ATP Sopot/Washington & WTA San Diego 31st July - 6th August

Sopot main draw: 1)Nikolay Davdyenko (RUS) vs Christophe Rochus (BEL) Juan Monaco (ARG) vs Jurgen Melzer (AUT) Phillip Kohlschreiber (GER) vs Carlos Barlocq (ARG) Lukas Dlouhy (CZE) vs (6)Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo (ESP) (3)Gaston Gaudio (ARG) vs Boris Pashanski (SCG) Oliver Marach (AUT) vs Alexander Waske (GER) Jurgen Zabaleta (ARG) vs Guillermo Garcia Lopez (ESP) Q vs (7)Filippo Volandri (ITA) (8)Augustin Calleri (ARG) vs Q Grzegorz Panfil (POL) vs Raemon Sluiter (NED) Jiri Vanek (CZE) vs Alessio Di Mauro (ITA) Michal Przysiezny (POL) vs (4)Guillermo Coria (ARG) (5)Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG) vs Q Marcos Daniel (BRA) vs Q Lukas Kubot (POL) vs Florian Mayer (GER) Ivo Minar (CZE) vs (2)Tommy Robredo (ESP) I don't care:loon :loon. Small tournament, looks dodgy, no way I'm getting involved with an outright at this stage. Washington main draw: (1)James Blake (USA) Bye Scott Oudsema (USA) vs Kevin Kim (USA) Marat Safin (RUS) vs Igor Kunitsyn (RUS) (15)Nicolas Mahut (FRA) Bye (9)Pardorn Srichapan (THA) Bye Danai Udomchoke (THA) vs Kenneth Carlsen (DEN) Sam Querrey (USA) vs Wesley Moodie (RSA) (6)Sebastien Grosjean (FRA) (3)Lleyton Hewitt (AUS) Bye Roko Karanusic (CRO) vs Vincent Spadea (USA) Denis Gremelmayr (GER) vs Q (13)Bjorn Phau (GER) Bye (11)Arnaud Clement (FRA) Bye Justin Gimelstob (USA) vs Q Gilles Muller (LUX) vs Paul Capdeville (CHI) (5)Dominik Hrbaty (SVK) Bye (8)Andy Murray (GBR) Bye Ramon Delgado (PAR) vs Peter Luczak (AUS) Teimuraz Gabashvili (RUS) vs Jean-Christophe Faurel (FRA) (12)Feliciano Lopez (ESP) Bye (16)Mardy Fish (USA) Bye Jean Rene Lisnard (MON) vs Tomas Zib (CZE) Paul Goldstein (USA) vs Q (4)Andre Agassi (USA) Bye (7)Dmitry Tursunov (RUS) Bye Edgardo Massa (ARG) vs Somdev Dev Varman (IND) Frank Dancevic (CAN) vs Hyung Taik Lee (KOR) (10)Julien Benneteau (FRA) Bye (14)Tim Henman (GBR) Bye Bobby Reynolds (USA) vs Q Janko Tipsarevic (SCG) vs Michael Venus (USA) (2)Andy Roddick (USA) Bye Mmm, Blake looks pretty good here. But Stan James go 3.25 and I'm really not interested at that sort of price.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Sopot/Washington 31st July - 6th August Hi guys, We continue with the following 7 picks: WTA TOUR, ACURA CLASSIC - SAN DIEGO SREBOTNIK TO D BARTOLI @ 1.5 on betfair SHAUGHNESSY TO D MIRZA @ 1.95 on pinnacle JACKSON TO D C. DIAZ-OLIVA @ 1.27 on pinnacle ATP TOUR, PROKOM OPEN - SOPOT SLUITER TO D PANFIL @ 1.42 on betfair DAVYDENKO TO D C. ROCHUS @ 1.15 on pinnacle ROBREDO TO D MINAR @ 1.11 on pinnacle ATP TOUR, LEGG MASON - WASHINGTON SAFIN TO D KUNITSYN @ 1.3 on pinnacle Katerina Srebotnik at the age of 25 finally starting to realize her potential. She is at career-high ranking of 21 and was a finalist two weeks ago at Cincinnati. In that tournament in Cincinnati she defeated Bartoli 6:2, 6:1 and the total H2H is 2:0 to Srebotnik. Shaughnessy coming to her home US hard courts will simplu have too much consistency for an out-of-form Mirza who lost all kind of matches lately (lost to Bardina, Tatishvili, Tu). After a solid grass court season (finalist at Birmingham after defeating Sharapova in SF)Jamea Jackson took a set of Clijsters in Fed Cup and looks to be one of the possible dark-horses for US hard court season. Veteran Diaz-Oliva has not won a match on a main WTA tour since Estoril 3 months ago (!). Coming to ATP tournaments, Raemon Sluiter will probably have too much class against a local wild-card Panfil ranked 909 in the world. Panfil ranked just at 96 in juniors and never won an ATP match before. Davydenko who is one of the top 5 clay court players confirming his good form at Bastad will have no problems disposing C. Rochus for the 5th time in the row. C.Rochus is completely out-of-form losing his last – matches. Similarly to Davydenko pick, Robredo (winner of Bastad) is one of the best claycourters of 2006, has a positive H2H record against an out-of-form opponent and is simply way too good for him. Obviously, Marat Safin is still not in his best form but he is on his way back. Last week Marat defeated a very good hard court player in Mardy Fish and lost to a top-10 Gonzalez. Kunitsyn despite his recent improvements yet to register any victory over one of the top players. www.WinningTipster.com

