** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

International Friendlies (31 May - 3 Jun)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International Friendlies (31 May - 3 June)

Tip Detail Sport Football (Internationals) Event Japan v Malta Selection Japan to win to nil Strength 5/10 Date 04/06/2006 Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 1.88 (Back) Reasoning The odds for Japan to win not tasty, but I guess they can win witout recieving....Yep they have some injury problems, their first-choice strike pairing, Naohiro Takahara and Atsushi Yanagisawa, are doubts but they have got replacements, at least enough to break poor Malta's defence... Japan's couldn't win their last three matches, 2006-05-30 Germany-Japan 2-2 2006-05-13 Japan-Scotland 0-0 2006-05-09 Japan-Bulgaria 1-2 and these kind of opponents are usually chosen by trainers to help the spirit of the team to rise... And I wonder how the Malta will break Japon's defence...Yes they had some promosing results, 1-1 draws against Bulgaria and Croatia, but all they were at home...But in Germany, on neutral ground I don't expect them to find the nets (if the angels of luck don't help them), BTW: Their important Michael Misfud who plays in Norway is missing (Wonder İf they have any other playing abroad!) Besides: I've taken Japan to Wİn: 10/10 Stake as well
Nice picks El Nihil.:ok

SportFootball (Internationals)
EventSouth Korea v Ghana
SelectionOVER 2
Strength10/10
Date04/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceBetdaq @ 1.97 (Back)
ReasoningUsually both teams seem like low scoring ones but this is a friendly match, not much pressure, and some squad rotation expected. South Korea go into the game on the back of 0:0 draw against Norway and I don't expect some similar result this time. It is logical to try something different and more offensive tactics. OVER 2 goals
Already 2-1 in Ghanas favour so this ones another winner :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Re: International Friendlies (31 May - 3 Jun) Brazil vs New Zealand Can see a goal being knocked in inside 20 minutes so 5/6 looks like good odds to me First goal to be scored up to and including 20 minutes @ 5/6 Medium stake Bah!New Zealand surprised me holding out til the 43rd minute And Ronaldinho being the penalty taker and all-round good footballer the 8/11 seems a reasonable punt Ronaldinho to score anytime @ 8/11 Large stake All the major players BUT him scored, Ronaldo, Adriano, Kaka and Juninho

How can you compare Malta with San Marino(by far the worst side in Europe) and Luxemburg for God's sake(btw, Lichtenstein is two classes above Luxemburg)? Generally, Japan has got more class and should easily win this one by 2 or more, but Malta can cause some troubles on their day(don't forget: Malta-Iceland 0:0, Malta-Croatia 1:1, Malta-Bulgaria 1:1,...)
What drivel are you on about? So are you going to tell me Liechtenstein are in the same - or at least, close - league as Portugal too? Afterall, they did hold them to a 2-2 draw in the WC2006 qualifiers. Fluke results don't compensate for a team's class(or lack thereof), do they? On what basis do you claim San Marino are 'by far the worst' team in Europe anyway? I'd happily take you on if you fancied Luxembourg to beat San Marino if the two sides ever met - then again, I'd happily play the role of the books if you ever fancied anyone when one of these play each other : San Marino, Luexmbourg, Liechtenstein, Malta, Andorra, Faroe Islands. :rollin

Re: International Friendlies (31 May - 3 Jun) missed the cracking tips taday!!gotp inched by both the holland and turkey games, how on earth turkey got beat i dont know but its an absolute piss take:wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall congrats to stellar for the picks tho:ok

What drivel are you on about? So are you going to tell me Liechtenstein are in the same - or at least' date=' close - league as Portugal too? Afterall, they did hold them to a 2-2 draw in the WC2006 qualifiers. Fluke results don't compensate for a team's class(or lack thereof), do they? [b']On what basis do you claim San Marino are 'by far the worst' team in Europe anyway? I'd happily take you on if you fancied Luxembourg to beat San Marino if the two sides ever met - then again, I'd happily play the role of the books if you ever fancied anyone when one of these play each other : San Marino, Luexmbourg, Liechtenstein, Malta, Andorra, Faroe Islands. :rollin
Probably because I have seen both Malta(Croatia didn't create a signle (half) chance against them in the last 20 minutes) and San Marino(who's surely the worst team in europe alongside Luxemburg.). :\ Btw, who's comparing Lichtenstein and Portugal? :unsure Seriously, what are you talking about?I just said that Lichtenstein is class above Luxemburg, which is obvious for anyone who saw these two sides, except you...Lichtenstein trashed Luxemburg(4:0 or 5:0?I'm not sure) in their last meeting, so I have no idea what you're trying to prove(say).

Probably because I have seen both Malta(Croatia didn't create a signle (half) chance against them in the last 20 minutes) and San Marino(who's surely the worst team in europe alongside Luxemburg.). :\ Btw' date=' who's comparing Lichtenstein and Portugal? :unsure Seriously, what are you talking about?I just said that Lichtenstein is class above Luxemburg, which is obvious for anyone who saw these two sides, except you...Lichtenstein trashed Luxemburg(4:0 or 5:0?I'm not sure) in their last meeting, so I have no idea what you're trying to prove(say).[/quote'] What the hell are you on about? First you said, San Marino are by far the worst team in Europe. Now, you're telling me, they're on par with Luxembourg to be the worst teams in Europe. Either way, you still make no sense - your logic is senseless to begin with(if you're going to tell me Liechtenstein are a 'class' above Luxembourg on the back of the home-and-away wins in the 2006 WC qualifiers, I'd make just as much sense to suggest Liechtenstein is at Portugal's level because they held them to a 2-2 draw at home and only lost by a narrow 2-1 margin away!). All I'm saying is there's nothing seperating Malta, Faroe Islands, Andorra, San Marino, Luxembourg and Liechtenstein - to suggest Liechtenstein is a class above Luxembourg (when they're still reeling in the sort of results just about anyone could obtain by picking 11 men off the streets) is no different from suggesting a student ranked 9999 in a class of 10000 is actually a class above the one ranked 10000th. How much sense are you making, really?

Re: International Friendlies (31 May - 3 Jun) there are some massive differences between some of the bookies on these friendlies aren't there! twice the odds in some cases! I'm tempted with France and I've already thrown a few quid at Tunisia but friendlies are unpredictable little buggers at the best of times and days before a world cup even more so! nice work BTW Stellar -living up to your monica there!

Re: International Friendlies (31 May - 3 Jun) Tonights games Im going for France to lead for 60 mins 5/6 Sporting odds There should be a few goals in this game and they'll all be scored by France. They should get a goal in the first 30 mins and they'll not look back if they do. Cisse anytime scorer 11/8 Paddypower. Cisses got a good record for France. He's not as clinical as Henry but France should create quite a bit for him. Enough opportunites for him to score one.