportTennis
EventATP Washington
SelectionBLAKE 2-0 v Safin
Strength10/10
Date04/08/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.37 (Back)
ReasoningI really can't see a reason to support Safin in this one. Blake is awesome on the US hard courts and he was in great form a couple of weeks ago. He dropped a set to Kim in his first match but I see that more of a blip and I still think he's played well. Safin is still really struggling. I thought he was getting it together last week beating Fish but then he put in a bit of a shocker against Gonzalez. This week he's struggled past Kunitsyn and Mahut and I can really see him getting thumped here. H2H is 1-1 both down in Oz in 2004 when Safin was flying.
I know I've entered this incorrectly on SP, I've emailed them about it:ok

I'm going to leave Gambill' date=' it's his first tournament for a long time and four matches already he may be a bit tired.[/quote'] good to see you back Mr I and best of luck with your picks..:hope

SportTennis
EventDavydenko vs Berlocq
SelectionDavydenko -5.5 Games to win
Strength10/10
Date04/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>10bet @ 1.82 (Back)
ReasoningBerlocq (5-16 this season) will meet one of the main favourites to win Sopot-Davydenko. Davydenko played here two matches, against Christophe Rochus 6-2 6-1 and against Monaco in three, 7-5 6-7 6-1. On the other side, Berlocq won Kohlschreiber in two and Dlouhy in three. Davydenko is much better player, today is quarterfinals round and I don't believe he will miss the chance to try to win this tournament as some of the main candidates are out.
SportTennis
EventVolandri vs Marach
SelectionVolandri to win
Strength10/10
Date04/08/2006
Bookmaker/PriceInterwetten @ 1.45 (Back)
ReasoningOliver Marach with a solid 10-11 ATP record this season will have to do a lot better until now in order to win against Volandri. He played nice in Stuttgart, but still he didn't win any hot name on clay, on the other side he lost to Acasuso. In Kitzbuhel he lost in first round to Eitzinger. In Sopot he won against Waske and Gaudio, against Gaudio in three. But these aren't some great results. Gaudio is out of form, he already struggled to Pashanski who has 12 losts in a row. Still, Volandri plays one of his favourite tournaments, he enjoys this part of the season. Last week he played semies in Umag, this week he won against Garcia-Lopez and against Gimeno-Traver. I see VOlandri as a big favourite here. Still, they played once: 2003 Heilbronn Challenger 32 Carpet (I) F.VOLANDRI 3-6 3-6
SportTennis
EventCalleri vs Przysiezny
SelectionOver 19.5 Games
Strength10/10
Date04/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>10bet @ 1.94 (Back)
ReasoningIn-form Calleri after winning Kitzbuhel Open will play in quarterfinals of Sopot. Not that just he won Kitzbuhel, than he is playing really great in last 30 days. He reached semies of Bastad, quarters of Amersfoort, won Kitzbuhel and now is in quarters of Sopot. He has eight wins in a row and has won here Armado and Sluiter. Przysiezny is a local hope, only one remaining. He is with no bigger results in ATP tournaments. He is here only because Coria retired to him in first round. Yesterday night he somehow won against Jiri Vanek. But, I believe this is the end of him. Miracles won't happen every day in his favour.

SportTennis
EventChela vs Mayer
SelectionChela to win 2-1 in sets
Strength10/10
Date04/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 4.52 (Back)
ReasoningChela vs Mayer. This should be a great encounter. Both of them performed quite good so far. They both won previous matches in two sets. Mayer vs Kubot and Robredo and Chela vs Garcia and Vassallo. They both performed well last week when Chela was a runner-up in Kitzbuhel and Mayer won Tampere challenger. They met twice: 2004 Estoril SF Clay (O) J.CHELA 6-3 6-3 2004 Vienna 32 Hard (I) F.MAYER 4-6 4-6 Both are in good form, and I don't believe we will see two sets today.
SportTennis
EventChela vs Mayer
SelectionMayer to win 2-1 in sets
Strength10/10
Date04/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 4.33 (Back)
ReasoningChela vs Mayer. This should be a great encounter. Both of them performed quite good so far. They both won previous matches in two sets. Mayer vs Kubot and Robredo and Chela vs Garcia and Vassallo. They both performed well last week when Chela was a runner-up in Kitzbuhel and Mayer won Tampere challenger. They met twice: 2004 Estoril SF Clay (O) J.CHELA 6-3 6-3 2004 Vienna 32 Hard (I) F.MAYER 4-6 4-6 Both are in good form, and I don't believe we will see two sets today.