Re: ATP Sopot/Washington 31st July - 6th August

SportTennis
EventATP Sopot
SelectionRAMIREZ HIDALGO 2-0 v Dlouhy
Strength10/10
Date31/07/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 2.20 (Back)
ReasoningHidalgo let me down last week but I'm willing to give him another go. He was dominating Volandri but then it all fell apart but to be fair Volandri ended up playing pretty well in that tournament. Today Hidalgo is up against someone who isn't as good from the back and he should be able to dominate the baseline exchanges. Dlouhy has been poor all year and hasn't really had any good wins. H2H is a surprising 3-0 to Dlouhy but these were all in challengers last year when Hidalgo wasn't playing so well and a couple with Dlouhy at home so I'm willing to overlook those.

SportTennis
EventDavydenko vs Rochus
SelectionDavydenko -5.5 Games to win (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date31/07/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningIt looks like Christophe Rochus is in worse and worse form. He has only one win in last seven matches, losing to guys like Junqueira, Chiudinelli, Gimelstob, Gremelmayr. He also has three losts in a row, with only one set taken. On the other side, Davydenko is of course top 10 player, and will certinly look for another final here. Still, Davydenko already has one title this year, coming from Kitzbuhel where he surprisingly lost to Nicolas Lapentti. But, week before he was a runner-up in Bastad. Davydenko already won all meetings against C.Rochus including two in this year without lost set, in fact Rochus won only seven games in two matches against Russian. I see nothing than an easy handicap win for Russian.

SportTennis
EventRamirez-Hidalgo vs Dlouhy
SelectionRamirez-Hidalgo to win
Strength10/10
Date31/07/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.56 (Back)
ReasoningDlouhy (6-18) will face up against Ramirez-Hidalgo. Now, this should be easy win for Hidalgo if his hands are ok because he had a lot of problems with injured left hand during last two tournaments, but he still managed to perform well. Hidalgo's favourite surface is clay and he knows that he must go from strenght to strenght at this last clay tournaments in this season. Dlouhy is only average player who can't match with any serious ATP player. He had a nice week in Umag winning against Benneteau in first round, but than he lost to Vanek, and that was very well for him. It's interesting that Dlouhy won all three previous matches between them, all were challenger matches, but all were on clay: 2005 Ostrava Challenger QF Clay (O) L.DLOUHY 6-2 6-3 2005 Prostejov Challenger 32 Clay (O) L.DLOUHY 6-3 6-3 2005 Kiev Challenger SF Clay (O) L.DLOUHY 6-2 1-6 7-5 But, Ramirez-Hidalgo is performing better and better. He played semi-finals in Amersfort and last week he also lost in second round of Umag in three sets to Volandri, but we all know that it is very hard to beat Volandri in Umag. So, I guess that Hidalgo will take this tournament very seriously coz it's a great chance for him to do something more. Very nice odds on his win, full stake.

