** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Mlb 17/7

I'm posting all my bets tonight. I've Usually done only 2 or 3 writeups a day, but decided to do 'em all today. Some of them might be short because of that... LA Dodgers @ Colorado Rockies Rockies 2.01 (Pinnacle) 4 units LAD: RHP Brad Penny (3-1, 2.66) COL: RHP Jason Jennings (2-3, 5.05) I'll go with the home side here. Jason Jennings has been good in last 3 games and always pitches better home at Coors Field. He has a .614 winning percentage in Denver, including a 1-0 mark and 3.86 ERA this season as the Rockies have gone 4-0 in his home starts. Jennings is 5-4 with a 3.30 ERA lifetime against the Dodgers. Dodgers Brad Penny has been really good this season with a great ERA of 2.66. He is 5-2 with a 2.80 ERA in 10 starts against the Rockies. Penny left last game with back stiffness, but an MRI cleared him for this start. Dodgers second baseman Jeff Kent left Tuesday's game with back stiffness and center fielder Kenny Lofton exited with a tight left hamstring. Both are most probably out as playing a day game right after last nights game will be unlikely. This will be a tough pitchers duel most probably, but i like Rockies chances. They have the home advantage and Dodgers have a pair of regular starters out for this game. Washington Nationals @ Chicago Cubs Nationals 2.16 (Pinnacle) 4 units WAS: RHP Zach Day (2-3, 5.85 ERA) CHI: LHP Sean Marshall (2-1, 4.93 ERA) Cubs got the win yesterday, thanks to Carlos Zambrano and one shaky inning from Livan Hernandez. Today i like this pitcher matchup a lot. Zach Day had a rough start of the season, byt has been excellent in recent starts, allowing only 1 run in 14 innings of work. Last game he held potent Reds lineup to 1 run in 7 innings at Cincinnati and game before that kept Pirates scoreless in 7 frames of work. Cobs will send Sean Marshall to the mound. He is a rookie pitcher who has been ok. Last game he was roughed up for 9 hits and 9 runs, allowing 5 walks in 3.2 innings of work @ San Fransisco. Cubs batting form is still really poor, so i'll try the Nationals with this price. Nats have in-form pitcher on the mound and better batting line-up and should tag Marshall for several runs. Tomorrow Kerry Wood will make his return from the DL to pitch for the Cubs, his form is a mystery, but this is the one game Nats should be able to win at least. Odds are pretty good. Chicago White Sox @ Tampa Bay Devil Rays Devil Rays 2.36 CWS: RHP Jon Garland (2-2, 6.75 ERA) TB: RHP Seth McClung (2-4, 5.91 ERA) Really good price for Devil Rays. They got a nice win yesterday scoring 10 runs, altough their bullpen was roughed up in the 8th inning. White Sox starter Jon Garland has been really shaky this season. He still has 2-2 record thanks to a lot of run support and no decisions. Last game at Minnesota he allowed 7 runs on 11 hits in 5.1 innnings of work. Rays starter Seth Mclungs record looks bad at first glance, but he has been really good in last 4 starts. He has a 2.49 ERA in last 4, spanning 26.1 innings of work and has not allowed more than 2 runs in any of those games. Last game he held Torontos monster bats to 1 run on 6 hits in 7 innings of work. I'll go with the Tampa here. This game should be much more tighter than the odds are indicating. Tampa should have a good chance of winning this game if Seth McClung can keep up his excellent pitching form. Kansas City Royals @ Cleveland Indians Indians -1.5 2.0 (Mansion) 4 units KC: LHP Jeremy Affeldt (2-2, 5.33 ERA) CLE: RHP Jake Westbrook (3-2, 5.94 ERA) Time for Indians to win 2 games in a row first time in 2 weeks? They have quite a lot to avenge to Royals who holds the upper hand 5-2 in 7 games this season. Indians took the win yesterday after a hard fight and 2 last inning homers. Indians poor games recently have been quite a surprise and their pitching especially has been quite shaky. Rafael Betancourt is back in the bullpen, who has been really important mid-reliever for them for years and should bring in some consistency. Batting has also been below their standards in last 10 games, but they will certainly start hitting better soon. Kansas starter Jeremy Affeldt has been quite ok last few starts, but left after 1.2 innings in last game against Indians with bases loaded. Six of the seven batters he faced in the second inning reached base, and he was relieved after just 50 pitches. Affeldt is 2-1 with a 4.24 ERA and two saves in 18 appearances against the Indians. Indians starter Jake Westbrook has also been quite inconsistent this season, but he is good and should also start throwing some quality starts. He has always pitched well against Kansas, going 4-2 with an excellent 2.41 ERA in 16 appearances against the Royals. The Royals are 2-18 away from home this season, tying the worst 20-game road start in major league history and i don't think it will get much better tonight. Indians to win by more than 1 run is my call with even odds. San diego Padres @ Arizona Diamondbacks Diamondbacks -1.5 2.52 (Pinnacle) 4 units ARI: RHP Juan Cruz (1-1, 3.33 ERA) SD: RHP Mike Thompson (ML Debut) Going with the Diamondbacks here. Arizona is trying to defeat San Diego 8th straight time and 6th this season and complete another sweep of their NL West rivals. They took the lead in NL West with yesterdays 5-2 win against Padres ace Jake Peavy. With Woody Williams injured, Padres have called in a rookie pitcher from the Triple-A, Mike Thompson to start tonights game. He has been good in AAA Portland, going 5-0 with a 3.70 ERA, but it's always a totally different thing to pitch in majors and Arizona hits right handed pitchers very well also. Diamondbacks will counter with Juan Cruz, who has had a great season. His last game at Saint Louis wasn't good and he took the first loss of the season, but Cruz has been really consistent the whole season. Cruz has not allowed a run in four career relief appearances against San Diego. San Diego was on a great roll, but Arizona has cooled them off by defeating them 2 times in a row now and i expect to see a sweep here against a rookie pitcher. Arizona has been really good at home lately and have the better batting. I will try the -1.5 runline for a nice payout.

