Sporting Odds Champions League - July

runadrum

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Sporting Odds Champions League - July Yes of course. I'm just gutted as I've had some real bad luck during this tournament and that result would have helped me make the money again. I've mailed Joe @ Odds, he's a good bloke and will no doubt come back with a fair solution.

Re: Sporting Odds Champions League - July Got a mail bacl from Joe:

Hi Dave, I'm very sorry about the problems during last night's Champions League. I am currently waiting on Boss to supply me with a full report on the state of the tournament when it all went wrong. As soon as I have this I will let you know both how the prize money and league points will be awarded. As soon as this is done I will e-mail you again and let you know what has been decided. Please bear with me as I wait for all of the info. Regards, Joe

Re: Sporting Odds Champions League - July It was rather educational though, kind of puts K/Q and A/J in their place when their are no blinds to steal. Think I have always overated both hands now. Personally the best option would be to restart the tournement at the position the blinds stopped working with the chips as they were.I think those that just sat out might disagree though.

Re: Sporting Odds Champions League - July I'd tend to agree, it's a pain in the arce to have played for so long with no reward. Did it screw up with 7 players? It may not be possible to play from the same position but it would be fairer to at least award the point based on chipstacks when the software screwed up- not ideal but at least you get some renumeration for your efforts - refunds were probably not the right way to go as all but 2 were in the money - points are certainly the added value here.

Re: Sporting Odds Champions League - July Does anyone know what has happened with this?? Have they refunded the buy-ins and scrapped the points? Awarded the points according to the chips stacks when it went tits up?? Something else?? :unsure I can only play 2 out of the last 3 games, and whilst I've got no chance of finishing top, I do have a good shout of getting a decent(ish) place - IF Sundays points are awarded and I am able to at least try and get 5 scores on the board. If no points were awarded from Sunday then I'll not bother playing tonight. Would be very grateful if someone could let me know what the score is. Thanks. :ok

Re: Sporting Odds Champions League - July If the software screws up with 7 players left then refunding the buy in is absoloutly unacceptable. The players who were already out probably wouldnt get their buy in back, so SportingOdds is effectively keeping everyones money as a reward for screwing up. I hardly think so. The fairest soloution is to divide the prize pool between the remaining seven players, and award League points according to chip stack position at the time of fubar as a good will gesture.

Re: Sporting Odds Champions League - July Had a mail from Joe, looks like hes going to award the points as per chip stacks. Milou, I have to say, and I don't mean to be rude buddy, you shouldn't have got bored and flung your chips in. I will feel aggrieved if I don't get points for at least 5th place.

Re: Sporting Odds Champions League - July

Milou, I have to say, and I don't mean to be rude buddy, you shouldn't have got bored and flung your chips in.
I threw my chips in last night when this happened, I'm not so desperate that I'm going to let some badly written, badly tested and badly implemented software, probably outsourced to some third world country make me look like a twat and sit around for a few hours. As I said in a previous thread, I've stopped playing the Wednesday MTT because of the pound shop pikeys which come in and screw it up with their all ins, after last nights debacle I'll stop playing the monday night, and after this I think the champs league can go the same way for next month or until boss sort out their software. I know the people at sporting odds are nice and so are the people at poker.co.uk, but I'm nice too and if I invited you round to my house for a game of poker and half way through made you sit outside until your chips had reduced or changed the rules so that you didn't know how to play correctly you'd probably not want to come again. I know you want the best deal out of this, and for my part you can have my stake as part of the prize money, I don't have a problem with that but to exoect someone to sit around for a couple of hours like a dummy for the sake of a few dollars is is bit much.

Milou, I have to say, and I don't mean to be rude buddy, you shouldn't have got bored and flung your chips in.
I understand what you're saying however - to be fair - I had already had a good proportion of my stack taken whilst I was kicked out prior to the final table. I had then been dealt nothing but 6 4o / 8 5 o/ etc etc for I don't know how long. I had no idea at this point whether or not it was likely to be fixed anytime soon. If it did end up getting fixed (as you had said had happened on another tourney you'd played, and as it did last night with PL tourney on poker.co.uk) then I was going to be forced all in with absolutely nothing the way the cards were going. I got dealt A 10 - yes I knew I was behind pre-flop, but figured that it was the best chance I was likely to get to double through and give myself a chance if the software did get sorted. Alternatively I wasn't gutted if it din't improve and I went out as I had to be up extremely early in the morning and wasn't prepared to sit up half the night waiting for the software to right itself. Anyway - see you again tonight then - and Good Luck :hope

