** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Ever backed all 5 classic winners in the same season???

2000 Guineas 1000 Guineas Oaks Derby St Leger I think i've only ever managed the 3 in the past (2000, Derby and Leger) and (Derby, Oaks and Leger) It would be the ultimate bit of betting to get all 5 winners. Was interested to know if anyone had done it and if it was single bets, accumulators and when.

Re: Ever backed all 5 classic winners in the same season??? i remember doing well in the old days (80's) when i used to follow the likes of Cecil & Cauthen. Never bothered with an accy as the plans change for the classics so much. Backed the last 2 derby winners ! :nana Never do well with the Guineas - last one i think was lester on Rodrigo de triano:loon

Re: Ever backed all 5 classic winners in the same season??? Just checked the previous winners and it was 2003 - Russian Rhythm (1000 Guineas), Kris Kin (Derby) and Brian Boru (St Leger) 2004 - North Light (Derby), Ouija Board (Oaks) and Rule Of Law (St Leger) Can't imagine ever getting the 5, its usually the 1000 guineas that I can't get.

Re: Ever backed all 5 classic winners in the same season???

Just checked the previous winners and it was 2003 - Russian Rhythm (1000 Guineas), Kris Kin (Derby) and Brian Boru (St Leger) 2004 - North Light (Derby), Ouija Board (Oaks) and Rule Of Law (St Leger) Can't imagine ever getting the 5, its usually the 1000 guineas that I can't get.
Was Kris kin about 6/1 or 7/1 and russian rhythm about 8/1 or 12/1 I am sure i backed both of these in singles. Certainly Kris kin ,, now start :lol because i have a son and brother named Chris... lol:rollin thats why i backed it .

Re: Ever backed all 5 classic winners in the same season???

Was Kris kin about 6/1 or 7/1 and russian rhythm about 8/1 or 12/1 I am sure i backed both of these in singles. Certainly Kris kin ,, now start :lol because i have a son and brother named Chris... lol:rollin thats why i backed it .
Russian Rhythm was 12's which was massive. Someone I used to work with had been on some stable visits and was told about Russian Rhythm beforehand. Kris Kin was backed in on the day, Nick Mordin from Weekender had tipped it up and gave a great write up. I got to name my brother when my parents asked what I wanted to call him, I don't think he'll ever forgive me. His name...............................................BRUCE:lol Oh yes, i used to watch play your cards right when I was a kid

Re: Ever backed all 5 classic winners in the same season??? I had Lammtarra in the Derby a few years back. Backed it during the winter antepost at 33/1. Was on holiday when Derby was run, bought the paper in Spain and turned to the back page....fcuk me, it won at 14/1 SP:nana

Re: Ever backed all 5 classic winners in the same season??? I have a gut feeling that it was probably easier to find the Classic winners pre-the 1980's. There was often a more traditional approach to specific trial races chosen by trainers to test their horses and I'm sure that the Classic Favs were more reliable - hence the systems based on double up/stop at a winner betting on Favs in the Classics. I used to do very well dutching Favs with any other unbeaten horse in each classic. I also recall using a staking plan on the first four Classics which involved single Fav bets ( or 2nd Fav if Fav was odds on ) but the stakes were structured to produce the equivalent of a Yankee bet. The problem was and still is, that the prices of Favs are not sufficient to withstand a losing run. Er.... I digress. No I never backed all 5.