SportTennis
EventCermak/Friedl vs Kubot/Marach
SelectionCermak/Friedl to win
Strength10/10
Date04/08/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.40 (Back)
ReasoningOdds are ok and we have clear favourite here. Double's couple Kubot/Marach aren't playing all tournaments together. They are changing couples as another tournament begin. Maybe 5 or 6 times per year they are playing as a double couple. On the other side we have great couple, Cermak/Friedl. Cermak/ Friedl already have good performances this season. Still they didn't troubled at all in order to progress to semies. So, they already played semies in Gstad, won Prosjetov challenger, won Acapulco, won Buenos Aires, runner-ups in Vina del Mar, Sydney. Also, I don't expect Oliver Marach to be so interested in this one as he'll have game vs Volandri before this one. Cermak/Friedl much experienced, better and in-form couple to progress.

SportTennis
EventVaidisova vs Chakvetadze
SelectionOver 19.5 Games
Strength10/10
Date04/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>10bet @ 1.88 (Back)
Reasoning Nicole Vaidisova is playing nice tennis here. Also, she has 29-10 this season and is improving day by day. But, she might feel a little tired as she had no pause since Wimbledon and already played last week in Stanford. Nicole won here against Ruano-Pascual and Daniela Hantuchova, both in two. Chakvetadze is also in a good form. She won here against Ivanovic last night, and this win shows something. They played three times: 2003 European Summer Cups, Reina/Soisbault Cup Clay (O) A.CHAKVETADZE 6-7(3) 6-4 4-6 2003 USTA International Winter Championships 16 Hard (O) N.VAIDISOVA 6-7(2) 6-1 6-2 2006 Australian Open 64 Hard (O) N.VAIDISOVA 6-2 6-1 Vaidisova is better player, but still not that better that we have only 1.20 on her win. Chakvetadze who won here Kostanic, Nadia Petrova and Ana Ivanovic can give a good match to Vaidisova, for sure. So, my main bet will be Over 19.5 games here, as I doubt this will be only 2 sets match.
SportTennis
EventSchynder vs Dementieva
SelectionSchyder to win 2-1 in sets
Strength10/10
Date04/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 4.61 (Back)
ReasoningThis match really looks like a three setter. Schyder is in a good form. Last week she played in Stanford and was a runner-up. Week before that she was a semifinalist in Cincinnati. Now, she already passed Dulko and Paola Suarez. On the other side, Dementieva also struggled in second round with Sania Mirza, it was in three sets. Schyder and Demi played four games on hard and three out of four were three sets matches.
SportTennis
EventSchyder vs Dementieva
SelectionDementieva to win 2-1 in sets
Strength10/10
Date04/08/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 4.33 (Back)
ReasoningThis match really looks like a three setter. Schyder is in a good form. Last week she played in Stanford and was a runner-up. Week before that she was a semifinalist in Cincinnati. Now, she already passed Dulko and Paola Suarez. On the other side, Dementieva also struggled in second round with Sania Mirza, it was in three sets. Schyder and Demi played four games on hard and three out of four were three sets matches.

Re: ATP Sopot/Washington & WTA San Diego 31st July - 6th August Fishing for winners ........... I expect Andrew Murray to dispatch Mardy Fish without too much trouble, in the quarter finals of the Legg Mason Classic in Washington tonight. Murray, defeated the good hard court player, Feliciano Lopez, in straight sets yesterday and his partnership with new coach Brad Gilbert, seems set to produce early dividends. The Scot has the potential to be a top 5 player and on £10k per week, Gilbert should be able to ensure that he puts the necessary hours in on the practice courts. Murray freely admits to hate training and rumours of his poor diet are rife, come on, the poor lad is Scottish, it's fried confectionery, not salad up there. Sure that he will get all this right eventually. The two met earlier in the year, in San Jose, on hard court, Murray won 6-2 6-2 and wiped the floor with Fish ( sounds disgusting) in all stats, including eleven break points to one. He loves these American courts and I thought he would be a little lower than the 1.73 on offer, which seems very fair. 4 points Murray to beat Fish 1.73 betfair/ 1.704 pinnacle. www.ubet2win.blogspot.com

SportTennis
EventATP Sopot
SelectionMAYER v Calleri
Strength10/10
Date05/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 2.50 (Back)
ReasoningSorry this is really short. Mayer was having a shocking run but since the French he has been flying. Starting to show it at ATP level this week he's beat Robredo and Chela and has looked pretty awesome. Yeah Calleri has done very well but coming off the title last week he may be a little tired this week. He had a tough first round then a couple of easy ones but he will be really tested here and I think he could buckle. Mayers unique style can hurt him and he is a very nice price here.

