International Friendlies (31 May - 3 Jun)

Re: International Friendlies (31 May - 3 June) Ivory Coast - Slovenia Pick: Ivory Coast Stake: 6/10 Odds: 1.85 Bookmaker: Eurobet Ivory Coast is, without doubt, the best African team on this World Cup. I believe that they will go on victory against Slovenia because they are without win in this preparation period before the World Cup and certainly win in the last match will mean a lot for players' confidence and morale. Slovenian team has a lot of problems. Many important players are injured and on Saturday was played the last round of Slovenian league and after that matches some of the players will travel to Paris (the will be played in Paris on neutral ground) late in the night. This will certainly affect on their performances. There will be huge problems in Slovenian team because they will play without Knavs and Cesar who are the best defenders in the team. Ivory Coast has many great players in their team, players with a lot of experience in their legs accumulated with playing in best leagues in the world. Kone and Drogba will be constant danger for the Slovenian defense and I think that they will manage to beat Slovenian team. It is very weird what Slovenians think about this match. All of them believe that Slovenia will lose this match. Just to add, the match will be played in France and it is expected Ivory Coast to be supported from many fans because there are many of them living and working in France.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International Friendlies (31 May - 3 June) 10pts Brazil-Japan (1.22 @ William Hill) This has got to be worth a max stake bet even if it's just a friendly. These are two total mismatches on paper and even on an off-day for Japan and Brazil, this has got to be the surest 1.22 bet available IMO. Malta are mugs in the leagues of the Liechtensteins, Andorras, San Marinos and Luxembourgs and I just can't see how they'd be able to take anything against a fired-up Japanese side who are up for this(largely down to this being their last match before the WC starts) and will have had their confidence being massively boosted by their recent 2-2 draw with Germany. Likewise, I don't think I need say too much abt Brazil-NZ - this is as one-sided a game as you could get if the same matchup took place in rugby union. :rollin

Re: International Friendlies (31 May - 3 June) Tip Detail Sport Football (Internationals) Event Japan v Malta Selection Japan to win to nil Strength 5/10 Date 04/06/2006 Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 1.88 (Back) Reasoning The odds for Japan to win not tasty, but I guess they can win witout recieving....Yep they have some injury problems, their first-choice strike pairing, Naohiro Takahara and Atsushi Yanagisawa, are doubts but they have got replacements, at least enough to break poor Malta's defence... Japan's couldn't win their last three matches, 2006-05-30 Germany-Japan 2-2 2006-05-13 Japan-Scotland 0-0 2006-05-09 Japan-Bulgaria 1-2 and these kind of opponents are usually chosen by trainers to help the spirit of the team to rise... And I wonder how the Malta will break Japon's defence...Yes they had some promosing results, 1-1 draws against Bulgaria and Croatia, but all they were at home...But in Germany, on neutral ground I don't expect them to find the nets (if the angels of luck don't help them), BTW: Their important Michael Misfud who plays in Norway is missing (Wonder İf they have any other playing abroad!) Besides: I've taken Japan to Wİn: 10/10 Stake as well

Re: International Friendlies (31 May - 3 June)

Malta are mugs in the leagues of the Liechtensteins' date=' Andorras, San Marinos and Luxembourgs and I just can't see how they'd be able to take anything against a fired-up Japanese side who are up for this(largely down to this being their last match before the WC starts) and will have had their confidence being massively boosted by their recent 2-2 draw with Germany.[/quote'] How can you compare Malta with San Marino(by far the worst side in Europe) and Luxemburg for God's sake(btw, Lichtenstein is two classes above Luxemburg)? Generally, Japan has got more class and should easily win this one by 2 or more, but Malta can cause some troubles on their day(don't forget: Malta-Iceland 0:0, Malta-Croatia 1:1, Malta-Bulgaria 1:1,...)

