** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Okay - how do you play this?

robilaruk

I have been short stacked since hand 3 when my trips (39s on SB limp) got out kicked by the BB trips (3Qo) :eyes (on a lovely flop as I thought at the time 3 3 x:cry which cost me half my stack) so I have been nursing my short stack and this hand comes up - two limpers before me so I raise 6Xblinds and get 4 callers......:eek :eyes :eek Any thoughts oh how best to play? the table has generally been fairly loose PF with limp and calls to small raises, but not large raises or bets post flop...... Hand #334883150 at table: STT $100 NL Started: Sun Jun 18 16:25:58 2006 thecortstr is at seat 1 with 3995.00 MVincennes is at seat 2 with 1840.00 --flush is at seat 3 with 3880.00 tom012 is at seat 4 with 3370.00 HERO is at seat 5 with 840.00 orvis is at seat 6 with 1765.00 zsleeper is at seat 9 with 1220.00 Mr. Bigi is at seat 10 with 3015.00 thecortstr posts the large blind 50.00 Mr. Bigi posts the small blind 25.00 Mr. Bigi: --, -- thecortstr: --, -- MVincennes: --, -- --flush: --, -- tom012: --, -- HERO: Qh, Qd orvis: --, -- zsleeper: --, -- Pre-flop: MVincennes: Fold --flush: Call 50.00 tom012: Call 50.00 HERO: Raise 300.00 orvis: Call 300.00 zsleeper: Call 300.00 Mr. Bigi: Fold thecortstr: Fold --flush: Call 300.00 tom012: Call 300.00 Flop (Board: 3c, Qc, 3s):

Re: Okay - how do you play this? I'd slowplay this hand right to the river. This is an excellent hand to check/call all the way to the river as there is a potential flush draw out there, a lower house could also emerge, and you also have the possibility of someone with a single Q thinking they're ahead. No need to push this one, with 4 in, someone will make a play at that pot.

Re: Okay - how do you play this? I´m not a big fan of slowplaying but I think I would just check here. Since you only have few chips left, you want a lot of aother player putting a little more in the pot not 1 player putting alot more in. I think there is a good chance that one of the 2 last players will put in a small bet on the flop if you just check. I fear that if you raise all-in alot of player might fold, and if you make a small raise you might get reraisedof one of the players right behind you, which alos might force other players out.

Re: Okay - how do you play this? It's a beast. I generally only slowplay when I've got a huge one (heh..), and I think this counts. With 4 callers, someone must have had a piece of that, and there's incredibly little chance of you losing. The only real worry is 33, so check check check all day :)

Re: Okay - how do you play this? I thought about it - a lot (well for about 10 secs) and did this --flush: Check tom012: Check HERO: Bet 150.00 orvis: Fold zsleeper: Fold --flush: Call 150.00 tom012: Call 150.00 Turn (Board: 3c, Qc, 3s, 3d): so now what? Damo

So what happened??? Tell us - please tell us:notworthy :notworthy

Re: Okay - how do you play this? Its still a coinflip. 3 possible hands. Quad 3's full house queens full of threes or full house three's full of queens. You have the 2nd best possible hand, there is an equal likelihood that the villain has a 3 or Q. So carry on regardless. Oh, and :hope and everything else.

Re: Okay - how do you play this? Hmmm... A3 and 33 are now your worries. I would bet large on the turn, and anyone that's got a 3 will push. Still.. if they do push, they could be bluffing, so do you call? The 3 was the one card you didn't want to see. Still... here's hoping for the last Q on the river!

Re: Okay - how do you play this?

Hmmm... A3 and 33 are now your worries. I would bet large on the turn, and anyone that's got a 3 will push. Still.. if they do push, they could be bluffing, so do you call? The 3 was the one card you didn't want to see. Still... here's hoping for the last Q on the river!
What pack of cards do you use? 3 3s on th board and you're worried about pocket 3s?

Re: Okay - how do you play this? i'm a bit late with this but from the original flop i would of bet half the pot, the A-x players will often call, also 2 clubs on the board will often get someone calling for the flush draw, checking after a 6xbb raise looks too much like a trap, especially if you bet out when a scare card comes on the turn (which unfortunately it has), if anyone does have the 3 it was just unlucky as nothing would push them off trips anyway!!

i'm a bit late with this but from the original flop i would of bet half the pot, the A-x players will often call, also 2 clubs on the board will often get someone calling for the flush draw, checking after a 6xbb raise looks too much like a trap, especially if you bet out when a scare card comes on the turn (which unfortunately it has), if anyone does have the 3 it was just unlucky as nothing would push them off trips anyway!!
The pot is 1500 and he only has 540 left:unsure. So the only decision really is check or all in. Not sure about a small bet, what's the point? You can't really get away from it, and the all in is still giving a caller decent odds. Being in middle position I'd probably just go all in.

I´m not a big fan of slowplaying but I think I would just check here. Since you only have few chips left, you want a lot of aother player putting a little more in the pot not 1 player putting alot more in. I think there is a good chance that one of the 2 last players will put in a small bet on the flop if you just check. I fear that if you raise all-in alot of player might fold, and if you make a small raise you might get reraisedof one of the players right behind you, which alos might force other players out.
Thats exactly wot i'd do. And if a guy shows me 4 three's then he deserves all of my money but i know i'll get it back next time i have 4 of a kind. One of the things i remeber from super system ,if u worry about the 4 three's, u would never play a hnad

Re: Okay - how do you play this? I would have put in half the pot. Didn't help in a game yesterday though Flop KJK I had KJ blinds 100 - i raise 400 he raises 400 i call Turn A he raises 200 - i raise 220 (allin) he shows AA and beats my FH :(

Re: Okay - how do you play this? some interesting thoughts the key moment for me is on the flop - I have (barring 33) the made hand, and need to extract the most cash I can, thats why I think the shove is shite, I am only worried about 33 AA or KK (assuming an A or K hits turn and/or flop - every other pair is behind unless they hit runner runner) okay here's what happened on the turn Turn (Board: 3c, Qc, 3s, 3d): --flush: Check tom012: Check robilaruk: Bet 100.00 --flush: Call 100.00 tom012: Fold am I worried? nah, he only beats me with a 3, I did have to work out whether his AA was beating me tho (HAHAHAHAHA like he has AA) so I have 290 chips left against one villian on the river anyone want to guess what the card was.......... results are on the page - so have a guess first before peeking :spank Damo? River (Board: 3c, Qc, 3s, 3d, 9h): --flush: Check robilaruk: All in --flush: Call 290.00 Showdown: --flush shows: As, 4d (three of a kind, Threes) robilaruk shows: Qh, Qd (full house) Mainpot: robilaruk wins the pot of 2805 with full house