Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ..... some interesting observations there Ed, and some with a valid point. You are absolutely right about when and where results are entered that effect the 3-0 situation, and punters cannot sit tight all day long to record results as they come in, so as to be able to ensure correct results are caught there and then. Iv'e been doing it this way for three seasons gone and the fourth one starting so I can see no merit in changing things around now.I guess there is always going to be discrepancies one way or another, so I will soldier along as always in the groove I am forging now.As regards the Leicester City match I have this one down to be played on Wednesday 1st October, and yes it is a 3-0 selection as below:- Leicester C (a) 2.40 Onwards and upwards.;)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Well done, Merlin, with the weekend selections..... and good luck with the Leicester prediction. By the way, most web-sites (including the infallible BBC ;)) are showing the Leicester match for 19.45 on Tuesday 30 September.

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

..... some interesting observations there Ed' date= and some with a valid point. You are absolutely right about when and where results are entered that effect the 3-0 situation, and punters cannot sit tight all day long to record results as they come in, so as to be able to ensure correct results are caught there and then. Iv'e been doing it this way for three seasons gone and the fourth one starting so I can see no merit in changing things around now.I guess there is always going to be discrepancies one way or another, so I will soldier along as always in the groove I am forging now.As regards the Leicester City match I have this one down to be played on Wednesday 1st October, and yes it is a 3-0 selection as below:- Leicester C (a) 2.40 Onwards and upwards.;)
Quite right Merlin, you've done great work over the last few seasons and any discrepencies (which I think are few and far between, especially as the season progresses) are ironed out in the long run anyway. The theoretical ideal of for example entering the 3pm game results before getting predictions for the evening games is essentially impractical in a real life situation so isn't really much good to people who might want to have a few pennies on your system When I'm doing my "Low Goals and Under" system I'll do it like you with a real world approach but I may also try and keep a record of results with the other way just for the stats record on my spreadsheets. Talking of which I'm having a bugger of a time trying to understand the Sumproduct function and I might have to try DCOUNT or something different, anyone any good with excel? I think I'll go and ask on MrExcel - they have some incredible experts on there who seem to have the solution to everything, perhaps I'll try them on the meaning of life too:loon Also, Lorenzo mate, you seem to be on a roll there with the laying the losers on the 3-0s, you should really have had a loser by now but even if you had a couple now you'd still be ahead, keep it going, have you settled on a definite level for the stakes or is that part of it your own subjective opinion on your feeling as to the strength of the bet. I always like "Level Returns" but I notice that doesn't seem to get used a lot on the PuntersLounge and of course in the long run winning systems aren't really decided by the staking plan (unless it's something mad of course). Anyway I'm rambling now so I'lll be off, Good luck to all:hope Ed

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ..... the one selection for tonight League One duly obliged away from home, to make the latest position now:-

Total Staked

Avg Stake

Total Returned

Yield

45.86%

Winners

Losers

Strike Rate

77.78%

Current Bank

Profit / Loss

Onwards and forever upwards!:ok

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... after recent successes, the 3-0 system has duly highlighted the following for consideration this weekend:- Arsenal (a) 1.69 West Ham U (h) 1.89 Reading (h) 1.69 Scunthorpe U (a) 2.33 Kettering T (h) 1.64 Borussia Dortmund (h) 1.88 Onwards and upwards dear friends.;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Barrhead73, what's your criteria for selection of the Unders? Last night the MW sheets spat out five selections in the Championship games for the "Low Goals Under 2.5" system

30-Sep-08 Cardiff City Coventry City
30-Sep-08 Crystal Palace Charlton Athletic
30-Sep-08 Doncaster Rovers Sheffield United
30-Sep-08 Ipswich Town Barnsley
30-Sep-08 Southampton Norwich City
3 won and 2 lost. Here is the position so far:
Starting Bank 100.00
Current Stake 10.00
Bets so far 14
Winners 8
Losers 6
Strike Rate 57%
Average price 1.83
Total Stakes 140.00
Total Returns 146.85
Yield % 4.9%
Profit/-Loss 6.85
ROCE % 6.8%
Most of the time I'll be using Betfair prices and subtracting 4% commission as in real life situation (only paper trailing at the mo). Plenty more selection for this weeken I'll put them up on Friday. adios Ed

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ..... why don't you copy and paste your above table from your spreadsheet Ed.Will save work in the long run and it looks good too.Easy to do, no problem at all, anyone can do this.:ok

..... why don't you copy and paste your above table from your spreadsheet Ed.Will save work in the long run and it looks good too.Easy to do' date= no problem at all, anyone can do this.:ok
Merlin, I do copy and paste from excel but mine doesn't come out as a nice white table like other people's, maybe I'm missing something out, perhaps in the formatting in the spreadsheet, I don't know. I ran a search on here and google but nothing came up so it's probably just one of those strange Microsoft things, or should I be doing some sort of formatting when I construct a post on here?

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ..... just a straight forward copy and paste Ed, nothing else. I tried it with the spreadsheet you sent, and it worked fine with IE.You will need to outline some of your boxes in the sheet to make it look better and perhaps click on centre to get it into the middle of the boxes.;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Bet nr 15: LAY Bolton against West Ham @ 5,4 to win 10 :hope Bet nr 16: LAY Burnley against Reading @ 6,4 to win 10 :hope Bet nr 17: LAY Sporting Gijon against Mallorca @ 6,6 to win 10 :hope Bet nr 18: LAY Lecce against Lazio @ 10,5 to win 10 :hope

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. I'm coming back to the fold to try something I mentioned previously: Providing Clarky & Merlin don't mind I'm going to take their 2 & 3 goal systems which have been so successful and use them on the asian handicap. On betfair there are 3 options for each AH market so will just use the closest one to evens for each favoured team: So first game will be Leeds 12 O'Clock Kick Off Leeds -0.5 @ 2.05:hope Oh and going to use a 10 point stake in terms of this thread so that results will be comparable.

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Always nice to get a winning start.... Arsenal -1AH @ 2.01 - 2x stakes I guess considering they are a selection for both the 2-0 & 3-0 systems:hope Reading -1AH @ 2.01 Wolves -0.25AH @ 2.12 Walsall -0.25AH @ 2.09 Leicester -0.25AH @ 1.96 Scunthorpe Straight Win (-0.5 odds much worse) @ 2.28 Kettering Straight Win (AH not available in Conference Market on Betfair) @ 1.71

Starting Bank100.00
Current Stake10.00
Bets so far22
Winners12
Losers10
Strike Rate55%
Average price1.81
Total Stakes220.00
Total Returns218.91
Yield %-0.5%
Profit/-Loss- 1.09
ROCE %-1.1%
Not so good today, 4 winners and 4 losers but as prices are nearly always gonna be below 2.00 not good enough, will be interesting to see how things progress over the coming weeks and months. Can't really make any judgements yet.

..... Is this a paper trial Lorenzo? Otherwise the liabilities total some 249 points' date= a bit rich for some quarters.;)
No. Like I said when I started it - it's not paper trial. And the liability is 249, yes. But my bank at the moment is 347,25 so it's not a problem ... Reading won 3-1, but Lazio is 1-0 behind ATM ... looks bad.