Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Help ! I've downloaded these sheets in previous seasons always with good intentions but have really never tried to use to our advantage. I,ve tried to download this seasons championship and conference sheets and keep getting "file error:some data might be lost". I have excel 2000. Anyone else have the same problem ! Thanks in anticipation

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Ato, I think you have to have so many postings before you are allowed to PM anyone. If you need to send me an e-mail you can get me at [email protected]. Deets I have Excel 2000 and have no bother with the downloads. Suggest you erase all and try again.Just click on the file you want to download, should bring up a save box, save it to whatever, then unzip to the folder of your choice.Should be no problem whatsoever.If it persists drop me an e-mail on the above address.Cheers.#

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Here's what MW sheets throw up this week in the top four leagues, just for fun at the mo, no money, co I'm waiting for six games in before the form starts to take shape. Div 2 : Morecambe to beat Rotherham (predicted 4-1) 2.48 Div 1 : Oldham to win Away to Leeds (predicted 0-4!) 6.4 Championship : Coventry to win away at Barnsley (0-4!) 2.90 Premiership : Man Utd to beat Newcastle (4-0) 1.33 Don't know where the Oldham away at Leeds prediction has come about so I'll check that. all the best Ed Edit : OOps, I should've mentioned they were for the 3-0 or better predictions.

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Hi Guys! thank you for sharing all this great info! I already downloaded the sheets but my prediction has Coventry only to win 3-0...??? And Oldham to beat Leed 3-1 and not 4-0??? I am confused now... :-) EDIT: Nevermind!! I forgot to write in previous result from last round! Sry for my confusing post :-)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. You have to keep the sheets updated Fred as you no doubt have found out.Otherwise the wrong predictions and scores will be obtained.Also make sure that any matches rearranged have the correct date applied when you update. ;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Lorenzo - i already spotted that one and e-miled the great man about it .... "You can enter the new points deductions directly. There is a button on the Enter Result tab for deductions. Deductions themselves do not influence the predicted results - though of course they are incorporated into the predicted standings. The prediction engine uses a weighting of current form and past results, with a distribution smoothing algorithm that uses a weighting of current season and past season distributions. At the start of the season, there is no current form so predictions move around quite a bit during the first month as results are entered. After that, it settles down and performs reasonably well for a mathmatical extrapolation. Cheers, Michael. Hope this helps ;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Also important as the weeks go by and results build up is to check the league table matches the actual league table standings to make sure that everything is balanced and correct, I normally just run down the points from top to bottom and the goal difference too, so any missed games or wrongly entered results become easily apparent. I use the bbc results pages http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/results/6510393.stm

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Holy :cow. Oldham at 6.4 and Cov City at 2.9. Not sure we'll see a 5/1 plus shot doing the business again this season! No money staked :crybut I had to chuckle when I saw the vidiprinter churning out these little beauties :lol Edit : Merllin mate I hope you didn't mind me putting up those 3-0s earlier, I don't want to tread on your toes as I know the 3-0 thing is your system. Respect.:ok

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

You have to keep the sheets updated Fred as you no doubt have found out.Otherwise the wrong predictions and scores will be obtained.Also make sure that any matches rearranged have the correct date applied when you update. ;)
But if some games are on Sunday (17th) then it doesn't matter, does it? Coz ManU and some other games are in 16th in the Spreadsheet, but actually are played in 17th. And thanks Otter ;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Actually it does matter. You need to update your sheets before each kick-off time never mind each day. If you have updated your EPL sheet after todays 12:45 and 3:00 kick-offs you will notice that at least 1 predicted result has changed - Man Utd are now predicted to win 5-0. I didn't note what the other original predictions were but they are now: Sunderland 0 v 2 Liverpool Aston Villa 0 v 2 Man City Chelsea 2 v 0 Portsmouth

Actually it does matter. You need to update your sheets before each kick-off time never mind each day.
I didn't find out how to change a match date in the sheets :unsure, anybody please help, with a short instruction? Thanks in advance ;)

Actually it does matter. You need to update your sheets before each kick-off time never mind each day. If you have updated your EPL sheet after todays 12:45 and 3:00 kick-offs you will notice that at least 1 predicted result has changed - Man Utd are now predicted to win 5-0. I didn't note what the other original predictions were but they are now: Sunderland 0 v 2 Liverpool Aston Villa 0 v 2 Man City Chelsea 2 v 0 Portsmouth
the Villa prediction was 1-2 earlier this morning, the others were the same. Good work there. I wondered about this last season but was told it didn't matter, but I apologise if I passed on duff information. I suppose results of one team can effect the estimated strength of another team because previous results between those two teams are an indicator of current strength, oh dear I can't say what I mean and my head hurts, but you get it I'm sure. This can make it rather difficult with games spread over four or five time slots in a weekend if the midday game (say in the Premiership) had a bearing on the 3pm kickoffs and those in turn on the 5.15pm kick off. We can't all spend all day at the PC updating the sheets and placing bets. We'll just have to manage within the limitations and I'm sure as results accumulate the effect may be less pronounced and would make little difference in the long run, may effect the Correct score systems (if there are any, I don't think I've seen any on here) more than the 3-0s and 2-0s etc.

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. This weekends Bundesliga: Hannover - Cottbus : 5-0 Hamburger - Karlsruher: 5-0 Hoffenheim - Gladbach: 5-2 Werder B - Schalke : 3-0 Bochum - Wolfsburg : 4-1 Is that what you guys get too??? Is there normally that many games with 3+ goals? Just checking to make sure I got this right :-)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Yep you got the idea Fred, but Bundesliga have only just played their first game and much too early to start with this type of prediction until things settle down.Better to wait before putting any cash on these just yet.;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Thanks Merlin...! Yeah I will follow your advice from an earlier post and give it like 6 rounds or so... That should do it for all the leagues right? One other quick question?? How many units have this system earned previously??

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. If you look back at the archived threads you will see that this system has made a profit for each of the last three seasons, not absolute riches but steady progress.I believe last season it was £113.78 to £10 stakes.Cheers.;)

This weeks picks are NORMS - Bournemouth @ 3.25 :wall Wycombe @ 2.25 :clap +2's - Liverpool @ 1.75 :clap Paper trailing only....:ok
I'll put the tables up next week but so far 5 bets = 2 winners but if we look a bit further the 3 losers were draws...... so if you were to lay the home side from the Norms & +2's we would have had 5 winners.........theres a thought..........

Norms - Leeds @ 2.26 :wall Cambridge @ 2.16 :clap York @ 2.6 :wall +2's - Arsenal @ 1.65 :@ Aston Villa @ 1.75 :@ Chelsea @ 1.45 :clap Back later in the week with the odds :ok:ok
And it's Wrexham tomorrow @ 2.04 for the NORMS...:hope