SportTennis
EventATP Sopot
Strength10/10
Date31/07/2006
ReasoningHidalgo let me down last week but I'm willing to give him another go. He was dominating Volandri but then it all fell apart but to be fair Volandri ended up playing pretty well in that tournament. Today Hidalgo is up against someone who isn't as good from the back and he should be able to dominate the baseline exchanges. Dlouhy has been poor all year and hasn't really had any good wins. H2H is a surprising 3-0 to Dlouhy but these were all in challengers last year when Hidalgo wasn't playing so well and a couple with Dlouhy at home so I'm willing to overlook those.
Dlouhy has moved on Betfair from 2.75 to around 1.95 and has been matched as low as 1.9 - not happy:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

SportTennis
EventATP Washington
SelectionQUERREY 2-0 v Moodie
Strength10/10
Date31/07/2006
Bookmaker/PriceCoral @ 2.10 (Back)
ReasoningI've been really impressed with Querrey lately and I think he's got a big future. He's got a big serve and is pretty strong from the back and he looks great on hardcourts. It's taken some pretty big time players (Murray, Gonzalez, Tursunov) to beat him recently and I think he'll have far too much for Moodie. Moddie has been in shocking form all year, and whilst he found a little bit of game on grass I cannot see him transferring this onto the hard courts. Moodie will have to serve extremely well to stay in this but I don't see that happening and I think the young American should be pretty comfortable here.

Re: ATP Sopot/Washington 31st July - 6th August I know this is a bit late but i took Flo Mayer on the outright - won a challenger in Finland last week and made finals last year here - missed the 50/1 B365 and only got 33/1 each way , still value in my eyes.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventKing - Laine
SelectionKing
Strength10/10
Date31/07/2006
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 2.02 (Back)
ReasoningVania King is for sure one of the most talented American players right now.She made it throught qualies where she won against Lisjak.So she has advantage of one match played.Laine is just an average player and from some time she is not playing impressive tennis.I think that on her favourite surface and at home ground King will do everything to win this one.

Re: ATP Sopot/Washington & WTA San Diego 31st July - 6th August

SportTennis
EventWTA San Diego
SelectionSTOSUR v Dechy
Strength10/10
Date31/07/2006
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 1.95 (Back)
ReasoningThis is a very decent price and a good opportunity to oppose Dechy. Dechy has been awful so far this year, last week she beat Camerin after losing the first set 6-0 and lost to Zvonereva losing the second set 6-0. Not really sure what's happened to her but her game certainly isn't there this year. I think Stosur has improved a bit this year and has a very good chance here. She did alright last week getting a couple of solid wins before losing to Vaidisova. H2H is 2-0 to Dechy, both last year, one in straight sets on clay and a very tight final set tiebreak in Indian Wells - on a similar court, this year, I feel we must give Stosur an edge.

Re: ATP Sopot/Washington & WTA San Diego 31st July - 6th August I've bet £80 on Clijsters win San Diego @ 13/8 and £50 on Sharapova win San Diego @ 10/3. Its a 2 horse race and I cannot see anyone else winning. Total stake £130, If Clijsters win I get £210 back and if Sharapova win I get £216.67 back. Nice profit either way, this could be called a "guaranteed" win

Re: ATP Sopot/Washington & WTA San Diego 31st July - 6th August . Granville vs M. Tu Today, 21:30 Tennis - WTA Pick: L. Granville Result: Pending Stake: 5/10 Odds: 1.81 Bookmaker: Pinnacle The 1.806 odd for L. Granville a little bt surprise me. WHY? STATS: L. Granville vs. M. Tu Ranking: LG 57 M.TU 91 This year record LG 21-14 M.TU 22-16 HARD LG 12-7 M.TU 2-7 HARD (Career) LG 112-75 M.TU 131-138 Last meeting (hard) LG won 7-5,6-2 =========================== The only minus for Granville in this match (I think) that her last match was 3 weeks ago, M.Tu's few days ago. =========================== I will take Granville here for 1/2 unit. This and more at: _________________ Just believe...... http://40stages4onemil.blogabet.com/