I threw my chips in last night when this happened, I'm not so desperate that I'm going to let some badly written, badly tested and badly implemented software, probably outsourced to some third world country make me look like a twat and sit around for a few hours.
For a start - are you calling me desperate?
As I said in a previous thread, I've stopped playing the Wednesday MTT because of the pound shop pikeys which come in and screw it up with their all ins, after last nights debacle I'll stop playing the monday night, and after this I think the champs league can go the same way for next month or until boss sort out their software.
Oh, so you think it's your software and you don't want people ruining your games for you? How arrogant.
I know you want the best deal out of this, and for my part you can have my stake as part of the prize money, I don't have a problem with that but to exoect someone to sit around for a couple of hours like a dummy for the sake of a few dollars is is bit much.
Get lost - i don't give a **** about 9 sodding dollars - I do care on the other hand about 90 points.

understand what you're saying however - to be fair - I had already had a good proportion of my stack taken whilst I was kicked out prior to the final table
Milou - I didn't know you were kicked out prior to the debacle.

Re: Sporting Odds Champions League - July Jeesuz, you're touchy. First of all the game went on far too long because of this problem, how long were you willing to wait? Secondly, yes I do feel these idiots ruin the game, that's not arrogant, have you ever called anyone a muppet? how many threads are devoted to the Hungarians, I decided not to play, it's a simple solution for me. Thirdly, I was out, I accept I was out, I also accept I lost my stake. The points in this are the most important thing I agree, but unless you are sure you'll win it, you win a few dollars -which is what I was refering to - or do you think you're going to win it? in which case I'm sorry for underestimating you. Count to 10, face the east, say om a lot and eat a flake or something, you getting far to upset about this.

yes I do feel these idiots ruin the game, that's not arrogant, have you ever called anyone a muppet? how many threads are devoted to the Hungarians, I decided not to play, it's a simple solution for me.
I'm happy for you.
The points in this are the most important thing I agree, but unless you are sure you'll win it, you win a few dollars -which is what I was refering to - or do you think you're going to win it? in which case I'm sorry for underestimating you.
I thought I had a chance of winning it, whats the point of being there if you don't. The money in this case is irrelevant, I certainly wouldn't waste time arguing with you over a fiver - of that you can be assured.
Count to 10, face the east, say om a lot and eat a flake or something, you getting far to upset about this.
If I am upset it is because of your arrogant attitude. Plain and simple.

Re: Sporting Odds Champions League - July OK I apologise if that's the case it was in no way meant to offend. After reading the thread again I can't see why you'd take offence but if you have there's nothing I can do about it. As for arrogance - simply suggested the software is sh1te and I'd rather play on software which didn't wast my time.(or is that arrogance?) Again, sorry if it offended, it wasn't meant to- can't say any more!

Re: Sporting Odds Champions League - July May I intercede from a neutral perspective? Tough! :) 6ooner's post was pretty clearly steamy-rant but it doesn't look like it was directly aimed at you DAC, so I think you've probably overeacted by taking it personally. Have a brew mate. Will make you feel better :beer

Re: Sporting Odds Champions League - July Dave, The fact that an earlier post of mine was highlighted and quoted prior to 6ooner's steamy rant as you called it led me to believe that it was directed at me. Y'see.

Dave, The fact that an earlier post of mine was highlighted and quoted prior to 6ooner's steamy rant as you called it led me to believe that it was directed at me. Y'see.
DAC, I only quoted that to highlight that the problem went on for a long time - based on that, when the problem occurred last night I threw my chips away because I wasn't willing to wait for a couple of hours for it to be sorted out (even though it did fix itself after a table change). My problem has only ever been with the Boss software and the way it screws up the games. Over the past few games I've been in the top 3 a few times when the software has kicked me out and my chipstack had significantly reduced by the time I got back in. I'm actually agreeing with you. Once again - sorry if I phrased it wrong.

Hurrah. Group hug! :cow
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin Awwwwwww.... that's nice :ok I don't like to see my son in arguments... but you know... a mum is prepared to do anything to help him :lol DON*T UPSET PEOPLE BOY.... however I couldn't agree more with you :ok

Which is :unsure
Come on... this is silly... I am sure you have read all his posts, as you replied to them!! I was merely trying to make a funny comment, however I seem to have failed trying to cheer you up!! Then I actually agree with all the things gooner says about software... about Hungarians and Low Buy In tournaments... I don't like playing them either and only play them for the PL banter. And these days with Boss Media... we all know it fcuks up all the time... so I don't really understand all the moaning and groaning... WE KNOW ITS A FACTOR!!!! Play and deal with it... or don't play Boss Media!!! Simple as that...