Re: Mlb 17/7 nice write ups juuso:clap my bet of the night is the dodgers -1.5 @ 2.4 Penny has dominated the Rockies in the past and whilst i can appreciate they are a different proposition this year, I just don't feel Jennings is going to hold the dodgers to few enough runs. Kent may or not play, obviously I would be more confident if he did, but I will still make this play either way. 500pts single, dodgers -1.5

Re: Mlb 17/7 A tired Jennings gives up 3 to bring up the 2 run lead we need :clap ...just 3 innings to hold out :hope Quality outing from Penny striking out over 1/4 of the batters he faced 7 from 26 ...these Rockies are fair having a big yahoo at the ball tonight, that's them up to 9 strike outs after the 7th... 2 innings play to hold the 2 run lead.

Re: Mlb 17/7 Bah Joe Beimel takes his run a game in relief innnings streak to 4 ...useless git:@ Need a Dodger run in the last now...or a tying Rockies followed by a big extra inning from LA....:cry clutching at straws now :lol Another quality at bat for Furcal..just one pitch out to add to his 2 strike outs..what's happened to him this season, I remember when he was good. 'Mon the Rockies I need the tying run option now. :lol Gotta be a 2 out homer now :lol Oo Sullivan on and Atkins next hit by pitch taking him to 2nd..maybe? Boooo Nope

Re: Mlb 17/7 Sorry mate. Baseball is not a safe sport in a sense anything can happen. A couple of these could have gone the other way, but tampas bullpen blew it and Juan Cruz of Arizona had really unbelievably poor start. He allowed 9 runs in first inning. Arizona tried to rally back and got to 10-11, but Padres were able to make few more. 10-14 final. eh, just one of those days...