How can you compare Malta with San Marino(by far the worst side in Europe) and Luxemburg for God's sake(btw, Lichtenstein is two classes above Luxemburg)? Generally, Japan has got more class and should easily win this one by 2 or more, but Malta can cause some troubles on their day(don't forget: Malta-Iceland 0:0, Malta-Croatia 1:1, Malta-Bulgaria 1:1,...)
Agree with kojic2003...Malta is not a poor team, mean poor but not that much.... And this is a friendly, not hugh money must be put on :drums Still considering this match is training exercise for Japan's side, 1.88 has a value ;)

SportFootball (Internationals)
EventSouth Korea v Ghana
SelectionOVER 2
Strength10/10
Date04/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceBetdaq @ 1.97 (Back)
ReasoningUsually both teams seem like low scoring ones but this is a friendly match, not much pressure, and some squad rotation expected. South Korea go into the game on the back of 0:0 draw against Norway and I don't expect some similar result this time. It is logical to try something different and more offensive tactics. OVER 2 goals

EventHolland v Australia
SelectionDraw
Strength10/10
Date04/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 4.00 (Back)
ReasoningIt will be interesting game with so many Premiership players taking part. Other fact of curiosity is the presence of Guus Hiddink but leading the Australians. As a final warm-up before World Cup even the small injuries are not welcome so that might be taken in consideration too. Enough facts for me favouring a classic friendly DRAW

By the way' date=' Bamse - I watched some highlights of Sweden vs Chile 1:1 on Eurosport 2. Where did come so many Chilean fans on the stadium for a friendly match??!! Any idea?[/quote']Yeah I was wondering that! Its a long way from the Andes to Scandanavia!:unsure

By the way' date=' Bamse - I watched some highlights of Sweden vs Chile 1:1 on Eurosport 2. Where did come so many Chilean fans on the stadium for a friendly match??!! Any idea?[/quote'] I was a bit stunned myself, they were really loud too! The explanation is of course that many Chileans live in Sweden. Majority of them came as political refugees after Pinochet took over power over there.

Re: International Friendlies (31 May - 3 June) See Damion Stewart played centre of defence for Jamaica yesterday, he was signed by QPR last month. Didnt look too bad on the ball TBH, dont think he was to blame for any of the 1st 4 goals & i didnt see the last 2. We now have Paul Jones International Keeper & Damion Stewart from Jamaica - exciting times ahead! :loon

Re: International Friendlies (31 May - 3 June) Im joining the ones that are going for the Ivorians today! Drogba said that they arent satisfied with "not losing" and desperatly want a win here before the WC. I have no reason not to believe him. Slovenians missing many players and havent convinced in their play. Ivory coast by far better in defence, midfield, and attack! Ivorians to win for me :ok

Yeah, thanks for that, Bamse. Reasonable explanation. Initially rightly thought that it's some history lesson I'm missing. Next time I'll know
Hey, how do you learn stuff if you never ask? :ok

Prediction of Netherlands vs Australia I believe that Netherlands will win, what do you guy thinks?

I think the advantages of Netherlands below would make them win. Also I think most of players are not as good as the players of Netherlands and the disadvantages of Netherlands below are not a big problem comparing to the advantages.

(Netherlands:

Pros:

1.All posiitions are better than Australia, of techniques and strength. -Take friendly games serious, came back from behind twice in the last game against Iran.

2.Van Basten said they will be showing full squad.

3.Except for GK, every position has more than 1 choices, players have to show determination and status.

4. Won both recent warm-up.

5. 6 out of last 8 games kept a clean sheet.

Cons:

1.Defense line shown weakness in last two games.

2. Rafael van der Vaart injured again.

Australia:

Con:

1. Kewell and Cahill just came recoverd, need time to retain total fitness

2. Moore and Bresciano have light injuries, not expected to play.)

It is around seventy something % people support Netherlands from the fixture there and also from the statistics, I can see Croatia won 10 times in 12 matches of the 2006 world cup Qualifier and they have 27 goal score over those 10 matches, that shows their attack ability are very strong. Therefore I strongly believe the Netherlands will win this matches

What do you guys think?

