** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Bet365/Freeroll Advice

Belly77

I've been holding my own on betfair's small STT tables but recently read on here that its possible to build up a free bank via freerolls. Has anybody on here got anywhere with freerolls? I've been trying to build up a bank on 365 as they seem to have the most regular freerolls but so far have only managed to win about $5. I came 116th out 10000 odd last week but thats about as good as it gets. I always get caught between being aggresive and waiting for a decent hand and before you know it the blinds get too big and your forced to go all in.It seems that at somepoint your going to have to go all in and sooner or later your going to get a beat by the potentially lesser hand (which seems to happen to me alot). Is this a case of being muscled out by too many players or just bad calling by myself? What's the best tactic for getting anywhere in these freerolls? Can anybody recommend any other good sites that allows you to build a free bank roll?

Re: Bet365/Freeroll Advice You can definitely build up a decent bankroll from freerolls :ok You need to "shop around" and play the better value freerolls - there's no better information out there than Punters Lounge!!! :ok I would say that you will never build a decent bankroll from events like you describe (or if you do, it will take a LONG time and huge slice of luck) - their value per player (prize pool divided by entrants) is way too small. Interesting sites being talked about at the moment.... Mansion - not quite freerolls, but for 1c buy ins you are playing for $500 (with less than 200 entrants). They also have $50 tourneys for 1c with low entry. Betfair - Their anniversary freerolls require 2 MPP points - which are quite quick to achieve You then have $20,000 prizes (in 2 freerolls) with 1500 entrants each..... Virgin - I think they have a daily $50 freerolls PokerPlayer Magazine - you can subscribe for a year for £5 - there are a number of freerolls listed per month - at Betfair, Spin Palace, poker.co.uk which are ALL great value. Boss Media - currently running qualifiers for a $20,000 freeroll - requires a certain number of raked hands. Sporting Odds - Daily - The Safety Net is traditionally popular (though I don't like the value it offers any more) Blue Square - Daily - The Bankroll Booster - again traditionally popular but doesn't offer huge value at the moment. But the BEST advice is to watch this forum - there are new value Freeroll tournies discussed EVERY day. :ok

Re: Bet365/Freeroll Advice The other route that I would recommend is "Value Added" tournies (again - loads listed here all the time!!) - you have been playing STT's - so you're not a complete newcomer - I'd say, make sure that you get value when you are spending money (whether it be deposited, or earned from freerolls). Get into the Blue Square Bubble Tourney - play 10c STT's on Blue Square till you bubble, then an email will get you into a $1000 freeroll with fewer than 100 entrants!!!!

Re: Bet365/Freeroll Advice Hi Belly, Couple of threads you might want to look at: http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23271 http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15669 Some of it might be a bit basic for the stage your at already but it never hurts to review what you think you know. Somewhere on the forum there is a thread that deals with starting a bankroll by playing freerolls ( I'm sure it was started by Valiant) but can't find it at the minute. If I do I'll post a link for you. As GaF? says there's a few places that do good freerolls at the mo. The Virgin one offers the least value (only being $50) but IMO is good one to start with because there's less all in muppets. I'd stay away from any on prima (Laddies, 32red, Stans James etc) for the moment because there's just too many entrants. In general the boss media ( Virgin, Sporting Odds, Poker.co.uk) freerolls are good. You can also try places like Betfred, Dream poker etc etc. Mansion you need to make a deposit because they don't have freerolls but 1c buys ins with added value. If you can, get into a freeroll where's theres a few PL'ers. I've learn't more from getting my butt kicked by these guys than from anything I've read. HTH and best of luck to you:ok

Re: Bet365/Freeroll Advice Hiya Belly. Here's the write-up I did on building a totally free bankroll. http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21979 Believe me it takes some patience (he says as "Patience" by Guns n Roses comes on MediaMonkey - quality track). Anyway.........:unsure Regardless of the excellent advice already given, you must trust yourself. Some people are more suited to playing on some sites than others, and find they can do better on Betfair than say Blue Square, so if you struggle somewhere, don't worry. I feel any new site takes some getting used to. In addition to the sites already mentioned, Canbet have a $500 freeroll each Sat. and Sun. evening (start time does vary, though). PokerPlayer and Inside Edge have promotional freerolls that seem to attract only a few entrants in comparison to the Bet365/Prima sites. Anything else at all you need, just ask and we'll do our best to turn you into a poker junkie like the rest of us...:ok

Re: Bet365/Freeroll Advice Best tip I've had for free-rolls of the massive variety (i.e. Prima type) is to spend the first hour or so folding almost everything. Play AA, KK, maybe AK and QQ - and go all-in with any of them. There's enough muppets there to guarantee you callers most of the time. Anything else in the first 60 mins or so, lay down. More detailed strategy at http://www.poker-strategy.org/default.aspx?tabid=128 Tried it a few times and it worked well when I had the patience - not often, unfortunately!

Re: Bet365/Freeroll Advice Speaking of 365, meant to post some praise about them but forgot... On thursday I got a call from a new promotions manager at 365, asked my opinions on the software, promos etc. Then he stuck a free no strings $100 in my account and offered me 25-50% rakeback, 50% at $500 or more avg monthly rake, which is an awesome rakeback schedule. Top notch customer care.