Todays Picks

SportHorse Racing
Event3.30 Newmarket
SelectionNannina (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date07/05/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 9.00 (Back)
ReasoningWill surely grab at least a place. Tough as old boots, proven at 1m and in Group 1 company. Also has course form. Will be suited by any rain. Ticks all the boxes for me. Trainer in decent form also.
SportHorse Racing
Event2.50 Newmarket
SelectionShirocco
Strength10/10
Date07/05/2006
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 2.87 (Back)
ReasoningA Fabre brings this one over from France to contest this Group 2. Horse in proven in Group 1's and will love the going, now on the soft side of good. The rain-softened ground will benefit this horse far more than its main rivals.
Sport Horse Racing
Event4.25 Hamilton
SelectionDream Champion
Strength10/10
Date07/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 2.00 (Back)
ReasoningShort price fav but the most fancied of Channons 2 runners making the 300+ mile trip to Hamilton. 2nd last 3 runs but first 2 pulled 7L clear of the field last time. Will also appreciate the extra furlong.
Sport Horse Racing
Event2.15 Newmarket
SelectionMusicanna
Strength10/10
Date07/05/2006
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 2.75 (Back)
ReasoningHad this race narrowed down to this and Echelon but with Echelon now a NR, makes this race a 1 horse rsce to me. Needs cut and has now got it. Has 3 times from 4 runs on G/S or worse and the other run was a creditable 4th in a Group 1. Today running in a Group 3 with in form Fanshawe / Spencer combination.

Re: Todays Picks Good luck Russ. totally agree with Sirocco, should be even money. Only small doubt about the fitness but I'm happy to play it as a single (without covering Munsef as I was going to originally).

Re: Todays Picks

SportHorse Racing
Event5.15 Newmarket
SelectionWunderwood (Each-Way)
Strength3/10
Date07/05/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 13.00 (Back)
ReasoningHard to know what sort of race this inconsistent type will run but does have the ability to go close if in the mood. Usually takes 1 run to come to hand and has produced its best form in previous seasons early in the season. Top jock RL Moore takes the ride.