** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

come to belfast?

bigmal76

was talking to lemonjon and chelskired this evening and the idea popped up about a poker night in belfast and i was just wondering if anyone would fancy it.we have a few poker clubs over here that might sort us out with a few tables and stuff. i know its across the water but you can get here pretty cheaply.so if anyone fancies it post a wee note here and i will see if its worth it.:ok the list bigmal76 lemonjon morlswins chelskired ovalman alex_the_boss jaded? ubermonkey1 mcfc66 stevie-p and sophie tax monkey? dicie501 lesjonston willyking147 pokerose? ksportz dan the man fivetimes

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: come to belfast?

Hi guys we will try for a belfast tourny, anyone interested post here, there is a few poker clubs we can try
yeah as long as they aren't up the falls road.... chuckle. A few english gamblers I know have had bother over in belfast.. but they were ripping off slot machines chuckle.. Just stay out of areas with signs like : gg12.jpg Lol too much beeeeer :cheers alex

Re: come to belfast? omg!!!!! you want people to come over here!!!!! i had that idea last year and was all planned at a weekend in london ...i came back to road blocks and half of belfast in a full on riot:( well i guess orangefest is on in a week or so ...thats a great time of year with half the country exiled and all the shops and restaurants closed...still if you like MEN MARCHING up and down and up and down ...it might be your thing... ONLY JOKING:):) good enough idea...personally with the above being a bit tounge in cheek ...for some it is off putting. unfortuantly we cant be trusted so id offer dublin as better but would love to see something like that happen in belfast and would give it my full support gl with it

Re: come to belfast? Belfast is an ideal venue for a PL game. Anyone that I know who has been recently has had raring reviews about it. It really is an up and coming place for a weekend as the bars, nightlife and restuarants are always packed to capacity. I could always bring you all to watch Glentoran..... on second thoughts, you probably want to enjoy yourselves. There's a lot happening with PL over the coming months so I would leave it a few months. Perhaps someone could suggest a date, even if it has to be early next year? Plenty of time also gets people cheap flights and time to organise decent accomodation. I'll more than gladly help anyone sort things out. By this time, hopefully, the Cavendish should be open again. I've never been but from all reports I've heard it is one of the best Poker Clubs on these Isles. Even if its not open there are other choices and if we're really desperate we could even hire a bar and organise it ourselves. What's everyone think? PPS, if you think its difficult or expensive to get to, most airlines offer cheap flights and there are flights from every part of the country. and remember.... Guinness is good for you :beer :beer :beer

Re: come to belfast? before anyone gets worried about coming to belfast it is actully deemed to be one of the safest cities in europe.yes it has its bad areas but dosent every city,all of which can be easily avoided(although you can do a bus tour of them if you fancy it:ok)ovalman jon and me do know someone who is a regular at the cavendish so we might be able to get something sorted.failing that there are a few other places im sure would take in the pl rabble:lol.we are gonna leave it for a few months to give us time to get things sorted.this is just a wee thread to see if there was a general intrest.cheers.:ok

Re: come to belfast? Hmmm, I've never been to Northern Ireland before... could be fun. Am in London at the moment but am heading home and then to Vegas at the 25th-ish of july... ...I hope you can make it before then?? Or maybe you're thinking of having it much further down the road... :unsure Anyway...will do my very best to get there... and PR says he will too :D

Hmmm, I've never been to Northern Ireland before... could be fun. Am in London at the moment but am heading home and then to Vegas at the 25th-ish of july... ...I hope you can make it before then?? Or maybe you're thinking of having it much further down the road... :unsure Anyway...will do my very best to get there... and PR says he will too :D
and i thought teachers were badly paid :rollin :rollin :rollin

can anyone tell me if theres any good free rolls on tonight
I don't think there are many live game freerolls out there - certainly I don't know of any in Belfast - but maybe one of the Belfast lads knows different!! :P

can anyone tell me if theres any good free rolls on tonight apart from the bet365 5000 one ?
Yeah, you go to Belfast High Street... turn right... walk for about 100 yards... turn left in the round about... stand still for a few minutes....and have a think about it...:ok

Yeah' date=' you go to Belfast High Street... turn right... walk for about 100 yards... turn left in the round about... stand still for a few minutes....and have a think about it...:ok[/quote'] dont do that.you will end up in one of the dodgy areas i was talking about:tongue2. glad to see a bit of interest in this.ahhh the lure of poker is strong among you lot.:clap:clap:clap

Re: come to belfast? cool, nice bit of interest i see:ok I'll give the clubs a wee ring and c whats whats. also, could someone who has organised a night b4 pm me so i have some idea of what am asking for. Is it just the table, chips and cards or do we go for food etc etc any help would b great

In principle I'm game definitely. :ok :ok Without sounding like an ass, when? Theres PR's birthday, Copenhagen, Vegas and Worcester that I can think of so far.
stick the dates down that all the other stuff is happening(or is it posted somewhere else)and we will start to look at definate dates for getting this game on.:ok

• 2 weeks later...

Re: come to belfast? bump - any likely dates for this? I need to visit some good gambling folk in NI, and thought I'd meet the PL'ers and perhaps win morls' PuntersLounge shirt off his back! Any progress or likely dates let us know as I am keen to book flights on the cheap - (hey once a cheapskate always a cheapskate!):nana