Re: International Friendlies (31 May - 3 June) Have to admit i'm being tempted by the Ivory Coasters Slovenia have been on a bit of a downer since Euro 2000, even us Scots have beaten them away 0-3!Their other firendly results as of late havent been to impressive either only managing wins over Cyprus (1-0) and Moldova (1-2) in the last 8 games I expect IC to 'out-physical' them and a -0.5,-1 asian on IC might be worth a look @ 2.05 IC need a win to give them a lift going into the finals and with the team news of the Slovenes plus their poor results as of late (3-1 against Trinidad is the highlight!!) it should be fairly comfortable A straight win @ 1.80 ish is also good value Japan should beat Malta fairly easily too, they've had plenty matches as of late whereas Malta havent played in a good while Malta away from home are a different animal too, losing 4-0 to Hungary, 4-1 to Iceland and neither Hungary or Iceland are strong teams Struggling to find any markets with value on this though Netherlands vs Australia The Dutch form hasn't been great coming into this WC but i expect them to outgun the Aussies, with a bit of inside info from Hiddink the Aussies might make it tough for the Dutch but in the end i think Van bastens men will prevail, i'm expecting goals in this Overs @ 1.90 or above is quite good value imo

Re: International Friendlies (31 May - 3 Jun) Ghana vs South Korea (neutral field). Ghana at 1.80 on Mansion (AHC 0:0): Both national teams played a few times recently: Ghana has shown good organized in last friendly matches, had good results too; South Korea is IMO an unpredictable team, cause they had an easy qualify to W.C., but I'm curious to watch for its real strongness against opponents of big value. I prefer to take Ghana, with the option of asian hanicap at level (in order to cover, without lost, my bet in case of draw) cause I agree so much the absolute value of the middle zone of the african national team (Essien-Addo-Muntari-Appiah). Ghana will start with the classic modul (4-4-2) counting on the couple of forwards Amoah-Asamoah for the attack line; general proove for defensive zone (Mensah-Kuffour-Paintsil-Pappoe). South Korea will propose a 3-4-3 modul: advanced line based over Chu-Yong, Cho Jae-Jim, Kyung Ho; middle line over the experience of Park Ji-Sung, Lee Young-Pyo, Kim Nam-II and Kim Do-Heom. The match will be played in Scotland - Edinburgh.

Re: International Friendlies (31 May - 3 Jun) Giovanni, thanks for your insight, i was having a hard time with this game and i wanted to know which side was the better option of the DNB. I believe Park Ji-Sung is back after a slight injury so not too sure the coach wants to reaggrevate it. Good Luck!

Re: International Friendlies (31 May - 3 Jun) I've watched Ghana-Turkey friendly and I can say that they have a solid middle field and defence hard to break...Don't have much clue about latest South Korea...but results show that they also play defensive....But thier latest match was on 2006-06-01 two days ago against better Norway 0-0(compared to Jamaica) , while Ghana's latest was on 2006-05-29 against avarage Jamaica, and won 4-1...So Gana's players must be more rested... Seems a low scoring under to me, but I placed some on on Ghana(AHC 0:0), hope they can nick it...

Re: International Friendlies (31 May - 3 Jun) Wahts peoples thoughts on the Brazil vs New Zealand game?? Bet365 have goalscorer bets on this maybe worth a look I expect Brazil to win this by a good 3 goals if not more, New Zealands best result as of late is a 1-3 win away at Georgia but apart from that they've not really done much althought seem to be improving over the years

EventHolland v Australia
SelectionDraw
Strength10/10
Date04/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 4.00 (Back)
ReasoningIt will be interesting game with so many Premiership players taking part. Other fact of curiosity is the presence of Guus Hiddink but leading the Australians. As a final warm-up before World Cup even the small injuries are not welcome so that might be taken in consideration too. Enough facts for me favouring a classic friendly DRAW
Jesus :loon Nice pick mate. Very impressive :clap:clap:clap