ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May

SportTennis
EventATP Rome
SelectionALMAGRO v Davydenko
Strength6/10
Date11/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price betfair @ 1.77
Reasoning Almagro is on an incredible run at the moment. He's won 9 of his last 10 matches on clay, the lone defeat being against Nadal. In those 9 wins he's played quality clay-courters such as Ferrero, Massu, Coria and Acasuso dropping just one set in the process, against the latter in the 2nd round here. I can't ignore someone on a run like this.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the first time I've ever got a winner through retirement. 4 consecutive losses up until this. Finally the law of averages starts to work in my favour.
I missed the beginning of the game and the betting so i bet on the first set on almagro and now i see it was enogh:D

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May That was unreal from Nadal, Henman played really really well in that second set but Nadal takes it 6-2:nana. That's 3 from 3 for me today, 29.5pts profit for the day and now +54.4pts for the week:ok. Tomorrow looks pretty good, also looking into some of the ladies:loon.

That was unreal from Nadal, Henman played really really well in that second set but Nadal takes it 6-2:nana. That's 3 from 3 for me today, 29.5pts profit for the day and now +54.4pts for the week:ok. Tomorrow looks pretty good, also looking into some of the ladies:loon.
yes hanman really did a great game,but nobady can't stop this guy right now.Hes just to hot on the court.:@ :lol what do you think you gonna play for tomorrow because there are not really good games to bet for from rome.

yes hanman really did a great game,but nobady can't stop this guy right now.Hes just to hot on the court.:@ :lol what do you think you gonna play for tomorrow because there are not really good games to bet for from rome.
It's really tough to say without any real prices around:unsure. I like all the favourites to be honest, will see if there are any decent 2-0 prices. Stan James have Nalbandian 2-0 @ 1.66 which looks appealing against Ancic, but I think there'll be better around. Roddick could be a good price against Monfils, still don't think Monfils is playing too well. In the womens I'm looking at Li at a decent price against Schnyder, also possibly something in the Hingis/Mauresmo. Again, can't really say without any decent prices:sad

It's really tough to say without any real prices around:unsure. I like all the favourites to be honest, will see if there are any decent 2-0 prices. Stan James have Nalbandian 2-0 @ 1.66 which looks appealing against Ancic, but I think there'll be better around. Roddick could be a good price against Monfils, still don't think Monfils is playing too well. In the womens I'm looking at Li at a decent price against Schnyder, also possibly something in the Hingis/Mauresmo. Again, can't really say without any decent prices:sad
what do you think about henin-hardenne-kusnetsowa?? justin gotta have this game but i wanna know what you think.

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May Well, I'm climbing back 3-4 with Martin going down. He actually showed some promise. Being 1-4 in the first set and comoing back to a tb only to lose on his serve. Also was up a game in the second set before serving shocking to lose the final two service games. Back to 74.9 from 30ish two days ago. Can't complain about that. Damn you Ivan! I have a gut feeling that a dog will win tonight. Nalby has shown small implosions that he has managed to get himself out of, so has Ancic. 5 could be too large again for me not to take. Almagro is probably the second most 'in form' clay courter next to nadal. Could give Fed dramas. I think Roddick can take Monfils, but I wouldn't take that lightly. He has more talent all around, but Monfils can be a damn good clay courter. I like Gonzo, but he won't touch Nadal. Will decide later if I wanna take a dog or not.

what do you think about henin-hardenne-kusnetsowa?? justin gotta have this game but i wanna know what you think
Yeah it should be alright. Henin's won this tournament the past 3 years hasn't she? 9-1 H2H also very good. She was struggling in April in America with a couple of poor losses and that's my only concern; she isn't 100% fit and hasn't been all year. But she has looked very good this week. I've been impressed with Kuznetsova when I've seen her recently, but she did fade against Clijsters last week. To be honest, I don't like the price of 1.4 on Henin, but I'd understand if you take it:ok.

SportTennis
EventWTA Berlin
SelectionLI v Schnyder
Strength10/10
Date12/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 3.75 (Back)
ReasoningI think this is a very decent price on Li, who has a realistic chance of winning this. She looks to be in great form at the moment, reaching the final of Estoril and having the beating of Zheng before suffering from cramp due to heat exhaustion. She beat Dulko and defending champion Loit last week and looked to be reason well. In her first match here she was really struggling against Ivanovic but got a reprieve when Ana got injured. Since then she's won 6-1 6-2 and 6-0 6-1 so looks to be back in the groove. Now she has to face Schnyder who has a 2-0 lead over her but both were last year on hard courts and both were close matches. Schnyder is never on to back at short odds, as she is very fragile mentally and always likely to implode :-). Last week she lost to Ivanovic very easily. This weeks she's beaten Ani and Smashnova who are no indicators of form really, and I think she's vunerable in this one.

SportTennis
EventATP Rome
SelectionNALBANDIAN 2-0 v Ancic
Strength10/10
Date12/05/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 1.66 (Back)
ReasoningI was impressed with what I saw from Nalbandian today, seeing off Martin who is very dangerous. In his past 2 matches he's played well and I expect a strong performance here against Ancic. Ancic has been unbelievably lucky in his last two matches against Serra and Hidalgo; especially the later coming back from 5-1 down in the 3rd. He was also struggling with a back injury - it could be a reoccurance of the herniated disc he suffered just before the last Davis Cup game. Because of the tough matches and the back injury I think he'll really struggle here against Nalbandian. He's a great returner which is what you need to get to Ancic and his game from the back he should take care of this one comfortably. H2H is 3-0 to Nalbandian all in straight sets, one on clay at the French and one this year in Miami.

