Rugby League: Super League - Round 12

After a disappointing Round 11, with Saints failing to cover the -10pts, I am looking to bounce back in Round 12.... Here are betdirect's handicaps.... St Helens vs Wakefield Wildcats (+20pts) Bradford Bulls vs Les Catalans Dragons (+22pts) Harlequins RL vs Huddersfield Giants (+8pts) Hull FC vs Wigan Warriors (+10pts) Castleford Tigers vs Salford City Reds (-12pts) Warrington vs Leeds (TBC) All thoughts welcome :loon

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 12 :eek Bradford -22 against Catalans!:eek That handicap wont last long. Im coming out of retirement for that one. Definately the pick of this round. And also... 2005 St Helens 64-16 Wakefield(Solomona, Jefferies et al) St Helens 60-4 Wakefield Despite some good form of late Wakey have been pretty poor defensively. There up against the awsome Saints this time round. I fancy a hammering and only the suprise inclusion of Scott Moore could stop Saints covering this handicap of -22.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 12

Agree with what you say henry.... If you could only pick one, which one would be it? Bradford -22pts St Helens -22pts
Probably Bradford. Catalans very porous defence. You always fancy their opponents to rattle some points up. Bulls already have chalked up a 50-18 against Catalans in France but that was prior to the appointment of their new coach. Theyve shown improvement since then but their recent showing at Quinns (36-14 defeat) indicated to me they are still to have travails on the road. Quinns 1st win at home in 4 attempts. Bulls will be smarting from their defeat at bogey team Wolves. Deacon misses out in this one but Pryce maybe back which would be good as the Catalans struggled out wide against Hull in France. Yeaman and Blacklock hepling themselves to 5 tries. Both Bradford and Saints are really strong calls. Might be worth a double for the trully brave but Id marginally go for Bradford as a stand alone punt. Be warned about games with Wakey involved they usually carry a health warning but Saints should be comfortable.:ok

Agree with what you say henry.... If you could only pick one, which one would be it? Bradford -22pts St Helens -22pts
If I had the same choice, I'd be all over Saints. I want confirmation that Bradford can cope without Noble before I side with them. The weather's getting better now and Saints flair and skill will go up remarkably now and as last season's results showed that's not good for Wakey.

I want confirmation that Bradford can cope without Noble before I side with them.
You should have that tomorrow night. It'll be interesting to see how the Catalans cope with the Volcano. It'll be the first time theyve had to face him. They'll have to get that cover defence working alot better than it was against Hull. I think he'll have a field day to be honest. He must be 1.00 anytime try scorer. I think thats still a bargain.:D

:eek Bradford -22 against Catalans!:eek That handicap wont last long. Im coming out of retirement for that one. Definately the pick of this round. And also... 2005 St Helens 64-16 Wakefield(Solomona, Jefferies et al) St Helens 60-4 Wakefield Despite some good form of late Wakey have been pretty poor defensively. There up against the awsome Saints this time round. I fancy a hammering and only the suprise inclusion of Scott Moore could stop Saints covering this handicap of -22.
To be honest I think you can discount last years scores, they're not representative of the quality of the squad and there was obvious disquiet in the camp and fitness issues which led to seriously underpar performances. We've been a bit of a bogey side for saints this past few years (last season aside) and I think we'll run them close again this weekend. Yes we have a slightly leaky defence but we're scoring the points aswell, we've only been truly hammered once this season (away at Salford) and Salford were on absolutely tip-top form that game. I think we've lost 5 games by 6 points or less. After trying so hard to break the habit I'm going to relapse and start betting on wakey games again. 5pts Wakefield +22 for me;)

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 12 On the last occasion Leeds visited Warrington last season. The Wolves ran out 33-16 winners. Andrew Johns was pivotal that day and instrumental in alot of the tries but perhaps a more telling result was the fixture played 5 weeks prior to this one. Leeds won this one 22-46. Warrington had come into that game at full strength with Briers and all,(Johns was but a glint in the Wolves chairmans eye at that stage)also defending an unbeaten home record. Leeds were pretty awsome that day. I recall seeing it on sky. It looks like the bookies suspect a Warrington performance in this one but I'd be inclined to go with Leeds. So come on Bet Direct give us -2.:hope

To be honest I think you can discount last years scores, they're not representative of the quality of the squad and there was obvious disquiet in the camp and fitness issues which led to seriously underpar performances. We've been a bit of a bogey side for saints this past few years (last season aside) and I think we'll run them close again this weekend. Yes we have a slightly leaky defence but we're scoring the points aswell, we've only been truly hammered once this season (away at Salford) and Salford were on absolutely tip-top form that game. I think we've lost 5 games by 6 points or less. After trying so hard to break the habit I'm going to relapse and start betting on wakey games again. 5pts Wakefield +22 for me;)
Good luck Paul:hope I find it hard myself to discount those scores last season. Plus they also scored 38 points at Wakey. Theres a dominance there that I find to hard to ignore. Saints defence has been pretty uncharitable this season. Wakey should find the going slightly tougher than up against the defences of Quinns and Cas. Theres should be lots of Saints points. You can almost take that as a given if the weathers good, I suppose its a question of what Wakey can muster up. I dont think it'll be enough. I'll be on Saints -22.

I didnt see that coming :eek
I heard about it at work this afternoon but couldn't find out for sure because I was on something else. Glad it's true though but he's not getting any younger. Just hope he still has it in him because Super League's a lot quicker these days.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 12 Can't really bring myself to back Bradford after last week's showing, I realise they will have been given a rollicking and should be up for it, but i'm not convinced. Catalan have been scoring well home and away, with away exception of Salford (who are a steal -12 at Cas) but on the other hand concede a lot. Tempted to take +24 but not 100% on it so will leave it.:unsure Taking Vainikolo to score anytime @ 4/7 and a small punt on Rudder anytime @ 7/4 as he get's into scoring positions quite often and could well go over.

Can't really bring myself to back Bradford after last week's showing, I realise they will have been given a rollicking and should be up for it, but i'm not convinced. Catalan have been scoring well home and away, with away exception of Salford (who are a steal -12 at Cas) but on the other hand concede a lot. Tempted to take +24 but not 100% on it so will leave it.:unsure Taking Vainikolo to score anytime @ 4/7 and a small punt on Rudder anytime @ 7/4 as he get's into scoring positions quite often and could well go over.
Where's the 4/7 on the Volcano mate? You can have 3/1 on Rudder at Bet365. I'm not really sure about the game to be honest, I'm going to go with a couple of anytime scorers as well. Paul Johnson at 7/4 with Sporting Odds and Justin Murphy who has scored quite a few tries this season for Les Cats at 13/8 with Bet365. I'm also on Saints -22.

4/7 @ Skybet' date=' only took 7/4 because my money's all at Skybet :ok[/quote'] Nice one mate. I'll have some of that. I've just noticed that Johnson is 100/30 anytime at Skybet so I'll back him there instead of Sporting Odds :ok

Good call re. Murphy (above) - noticed his try scoring prowess for myself. BUY of try minutes at 17. Couple of 2nd half tries will do nicely for me!!
Looked at Murphy but 4/5 at Skybet :eek