Re: ATP Sopot/Washington & WTA San Diego 31st July - 6th August MAYER v CALLERI I think,today will Calleri win.Maybe i'm wrong,but evrything i read about Mayer is history.He beat Robredo twice this year,if i'm not wrong (?)Booth player doing well,evry game is something new and i think today we will see a great tennis. My tip is:Calleri to win 7-6,7-6

SportTennis
EventATP Sopot
SelectionMAYER v Calleri
Strength10/10
Date05/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 2.50 (Back)
ReasoningSorry this is really short. Mayer was having a shocking run but since the French he has been flying. Starting to show it at ATP level this week he's beat Robredo and Chela and has looked pretty awesome. Yeah Calleri has done very well but coming off the title last week he may be a little tired this week. He had a tough first round then a couple of easy ones but he will be really tested here and I think he could buckle. Mayers unique style can hurt him and he is a very nice price here.
Calleri the shady bugger retired....after getting a nice smacking in the 1st set and a break down in the 2nd....

British Eurosport has ATP action scheduled for 7 tonight......
Yeah, they've got Safin v Clement at 7 and Murray v Tursunov at midnight. Also both of the WTA semis so it should be a good night of tennis. I'll be on Murray tonight, write up later as I'm off out now, bloody mixed doubles;).

Yeah' date=' they've got Safin v Clement at 7 and Murray v Tursunov at midnight. Also both of the WTA semis so it should be a good night of tennis. I'll be on Murray tonight, write up later as I'm off out now, bloody mixed doubles;).[/quote'] Murray gonna do over Turdinov today...Gilbert will make him grow up and make him into a winner IMO...

Re: ATP Sopot/Washington 31st July - 6th August

I know this is a bit late but i took Flo Mayer on the outright - won a challenger in Finland last week and made finals last year here - missed the 50/1 B365 and only got 33/1 each way ' date=' still value in my eyes.[/quote'] great pick. well played.

Thanks - he has matched his performance here last year already - now go on Florian to beat Davydonkey :hope
IMO calleri is better than davydenko on clay at the moment, so mayer will be good value....Gr8 price you got Ridle.....Ill be pulling for ya tomorrow.:hope :clap

SportTennis
EventATP Washington
SelectionMURRAY v Tursunov
Strength10/10
Date06/08/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.08 (Back)
ReasoningMurrays form looks to have really improved this week and I fancy him to get the job done here. I'll keep saying how he can deal with big servers and after taking care of Lopez and Fish I think he can beat Tursunov. Tursunov has been in great form the past couple of weeks but I think Murray has the game to really push him and test his patience. Murray really took him apart at Nottingham and I expect similar here.

IMO calleri is better than davydenko on clay at the moment' date=' so mayer will be good value....Gr8 price you got Ridle.....Ill be pulling for ya tomorrow.:hope :clap[/quote'] I was curious what I could have gotten backing Mayer in every single match - these were the odds for Mayer in every round at Pinnacle (though I guess Calleri would have been voided): 1.3 x 3.1 x 2 x 2.4 = 19,34 to enter the final - but wow he's 3.5 vs D'Donkey so the win price that way would've been 67,7. So the 50s Bet365 would have been a great bet especially on the place part - a pity there were no one else daring to lay that price. :dude

I was curious what I could have gotten backing Mayer in every single match - these were the odds for Mayer in every round at Pinnacle (though I guess Calleri would have been voided): 1.3 x 3.1 x 2 x 2.4 = 19' date='34 to enter the final - but wow he's 3.5 vs D'Donkey so the win price that way would've been 67,7. So the 50s Bet365 would have been a great bet especially on the place part - a pity there were no one else daring to lay that price. :dude[/quote'] Last time Davydenko was in a final was against Robredo who was given slightly better odds Mayer..I dont know what shape Robredo is in at the moment but mayer gave him a good stuffing. Davydenko has history of losing in spots like this...3.5 is way tooo big for a guy who has beaten calleri,and robredo...(I would class them 2 as claycourters through and through) IMO callerie gave up at the end cus he didnt want the loss on his record. He may have been injured but he only had to lose 2 more games..Damn Andy Murray plays a whole set with cramp at times..LOL...Has anybody watched Mayer play recently??? has he changed anything or did that win in the challenger give him a major boost???..I know you have got the place for mayer reaching the final, but fingers crossed for the all out win today!!!! :clap

SportTennis
EventATP Washington
SelectionMURRAY 2-1 v Clement
Strength10/10
Date06/08/2006
Bookmaker/PriceCoral @ 4.00 (Back)
ReasoningI've been saying most of the week that Murray can deal with big servers but here he hasa different type of player. Saw Clement yesterday against Safin and he was very impressive, striking the ball really well. He's had a great week with wins over Hrbaty, Hewitt and Safin he must be full of confidence. Murray too, in his first week with Brad Gilbert has had some very good wins and this looks like being a cracker. We all remember there match at the US Open last last that went 5 with urray being sick on the court. Murray has progressed since then and claimed his first title so I think he should come through this. But they play a similar sort of game and Clement is definately playing well enough to win a set, so I'll take a risk on Murray 2-1.