Advice please - how did i lose?

Forecast & Tricast SelectionsTime of bet: 16/05/2006 09:38:31
Event DateEventSelectionsDividendBet TypeResult
116/05/20067.40 Newton AbbotGranite Man (4) Red Echo (2) SPCombination Forecast
216/05/20068.10 Newton AbbotIntersky Falcon (5) Penzance (7) SPCombination Forecast
Multiples
Bet TypeNo of BetsUnit StakeStakeTo WinReturns
Forecast Doubles40.622.48
Total Stake: 2.48 Total Returns: 0.00

This was the bet i placed. In each race, one selection was NR but the other won or placed. I don't even get my stake back as the remaining horses i selected did what i was hoping - getting placed? Sory if i'm missing something basic, but i am a noob when it comes to horse racing and the different types of bets.

Any help appreciated.

Re: Advice please - how did i lose? Out of interest who did you place the bet with? Different bookies have different rules. At W.Hills, if you back a forecast and theres a non runner, it becomes a single. This means they would have changed your bet to a win double. At Ladbrokes, if you back a forecast and theres a non runner it becomes a void bet. One non runner would have turned your bet into a forecast single but as you had one in each you would have got your stake returned. Hope this helps for the future.

Re: Advice please - how did i lose? thanks for that - was getting a bit paranoid - been a bad day. I think i'll need to stick with bets i understand for a while - can't afford to throw away £2.48 all the time :ok thanks again guys George