SportTennis
EventPennetta vs Raymond
SelectionPennetta to win 2-0 in sets
Strength10/10
Date01/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 1.72 (Back)
ReasoningFlavia Penneta with 29 wins and only 16 losses made a breakthrough to Top20 this season. Generally, she is a claycourter but she has great performances on hard too. For example, she was a runner-up in Gold Coast. Still, Flavia played three finals and lost all three this year. Latelly, she reached fourth round at Wimbledon losing to Hingis in three, than played in Fed Cup against Dominguez-Lino and Medina Garrigues. She lost in Palermo in first round and than moved to US. So, it means that she has been in US for at least ten days and had plenty of time to prepare for today's match. On the other hand, Lisa Raymond is typical hardcourter, but with no major success. She is already a veteran player who plays doubles much more and I don't expect any resistance from her tonight. Flavia already has positive h2h against old American: 2003 French Open 64 Clay (O) F.PENNETTA 6-3 7-6(3) It was in 2003 when Flavia wasn't established as a pro and when Lisa was ranked in top30. Nowadays, Raymond is losing against names like Olga Savcuk, Elena Likhovsteva, Akiko Morigami. Everything but Pennetta's win in two sets will be big surprise here.

SportTennis
EventPeng vs Santangelo
SelectionOver 20.5 Games
Strength0/10
Date01/08/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.85 (Back)
ReasoningYoung chinese prodigy Shuai Peng will meet Mara Santangelo of Italy. Peng has 15-11 this season and is currently on 39th position in the world. This will be first tournament for Shuai Peng since Wimbledon. Her best results in 2006 are finals in Strasbourg and semies in Prague. In Wimbledon she won against Peer and Danilliodou but lost to Pennetta. Now, after such a long break I believe she prepared well for this tournament. Mara Santangelo is having pretty good season so far. She won Banglore tournament which was on hard. Latelly, she played in Birmingham and reached quarter-finals. After that she lost to Peschke and Frazier. I believe that both girls are in a good shape and I expect very nice match between them that should go to a third set.

SportTennis
EventATP Sopot
Strength10/10
Date31/07/2006
Unlucky final result : Lukas Dlouhy def. Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo(6) 6-4, 6-2 :unsure

SportTennis
EventWTA San Diego
SelectionSTOSUR v Dechy
Strength10/10
Date31/07/2006
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 1.95 (Back)
ReasoningThis is a very decent price and a good opportunity to oppose Dechy. Dechy has been awful so far this year' date= last week she beat Camerin after losing the first set 6-0 and lost to Zvonereva losing the second set 6-0. Not really sure what's happened to her but her game certainly isn't there this year. I think Stosur has improved a bit this year and has a very good chance here. She did alright last week getting a couple of solid wins before losing to Vaidisova. H2H is 2-0 to Dechy, both last year, one in straight sets on clay and a very tight final set tiebreak in Indian Wells - on a similar court, this year, I feel we must give Stosur an edge.
Great selection :clap with Stosur winning 7-5, 6-4

SportTennis
EventPennetta vs Raymond
SelectionPennetta to win 2-0 in sets
Strength10/10
Date01/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 1.72 (Back)
ReasoningFlavia Penneta with 29 wins and only 16 losses made a breakthrough to Top20 this season. Generally, she is a claycourter but she has great performances on hard too. For example, she was a runner-up in Gold Coast. Still, Flavia played three finals and lost all three this year. Latelly, she reached fourth round at Wimbledon losing to Hingis in three, than played in Fed Cup against Dominguez-Lino and Medina Garrigues. She lost in Palermo in first round and than moved to US. So, it means that she has been in US for at least ten days and had plenty of time to prepare for today's match. On the other hand, Lisa Raymond is typical hardcourter, but with no major success. She is already a veteran player who plays doubles much more and I don't expect any resistance from her tonight. Flavia already has positive h2h against old American: 2003 French Open 64 Clay (O) F.PENNETTA 6-3 7-6(3) It was in 2003 when Flavia wasn't established as a pro and when Lisa was ranked in top30. Nowadays, Raymond is losing against names like Olga Savcuk, Elena Likhovsteva, Akiko Morigami. Everything but Pennetta's win in two sets will be big surprise here.
Nice stuff Flavia Pennetta wins 7-5, 6-3 :clap

The source is friend of mine who is from Warsaw.
Very dodgy match score patterns were kind of funny i guess few people actually watched probably the virus was more an excuse for this muppetiers show :(