** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... Unfortunately our Tuesday night system selection let us down badly to leave the latest position:-

Total Staked

Avg Odds

Avg Stake

Total Returned

Yield

10.11%

Winners

Losers

Strike Rate

70.37%

Current Bank

Profit / Loss

+82.88

Onwards forever onwards.;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. There is one predicted 0-0 today in the Tranmere v Bristol Rovers game @1.79 The stats certainly seem to bear this out with Tranmere going under 2.5 goals in 4 of their last 6 games (although very last 2 went over) and Bristol Rovers going under 2.5 goals in 3 of their last 5 games. Last away league game being a 0-1 loss to Southend. So let's track units from here on in. I'd like to stake the American style which basically means staking whatever necessary to win a unit rather than staking a unit to win whatever. Where the odds are over evens the stake will be 1 unit. If hitting at a good percentage this should maximise potential gains. Hopefully that makes perfect sense....let's see how it goes. Tranmere v Bristol Rovers under 2.5 1.26 to win 1.00

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. happygooner - I've gone through all the spreadsheets for the weekend, I will post the unders and overs if you like, but if you want to post them, I won't steal your thunder. I've got the following as odds on or potentially on odds that are predicted to lose. Where a team hovers round the evens mark, if they are layable at 1.99 for any proper amount of money, they become a selection. At 2 or above, they are not a selection. The prices in brackets are the prices I laid at earlier today. Charlton (1.93) v. Blackpool Oldham (1.97) v. Brighton Torino (1.99) v. Livorno Villarreal (1.67) v. Deportivo Atletico Madrid v. Valencia (just over Evs. at moment, so not a selection as yet, but will look again at market on Sunday) I'm going to lay all odds on shots that qualify to lose 1 unit e.g. 1.5 shot - Potential Win 2 pts, potential loss 1 pt 1.6 shot - Potential Win 1.67 pts, potential loss 1 pt 1.7 shot - Potential Win 1.43 pts, potential loss 1 pt

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Just had a look back through the figures, I have found 10 0-0's predicted since 27th November inclusive. *This is not just a random date I have plucked out of the air to make the stats look good, but it is when the spreadsheets are updated to on Michael Wray's website. Results were as follows: 0-0 2 0-1 2 1-1 4 3-1 1 4-0 1 So, 8/10 were under 2.5, 4/10 were under 1.5, 2/10 were 0-0 and the average goals per game is just 1.8 - all pretty impressive figures. No doubt Tranmere and Bristol Rovers will draw 4-4 tonight to deflate my early optimism with these figures. ;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

Just had a look back through the figures, I have found 10 0-0's predicted since 27th November inclusive. *This is not just a random date I have plucked out of the air to make the stats look good, but it is when the spreadsheets are updated to on Michael Wray's website. Results were as follows: 0-0 2 0-1 2 1-1 4 3-1 1 4-0 1 So, 8/10 were under 2.5, 4/10 were under 1.5, 2/10 were 0-0 and the average goals per game is just 1.8 - all pretty impressive figures. No doubt Tranmere and Bristol Rovers will draw 4-4 tonight to deflate my early optimism with these figures. ;)
Eh?? How come I have 9-3 in the English leagues and 3-2 in the Euro leagues then? Doesn't make sense unless I got something wrong:( Not stealing my thunder but i'll try and track the over/under market if you do the same with the lays. We all have our own little part to play then haha!

There is one predicted 0-0 today in the Tranmere v Bristol Rovers game @1.79 The stats certainly seem to bear this out with Tranmere going under 2.5 goals in 4 of their last 6 games (although very last 2 went over) and Bristol Rovers going under 2.5 goals in 3 of their last 5 games. Last away league game being a 0-1 loss to Southend. So let's track units from here on in. I'd like to stake the American style which basically means staking whatever necessary to win a unit rather than staking a unit to win whatever. Where the odds are over evens the stake will be 1 unit. If hitting at a good percentage this should maximise potential gains. Hopefully that makes perfect sense....let's see how it goes. Tranmere v Bristol Rovers under 2.5 1.26 to win 1.00:nana
1-0 +1.00 unit to start Merlin, I like your table. Does it have a set formula already input for calculating yield etc? I'm crap at that side of things!

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Predicted 5 goals Aston Villa v Reading – Over 2.5

Predicted 4 goals Ipswich v Stoke – Over 2.5 Northampton v Hartlepool – Over 2.5 Morecambe v Dagenham & Redbridge – Over 2.5 Without entering the odds yet, this is what I have in the English leagues. Anybody care to doublecheck the sheet for me in light of myself and Bruce having different records? Cheers people:ok What a dumbarse....am I the only one who gets confused by all these random games which have yet to be played???

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Pending confirmation of the above, here are todays over/under bets: Predicted 5 goals Aston Villa v Reading – Over [email protected]

Predicted 4 goals Ipswich v Stoke – Over [email protected] Northampton v Hartlepool – Over 2.5@evens Morecambe v Dagenham & Redbridge – Over [email protected] I also feel it's worth adding the following as I make the conference 9-4 since 27/11/2007 when exactly 1 goal is predicted. By contrast there has only been 1 0-0 prediction.....which lost. With that in mind: Predicted 1 goal (conference) Salisbury v Oxford - Under [email protected]

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ....my list is longer:- Aston V predicted 5 goals. 3-2 Over 2.5 = West Ham Barnsley Charlton A Ipswich T Leicester C Sheff U Cheltenham T Northampton T Notts F Brentford MKD 3-0 Morecambe Peterboro 3-0 Stockport Co Chelsea Cheers.Merlin.;)

....my list is longer:- Aston V predicted 5 goals. 3-2 Over 2.5 = West Ham Barnsley Charlton A Ipswich T Leicester C Sheff U Cheltenham T Northampton T Notts F Brentford MKD 3-0 Morecambe Peterboro 3-0 Stockport Co Chelsea Cheers.Merlin.;)
Oh yeah but i'm only going for the extreme opposites of spectrum. Over 4 and predicted 0-0's in general. While there could be money to be made on all.....I don't fancy having that many bets down every single weekend. Placed a small amount on the aways as well as doubling your 3-0 picks so a bit of exposure already. Also couldn't resist 2.80 on Chelski-1 & then thought I may as well place a proper bet on my tipster challenge picks. So a small treble on Moan U, Arsenal & Villa Phew!!!! Anyway, back on track....gl all with our selections here:ok

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. The Luton game I just missed and the rest seems to tally with yours so god knows what i've done in the prem and Championship. After todays games i'll have to go back and take another look unless you could send me your updated sheets for those leagues too? What a bloody mess:@

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. I can't understand the Ipswich v Stoke game. I've been through the results of each since MW updated his sheets and I have 100% correct. What else could factor in to this being wrong? Surely if Stoke was coming up an away win then Clarky would have it on his aways wins? But then I have Man City winning by 2 clear goals and he doesn't have that. Sorry for the confusion here everybody.