PKR Beta testing

Ovalman

Re: PKR Beta testing Tried it out for the first time tonight, I thought it was dreadful for a serious player but fantastic for gaining interest and getting more people involved in poker. I've got to say that the 3d sites are awsome for graphics, make the site more interesting and will obviously attract a different type of user. However, the options on hand for making it real are pretty amazing, this has got to be an aquarium and deserves support - playing with pretend money has no interest for me but I will spend time with this because when it's live it'll be a net, not a rod- gotta be worth a little bit of your time.

Re: PKR Beta testing

Sorry rednutt - looks like the email isn't being sent out until Monday (beyond my control). I've added Tax_Monkey and JadedJ to that list too.
:sad :spank :sad I can't bare the suspense any longer Cant someone send me their email???? :tongue2

Sorry rednutt - looks like the email isn't being sent out until Monday (beyond my control). I've added Tax_Monkey and JadedJ to that list too.
:\I got mine this morning. May be I had registered for the right thing after all :$ Had a quick go first thing this morning and everything seemed fine. Will give it a proper try tonight.

:\I got mine this morning. May be I had registered for the right thing after all :$ Had a quick go first thing this morning and everything seemed fine. Will give it a proper try tonight.
Rub it in :spank :sad

Re: PKR Beta testing Have to be honest, I'm not convinced by this at all (though it IS something different, so recommend you all give it a try anyway and form your own opinions). Internet poker has evolved poker. It is now a different poker world to what it would have been pre internet, and I think a lot of the advantages of what (internet) poker has become are overwhelming. This kind of software seems to try to "recreate" live poker, but for me all it seems to do is remove the advantages of internet poker, without actually recreating the live poker experience. I don't want to see "pretty pictures" on screen. I don't want to see "animations" or "deliberate tells" sent by other players. I want clarity of information and speed - in fact I could be happy with doing away with graphics altogether!! (My favourite poker interface is the "Mini View" on Prima/Ladbrokes - it has complete clarity of the essential information without any clutter). I really don't see this taking off with established poker players - it's too "clunky" and slow (I appreciate this is Beta and they're working on it, however I can't ever see it being as smooth and fast as the other poker rooms) - what I do agree with however, as someone mentioned earlier, this has the real potential to take off with non poker players - i.e. attracting the fish - ESPECIALLY if they go on to release it on the X Box and Playstation (and give the software away free!!). Not the first to attempt this - very similar to Stacks poker isn't it (though admittedly I didn't like that either and didn't try that much). The only way I can see a real advance in internet poker (in recreating the "live" experience) is in having rooms which require web cams to be switched on and the rooms have this instead of the "cartoon" animations.

Not the first to attempt this - very similar to Stacks poker isn't it (though admittedly I didn't like that either and didn't try that much).
Don''t know which one stacks is but I tried the Vegas007 and I think in terms of a graphic interface this was a hell of a lot smoother - but I 100% agree with not having the distraction of excess animation or sound. I found this like watching TV in the pub, if the sound is on you're drawn to it, if the sound is off you think you're missing something- certainly not good for multi-tabling.

Re: PKR Beta testing Well tried playing for about an hour or so and have to say I agree thats it's not going to attract the more serious players. I found it far to distracting to play normally (what with chicken and stevie wonders impressions left right and centre) and ended just messing about with my chips. I didn't notice any great glitchyness (is that a word??) and the graphics looked great but the play was very slow, again partly because of people messing about, but I'm sceptical it will ever reach the intended 60 hands per hour target. Like a few others I think it will be a great site to attract newbies and so may be a good site to visit every now and then for a bit of light relief but I could never stay very long because it just gets irritating and hard to concentrate.

Re: PKR Beta testing Have just received the email offering me beta testing. They warn it will take 15 to 20 minutes on a 2mb broadband connection, I only have a 1mb connection. Can anyone advise if it is worth 40 minutes spent downloading? :unsure

Have just received the email offering me beta testing. They warn it will take 15 to 20 minutes on a 2mb broadband connection, I only have a 1mb connection. Can anyone advise if it is worth 40 minutes spent downloading? :unsure
Just got the same email ..................... i'll try and give it a whirl later on tonight

Have just received the email offering me beta testing. They warn it will take 15 to 20 minutes on a 2mb broadband connection, I only have a 1mb connection. Can anyone advise if it is worth 40 minutes spent downloading? :unsure
I'm on 1mb m8, I did the downloading in the morning and it took 28mins. It's worth a look but just for interest value at the mo (IMO), you can't really play properly because a) It's just play money and b) Everyones too busy messing about doing chicken impressions and chips tricks.

Re: PKR Beta testing Just had a crack at this for the first time too and I'm not sure I'm that keen on it. Might be a different matter once it gets down to proper business but there's too many options for my liking. Game play seems slow too but that may be down to my laptop... I'll try it on the PC and see if it gets any better.

Re: PKR Beta testing I'm on a 4MB connection and didnt take long at all however once it finished installing it took forever to launch and in the end didnt launch i got a msg Fatal error cant create D3D device....anyone had this problem or knows what it it?