** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

3:15 York - Wednesday

Really open race here with plenty of chances out there. Welsh Emperor was mightily impressive on his seasonal debut at Thirsk recently, when he beat Eisteddfod with ease. Despite the ground not being to Eisteddfod's liking on that day, I am really struggling to find a reason why he should overturn that result. So, Welsh Emperor is definitely a leading contender. Another one is Gift Horse, winner of last years Stewards Cup by a short head from FONTHILL ROAD. There are a few questions in my mind whether Gift Horse can overcome his long break in company of this class. Fonthill Road on the other hand, has had a run and ran pretty well over in that 5f trip. He is very much a 6f horse, as he was runner up in both the Ayr Gold Cup and Stewards Cup last year and is my tip to win this one.

Re: 3:15 York - Wednesday Somnus seems to always run well at was only beaten a length in this last year and has lost his 7lb group 1 penalty this year. He was only a head behind Welsh Emperor that day, you say Welsh Emperor is a leading contender where does that put Somnus? Any more easing in the ground would be an extra bonus if Somnus runs his best tomorrow he wins imo. I have a couple of more which I will post tomorrow, I had a bad day today but I am supremely confident about tomorrow.

Re: 3:15 York - Wednesday I actually like Beckermet in this race. Always seems to be there or there abouts in this distance.Although well beaten by Dandy man, last time out. On the side of the draw that should suite. With the massive 25/1 price i think i will be having a small e/w bet. :hope

Re: 3:15 York - Wednesday I've had a little dabble on Welsh Emperor followings it's success at Thirsk 3 and a half weeks ago, had Paul Coles Eisteddfod back in 3rd that day and I expect Eisteddfod to come on for that run but not to win this time but it'll be winning soon.