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May 1.5 for Roddick is too short I feel. I haven't been that impressed with him overall. He's playing so far behind the baseline it beggars belief. A decent clay courter could really give him the runaround. I'm not sure if Monfils is that person though. I'll probably leave it alone. I think I'll have small stakes on Almagro. Available at 8.4 atm. Maybe go for 2-1 Federer as well. Nalbandian and Nadal should be certs.

1.5 for Roddick is too short I feel. I haven't been that impressed with him overall. He's playing so far behind the baseline it beggars belief. A decent clay courter could really give him the runaround. I'm not sure if Monfils is that person though. I'll probably leave it alone.
I know it's doing my bloody head in:wall. But I just don't feel Monfils it playing well enough to take advantage. Monfils also plays very far back and the way he's hitting I can see him leaving quite a lot of short balls pushing Roddick forward - that's the plan anyway:hope. Almost all of Baghdatis' success against Roddick was playing drop shots, but I don't feel that part of him game is too good, and could in fact get him in trouble.

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May yeah, you could be right. I think it will be close though and I'm pretty sure there'll be better value on Roddick at some stage in-running. Nadal in straight sets at 1.32 is tempting.

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May Hi guys, We continue with the following picks: WTA TOUR, BERLIN PETROVA TO D SAFINA @ 1.45 on betfair MAURESMO TO D HINGIS @ 1.6 on betfair WTA TOUR, PRAGUE RUBARIKOVA TO D PENG @ 3.21 on betandwin ATP TOUR, ROME, NALBANDIAN TO D ANCIC @ 1.25 on stanjames In a match-up between two similar players, Petrova is still a level above. She is a top 5 player in 2006, her record is 19-2 (!) since February, losing only to Mauresmo and Henin. Despite her consistent overall form, Hingis yet to win a tournament since her comeback, and importantly has not won a matches against really top opposition - she lost to Clijsters, Henin, Sharapova, Kouznetsova, Williams and her today's opponent. Mauresmo destroyed Hingis 6:2 6:2 in Doha two months ago. The young Slovak player Rubarikova is a big surprise in Prague, similarly to Radwanska last week in Warsaw. Rubarikova defeated Safarova and Sequera already and is worth a risk against an out-of-form Chinese player Peng, who has never shown any good clay court form. The odds are really low for Nalbandian, but his recent form with win last week in Estoril, and even more importantly, a great record against big servers like Ancic, Ljubicic and even Federer, make him an overwhelming favourite. The H2H just shows that 3-0 to Nalbandian in matches and 7-0 in sets. www.WinningTipster.com

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May Nalbandian comes through 6-3 6-3 despite a little scare in the 2nd set:D. Bad first set from Li, loads of errors, lost it 6-2 - need a bit of a comeback from here:hope. I'm still going to be on Roddick tonight, but the result of the Li game will probably determine how I play it;).

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May This could all go wrong today:lol :lol

SportTennis
EventATP Rome
SelectionNadal v Gonzalez: 1ST SET 0-8 GAMES
Strength10/10
Date12/05/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 2.62 (Back)
ReasoningI like this bet from Stan James, and I fancy another go on Nadal after the success of it against Henman. Going for it in both sets this time. I was so impressed with Nadal yesterday against Henman, because Henman was playing really well. Now up against Gonzalez, who is also playing well and has had good results in Monte Carlo and so far here in Rome. However, I think Nadal can do a real number on him today. Basically Gonzalez needs to hit a lot of forehands and he'll go anywhere on the court to hit them. However, Nadal's lefty serve and swinging forehand both naturally go to his backhand and curve away which will make this really tough. We've seen Nadal get absolutely anything back and making Gonzalez hit so many shots he will undoubtedly make a lot of errors. H2H is 2-0 to Gonzalez but they were before Nadal became "special" so I'm willing to discount them. Also, every set Nadal has played this week has been 0-8 games. With the odds available, we only need to hit one of these to make a decent profit, so I'm willing to give it a shot.
SportTennis
EventATP Rome
SelectionNadal v Gonzalez: 2ND SET 0-8 GAMES
Strength10/10
Date12/05/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 2.62 (Back)
ReasoningI like this bet from Stan James, and I fancy another go on Nadal after the success of it against Henman. Going for it in both sets this time. I was so impressed with Nadal yesterday against Henman, because Henman was playing really well. Now up against Gonzalez, who is also playing well and has had good results in Monte Carlo and so far here in Rome. However, I think Nadal can do a real number on him today. Basically Gonzalez needs to hit a lot of forehands and he'll go anywhere on the court to hit them. However, Nadal's lefty serve and swinging forehand both naturally go to his backhand and curve away which will make this really tough. We've seen Nadal get absolutely anything back and making Gonzalez hit so many shots he will undoubtedly make a lot of errors. H2H is 2-0 to Gonzalez but they were before Nadal became "special" so I'm willing to discount them. Also, every set Nadal has played this week has been 0-8 games. With the odds available, we only need to hit one of these to make a decent profit, so I'm willing to give it a shot.

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May Really can't believe she managed to win that - kept coming back from so far behind, that was awesome:loon :loon :loon. Li wins 2-6 7-6 7-6 and with Nalbandian coming through earlier that's +34.1pts for the day do far. Let's hope Nadal can help get it a little higher:ok

Really can't believe she managed to win that - kept coming back from so far behind' date=' that was awesome:loon :loon :loon. Li wins 2-6 7-6 7-6 and with Nalbandian coming through earlier that's +34.1pts for the day do far. Let's hope Nadal can help get it a little higher:ok[/quote'] Thats really unbelieveble, can't believe what my eyes saw right now:rollin :rollin :notworthy ...but schnyder was really only defensive and did nothing to win the game she only hoped that li makes the faults.Li really played awsome,she was agressive and thats why she deserve to win.:clap today was another big day for me so now i just need roddick and my day is perfect.:nana