Burning In Hell - TheHeretics selections...

Good morning all This is my first posting on this forum, as I am certain the more astute amongst you will all already have realised by looking at the little number '1' beside my name... Not wanting to make myself look like a complete twat in front of my new peers, I am going to do my best to show a profit from the selections that I post, but please give me a chance. I do show a profit long-term from my selections (at least to-date) but having sold my soul only to long, hard research, and not actually to the devil himself, I am not promising instant millions from my selections, just hopefully a slow, steady profit icon_smile_cool.gif. Oh, just by the way, I do not recommend that any of you actually back any of these selections, I will be backing every single one, no matter how short the price (and some will be VERY short!) but please, dont think for a second that I am trying to entice thee to follow me on my perilous oddysee into the deep, dark and dank depths of the bookmakers satchels! I am using a 20 point bank, betting one point level stakes, skimming any profit immediately for the purposes of this, and that is what my profit/loss figures will be worked out to. Here goes.... I have a small problem with some of these selections, they tie on my heretical ratings, so I am going for whichever ends up Fav at the off. I am only interested in favs anyway, and besides that, dutching doesn't usually work out well in the long run, at least within this price range. I had a clean sweep last bank holiday monday, hopefully this won't be the opposite, although I do wholeheartedly believe that Murphys, is the only truly infallible universal law! Espartano 2.00 Windsor :rollin Isobel Rose 2.20 Warwick:sad Danawi / Optimus 2.30 Windsor (whichever ends up fav) :sad Upper Hand / Arminus 4.10 Windsor (whichever ends up fav):rollin Magic Peak 4.30 Warwick:sad The bookies satchel seems to be heavier by 1.42 of my beloved points today, hope he's enjoying it, he won't have it long! Balance (20pt bank) 18.58 = -1.42pts Strike Rate 40 % Cheers... TheHereticicon_smile_evil.gif

Re: Burning In Hell - TheHeretics selections... :welcome to PL Heretic:clap nice 1st post mate. So these picks are they a system pick or ??? If you really want people to follow your thread with interest you might think about a reasoning behind your picks. I know you've said its FAV picks but what made you pick those favs? good luck with this.

Re: Burning In Hell - TheHeretics selections... :welcome The Heretic, although a Heretic is a person at odds with what is generally accepted, which is contradictory to your selections in them being the favourite and what most people will back! :loon Anyhows enjoy your time on PL and as Carl stated it would be better in future if you could back your picks up with a solid analysis as we could all back favourites until the cows come home and end up paying for the bookies caribbean hols! Regards,

Re: Burning In Hell - TheHeretics selections... Thanks for the warm welcome guys, and the pointers, I'll try to include reasons for the selections, but as they are system based, most of those reasons have already been accounted for and don't really enter my head on a day-to-day basis. I seem to have been burned at the stake today though :puke To be honest I was sort of expecting it really, first post and all, it has to go pear-shaped. My arch nemesis, that bastard Murphy and also the racing gods have a predictable sense of humour if nothing else. Ok, I suppose after falling flat on my arse on my first day, that I should tell you a little about how these selections are generated. Mainly they are the picks of a fairly in-depth ratings system the profit cortex in my brains racing lobe, almost spontaneously coughed up and spat out one day. The subsequent six months have been spent researching and refining it. It has proved to be pleasantly profitable over the last six months, off the top of my head (not at my own PC right now, writing this on my boss's time, I never claimed to be a "pro") there have been plenty of winning runs of up to eight on the bounce, and only one single losing run of four. The system is only capable of selecting favourites though, and some will be at frighteningly short prices, they are only left in because they have been (so far) proven profitable over time. I should have said last night, but this system is still really under test, and as such, subject to the odd tweaking. It seemed like a good idea after a few too many beers and bourbons in the pub last night, to post on a couple of forums. Now fully sobered up, I'm not so sure it was actually such a great idea, but I've placed my bet, it stands and I am certainly not trying to back out now.... Jonesy, the name "TheHeretic" was chosen simply because that is what I called my system, the general consensus seems to be that you can't make money long-term by backing short priced favourites. I firmly believe not only that you can, but that if you are selective, bet properly in win singles only, and employ an adequate bank, that it is actually by far the best way to attack a bookie. A "dyed in the wool" favourite backer I certainly am, but I like to think I am not bookie fodder. For one, I rarely walk into the bookies half-pissed with a copy of the Sun under my arm, folded open to the racing page with the "bankers" for my daily yankee circled in the green biro that was left on the bar! icon_smile_big.gif I will have my losing runs, I am under no illusions that my single losing run of four will last, but I am betting my arse on here, and my cash in the bookies, that I will show a profit by the end of every month. All the best TheHereticicon_smile_evil.gif

Re: Burning In Hell - TheHeretics selections... Hi, Having to put a hold on this thread, just had my Son arrive two months premature, will re-start the posts in a couple of weeks or so when he is home from the hospital. Sorry TheHeretic