** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Mlb 22/5

Bad night yestersday. Time to bounce back today i hope. Starting with: Tampa Bay Devil Rays @ Toronto Blue Jays Over 9.5 @ 2.15 (Pinnacle) 5 units TB: RHP Seth McClung (2-4, 5.44 ERA) TOR: RHP Casey Janssen (2-3, 3.06 ERA) This total opened 1.862 for over and 2.06 for under at Pinnacle. Now the odds have more than reversed. Public is giving a lot of credit for McClungs and Janssens recent great performances. Both pitchers are young and quite inexperienced. McClung has allowed plenty of hits in almost every game (average 5,9 hits / 9 innings) while doing a great job for limiting the damage lately with some luck also. Janssen is coming off a great performance against the Angels, 2nd time he shut the Halos down this season, but other teams have been able to hit him well and score some runs of him. Toronto is a very powerful batting team and on a good day could go over this total by themselves and Rays do have some pop in the bat also. Tampas bullpen is not that great either. Reaching 10 run total between these teams shouldn't be that hard unless both pitchers are pitching out of their mind again. Somehow, i think it's unlikely both of them will be their sharpest today and especially McClung might get shelled. Both teams just wrapped up their interleague series, Toronto getting swept by Colorado and Tampa sweeping Florida. Toronto should be glad to be back at home and i'm expecting some solid batting from them after Rockies held them to 7 combined runs in 3 games. My estimation for the over is clearly over 50% making this a nice value bet.

Re: Mlb 22/5 Im in absolute agrrement with you on this juuso, lately the blue jays are getting the hits but not being able to advance the runners.This has to change at some point and i fancy its tonight. Over 9.5 for me too. I also fancy the over 9.5 @ 2.01 in the yanks - red sox game. Wang has a mixture of great and then sometimes horrible outings and schilling is starting to get found out again in his last few outings.I would not be sure who to call the winner, but with the potential batting power on show I fancy quite a few runs. its a 1000pt double

Re: Mlb 22/5 A couple of more bets for the night. NY Yankees @ Boston Red Sox Red Sox -1.5 2.38 (Piinacle) 5 units NYY: RHP Chien-Ming Wang (4-1, 3.79 ERA) BOS: RHP Curt Schilling (6-2, 4.17 ERA) After losing their second biggest rivalry series by 2-1 games to Mets yesterday, Yankees now have to face their biggest rival Red Sox at Boston. This is the biggest rivalry in MLB and home teams traditionally have big advantage in these. Boston starter Curt Schilling is a great pitcher, and while he has had a couple of bad outings recently, home at Fenway he is 3-0 with a 2.14 ERA in three starts this season. he always seems to be in top of his game and pitch really well in important games like this. Schilling is 5-5 with a 4.96 ERA in 16 career regular season appearances against the Yankees. Yankees Chien Mieng Wang has been surprisingly good this season, but is pretty inconsistent pitcher and due to a bad outing sooner or later. Wang is 0-1 with a 4.41 ERA in three career games against the Red Sox. Yankees have a lot of injury troubles right now making Boston the better lineup. Boston also has better bullpen and starting pitcher going for them today. I'll have to try the rl for the home team here. one more coming really soon.

Re: Mlb 22/5 Hey guys, my first post on here. Looking good so far tonight, with both of you tipping up the winner in the first of the night. First bet for me tonight: NY Yankees to beat Boston I must admit, I'm not an expert, just like to back the yankees as they're my favourite team. Gone in for 5pts win, hopefully Jeter can carry on in good form and Wang has been firing nicely this season, so I'm optimistic. Also had 5pts on your winner earlier juuso so well done.

Re: Mlb 22/5 Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City Royals Royals 2.73 (Pinnacle) 4 units DET: RHP Justin Verlander (5-3, 3.18 ERA) KC: LHP Jeremy Affeldt (2-3, 5.46 ERA) Kansas sucks, no doubt about that but i'm still trying them in this spot. They've lost 9 in a row and pitching has been awful in that stretch, but they will win a game sooner or later again. They have still performed well at home against RHP. 8-6 home record against right handed starters averaging almost 6 runs a game. Taking serie wins from teams like White Sox and Indians at home this season. Also, Kansas Starter Affeldt is probably the most talented hand in their rotation and while he had a shaky start of the season and shaky 1.1 innings in his last start against the Indians allwowing 5 (4 earned) runs, but rebounded to throw the rest of the 4 next innings without score. Before last time out he had allowed only 3 combined runs in his previous 3 starts. Detroits Starter Justin Verlander has been good this season. He is quite inexperienced and has allowed a lot of hits and hasn't struck out batters much, but he has been doing a good job getting out of jams. Detroit leads the MLB with the best record, but i still feel they have been overperforming a little. They have had more games against the bottom feeders of their division, Minnesota and Kansas in the early season than White Sox or Indians. No doubt they are a team to keep an eye on this season. Pitching has been great and if they can keep it up they might just win their division. Detroit didn't look very hot offensively against the Reds in last game winning 1-0, so i'm hoping the same trend will continue today. Anyway, i see some value in the Royals price 2.73 today with Affeldt on the mound. At home against RHP is the only spot they've been able to be a winning team, so they might just be able to pull something out tonight.

Re: Mlb 22/5 DET @ KC Detroit have shocked so far and currently have the best record in the Majors. They are 9 - 1 in their last 10 games. Verlander hs had some good results of late ,lto throwing 8 scoreless innings against the Twins and scoring a victory over Santana. He's 4-0 with a 2.10 ERA in his last 5 starts. Kansas are pretty much the opposite currently carrying the Majors worst record. All 10 of their wins so far though have come against divisional opposition. Southpaw Affedlt is 2-3,5.46 for the season. His main problem has been walks. He gave up 6 LTO and 25 in 31 1/3 innings this season. Detroit are 9-2 when facing left handed starters. Affedlt will also be under pressure to eat up innings as Kansas have a total of 5 pitchers on the DL at the moment so the bullpen is on the thin side. DET(-1.5) to win 1.84 @ Pinnacle

Re: Mlb 22/5

blue jays over juuso :ok its currently 6-4
It looked too easy after 3 innings, but the scoring kind of slowed down after that. Glad we went over the total with a whopping half point. :cheers

Re: Mlb 22/5

LOL. Detroit to punish us both with another solo run win?!?!?!
LOL, once again were on the opposite sides of a Detroit game. Good luck what ever happens. We will see in a couple of hours :)

Re: Mlb 22/5 STL @ SF St Louis in some form at the moment. 8 - 2 in their last 10. 5 game winning streak. STL are 8 - 1 when Mulder starts on the mound, himself recording 5-1. LTO he threw 8 1/3 scoreless innings and it was the 1st he's thrown over 100 pitches this season, despite lasting 6 or more innings in 7 of his 9 starts. Wright has had an average season so far. Not great but not poor. Usually last 6-7 innings and only gives a couple of runs away during these. Although not showing it too much Sf are still without one of their stars Moises Alou. STL do have their star and right now Pujols can do no wrong. 42 games, 145 at bats. 46 runs(1st in MLB), 22 Homeruns(1st in MLB), 54 RBI(1st in MLB). .317 hitting avg, on base percentage of 0.451 anda slugging percentage of 0.814(1st in MLB by 0.138)!!! A lot of people in the game now consider OPS (On Base + Slugging Percentage) to be one of the key figures in the game. Pujols has a huge 1.265 OPS, once again 1st in the majors and by a clear 0.164!! This guy is going to break records and Id be suprised if a few single season ones dont go this year. STL (-1.5) to win 2.21 @ Pinnacle