Fridays bets including through the card at Ponty

3.05 Haydock - Makfly Lightly raced, forgive it the last run on fast ground when it was eased and it has a great chance today. Made all at Doncaster in Nov 2005 on soft ground with 2 winners and 7 places coming from that race. Also finished 4th at York in Oct 2005 on Good ground with 3 winners and 4 places from that race. Has ticks in the right boxes, distance winner and will return at a decent price. 2.10 Goodwood - Cool Customer Ran a cracking race at York last week and only just failed to get up on the line, despite also being bumped. Two 1sts and a 2nd from its last 3 runs suggests consistency. Recent comments have been won comfortably, quickened and being soon clear in its last few races. A very good looking race on paper with Elise for Stoute and Free To Air for Balding looking dangerous. 2.40 Goodwood - Vol De Nuit An interesting race with what looks like a genuine group horse running in a listed race. It's 2nd by 3/4 length to Electrocutionist stands out in what was a Group 1 race, albeit on fast ground. Mountain High could be a future Group 1 winner but has something to prove on the ground and was only 10th in a Group 3 on Good to Soft. I'd rather oppose the odds on favourite and have a small bet on this at around 4-1. Pontefract Night Meeting 6.35 - My Obsession Early price is 16-1 and I think this seems massive. Ran a poor race in April and was 12th but that was on good to firm. Has won over 7f on Soft despite running green and stayed on that occasion. Drawn 15 but I don't think that will be too much of a hinderance over 1m. Not the strongest of races and certainly an ew bet at that price. 7.05 - Wolds Dancer A poor looking race full of poor looking horses. Plenty of winners have come from the races it has run in and it weakened last 2f over 1m4f with tonights 1m2f probably suiting it better. T Easterby is one of the top Ponty trainers and using a 5lb claimer might give the horse an even better chance of victory tonight in a race that won't take much winning. 7.35 - Always Fruitful Mark Johnstone does really well at the Yorkshire tracks and Darley knows Ponty like the back of his hand. The horse won last time out over 6f despite being bumped and running green. The favourite Hellvelyn ran over 5f and is probably the one to beat but at the odds I'd rather have small stakes on Always Fruitful. 8.05 - Midnight Traveller and Flying Clarets Midnight Traveller looks the one to beat for an in form Luca Cumani but is likely to start favourite at a short enough price. Handicap debut so hard to tell if it is badly treated. Might be worth a small win bet if price goes out. Flying Clarets has been running quite well lately, getting up to beat Formal Decree over 1m on good ground. If the jockey gets it settled it will be worth an ew bet and current early price is 10-1. 8.35 - Augustine and Rocket Force Augustine has plenty of decent recent form such as when 2nd on Heavy ground to Goodbye Mr Bond which can boost the form earlier in the day and when beating Saif Sareea over 1m 2f on good to soft ground. Was also 3rd in April at this course. Rocket Force is due to go up 2lbs after this race, ridden by a 3lb claimer and could be an ew alternative. It was 2nd last time out on good to soft ground over 1m 4 1/2 f and was running on which it will need to do up the hill at Pontefract. 9.05 - Our Putra I don't usually like backing unraced horses in maidens but M Jarvis has shown he can get his horses ready when Hero Worship was unraced and won earlier in the season at this track. It doesn't look the strongest maiden with Spinning the likely danger but the Jarvis/Robinson combination often proves profitable, especially here.Robinson only has 2 rides here tonight and will have a chance of a winner in the lucky last.

Re: Fridays bets including through the card at Ponty All 2nds and 3rds today 4me. Wish i'd took the hint on exit smiling. I liked the look of Qualitair Wings in the paddock but it didn't do anything. My big bet will be next wek on Riyalma in the oaks, really fancy that 1.

Re: Fridays bets including through the card at Ponty There were some rough looking brood mares there alright. Never mind a hood for a stalls entry they needed a hood for any kind of entry. There were some quality fillies at York which would be maybe Listed Class making the women at Ponty Banded Racing.:lol