A hand from from CL

viggosen

I had a little argument with Pene, about a hand I played in CL today, Final table we where about 8 players left blinds 1200/600 a lowstack in early position goes all-in with 3400, I`m BB sitting with 72o, I had about 14000 in chips then. Should I call? It will cost me 2200 to get a pot 7400, since the all-in player will be in the blinds very soon and the blinds will be more than half the stack, I assume he will go all in with lots of hands any pair, any Ax, any 2 cards T or better. If that assumption is right then its a slight - chipEV to call (but very little less than 100). Even though I know its a slight -chip EV move to make i decided to make it, simply because calling with 72o will be noticed around the table, and make the others less likely to try to steal the my blinds, and that will compensate the slight -EV in the move. Pene dislike the move, and said I shouldn`t risc so many chips with a crap hand. What do you think?

Re: A hand from from CL Yes, I disliked the move... I was sitout when it happened because my laptop broke down due to a coffee spill :wall :wall :wall IMO there is no reason to double him up at that point... he had 3400...plus a small blind ...thats 4000...plus your 3400...thats 7400 chips... When you were about to call...you had put in BB...and with a call you would be on about 11 K... which he now isn't far to reach...from a very smalled stack... He would no longer be a small stack if he won the pot which he is VERY likely to do when you hold 7 2 off... Good point about the other players getting afraid of stealing your blinds... but at a FT small stacked players will do it anyway... That is my opinion :D

Re: A hand from from CL The could well be the loosest image I will ever portray. I think you have a valid point. I play short-stacked a lot of the time and evaluate my best opportunity to make my move - with no hand hopefully I'll get no opposition and pick up the blinds. BUT I am likely to wait until I have an A or K or 2 cards above an 8 or 9 before I do, so that I have a decent chance of being ahead early on, and if any callers miss as well as I do, I can pick the pot up with a high card. So, if I go all in with, say AJs vs 72o, although I start as a favourite, you with 72off suit have 2 cards you could hit, compared to A 10 you only have 1 card you could hit. The downside of this move is that the chances are that you will double me up and therefore be back to square one. Being honest I would have folded in your position though. So although I can understand your point of view, I honestly agree with Pene. Did you win the hand?

Re: A hand from from CL

Pene dislike the move' date=' and said I shouldn`t risc so many chips with a crap hand. What do you think?[/quote'] Well for me it's for each individual to play their hands as they see fit - not for their opponents to tell them what they should have played - I remember Pene getting some stick from someone (Hobbo?) for playing 64o and IMO he was wrong to give her a hard time about it - and I would say Pene is wrong to give you a hard time about your hand here (sorry Pene!!) And besides we all know that 72o NEVER loses :P However, as you have asked for opinions...... I can see your logic of calling with 72o, however I'm not convinced that internet players at this level are observant enough to take that on board. I don't think I would have called, however, IF YOU COULD HAVE SEEN THE CARDS, then it would have been right to call. 72o v KQo (4 different suits) has a 32.5% chance - about 2-1. You were being offered 2200:7400 (3.25-1). The only hands where it would have been wrong to call are if he had a pocket Pair.

Re: A hand from from CL

Well for me it's for each individual to play their hands as they see fit - not for their opponents to tell them what they should have played - I remember Pene getting some stick from someone (Hobbo?) for playing 64o and IMO he was wrong to give her a hard time about it - and I would say Pene is wrong to give you a hard time about your hand here (sorry Pene!!)
Heeeeey, that is not fair... I never gave Viggosen a hard time about it... we just talked about the game tonight on msn AFTER it had finished and he told me about this call, thinking he might have played too loose towards the end... and I simply agreed that it was too loose, and that I never would have called it myself... I wasn't even at the table when it happened... my comp broke down... I would NEVER bitch about someone elses game during the game... COOOOME OOOON GAF.... you know me better than that :spank :spank

Re: A hand from from CL seems fine to me - can't see why you wouldn't as you know when you call you are behind (u are not hoping to see a PP 88+!) you made the choice to (potentially) double up a shortie and show people not to mess with your BB Damo

I had a little argument with Pene, about a hand I played in CL today, Final table we where about 8 players left blinds 1200/600 a lowstack in early position goes all-in with 3400, I`m BB sitting with 72o, I had about 14000 in chips then. Should I call? It will cost me 2200 to get a pot 7400, since the all-in player will be in the blinds very soon and the blinds will be more than half the stack, I assume he will go all in with lots of hands any pair, any Ax, any 2 cards T or better. If that assumption is right then its a slight - chipEV to call (but very little less than 100). Even though I know its a slight -chip EV move to make i decided to make it, simply because calling with 72o will be noticed around the table, and make the others less likely to try to steal the my blinds, and that will compensate the slight -EV in the move. Pene dislike the move, and said I shouldn`t risc so many chips with a crap hand. What do you think?