British Masters Golf

The British Masters at The Belfry should provide us with plenty of entertainment this weekend. I’ll be backing two players - David Howell and Paul Casey. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

If I were pricing up the tournament, I would make David Howell favourite. Although officially ranked 17th in the world, other analysts rank him higher (see http://www.progolfform.com/Ratings.htm ). He has been in good form in highly competitive tournaments on the US PGA Tour, with his last performance being a 19th place finish in the US Masters. He has had a good rest since and should be fresh for his return to Europe. Take the 20/1 where you can get it.

Paul Casey is also in excellent form. Casey went through a bad patch in 2005, however his form has now recovered. He has been thoroughly consistent so far in 2006 and he will enjoy the competitive nature of the British Masters. 25/1 would represent decent value.

Others to watch out for are:

Darren Clarke – Clearly capable of winning, although he needs to be in the right frame of mind.

Ian Poulter – Has been showing decent form of late on the US PGA Tour and is sure to relish the return to British soil.

Padraig Harrington – Padraig will enjoy playing round The Belfry and has been in good form in the US.

Re: British Masters Golf Been lucky enough to get a Media Pass on Pro-Am day, always wanted to take photo's at a Golf tournament. Not looked at the markets yet but it looks like the best field assembled in Europe so far by a mile! BH

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.