Gizdalord from the evil Hungary

Gizdalord

Re: Gizdalord from the evil Hungary I agree, Guesswest, give the guy a chance! It was wrong for him to contact Pene on MSN after she'd indicated it wasn't welcome, but I don't think there was any malice in it. I hope you stick around, Giz, and become our "Hungarian Correspondent".

Re: Gizdalord from the evil Hungary I've a question for you to answer, well 3 actually!? A supermarket sells 2kg bags of new potatoes, in which the potatoes have been selected to be all roughlythe same size. The potatoes used to fill the bags may be assumed to be randomly chosen items from a population in which the mass, in grams, of an individual potato is normally distributed with mean 90 and standard deviation 4. (happy where we are?) (Good, right here we go) 1. Show that the probability that the total mass of 21 of these potatoes exceeds 2kg is very small 2. Find the probability that the total mass of 22 of these potatoes exceeds 2kg 3. The machine filling the bags delivers potatoes one by one until a total mass of at least 2kg is reached. Show that the bags are almost certain to contain either 22 or 23 potatoes. I'm happy with my answers to 1 & 2 but am struggling a little bit to get my head around number 3. Any advice from you would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance Dave

Re: Gizdalord from the evil Hungary

I've a question for you to answer, well 3 actually!? A supermarket sells 2kg bags of new potatoes, in which the potatoes have been selected to be all roughlythe same size. The potatoes used to fill the bags may be assumed to be randomly chosen items from a population in which the mass, in grams, of an individual potato is normally distributed with mean 90 and standard deviation 4. (happy where we are?) (Good, right here we go) 1. Show that the probability that the total mass of 21 of these potatoes exceeds 2kg is very small 2. Find the probability that the total mass of 22 of these potatoes exceeds 2kg 3. The machine filling the bags delivers potatoes one by one until a total mass of at least 2kg is reached. Show that the bags are almost certain to contain either 22 or 23 potatoes. I'm happy with my answers to 1 & 2 but am struggling a little bit to get my head around number 3. Any advice from you would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance Dave
Well, if no other deviation can occur but 4 grams... then 21 potatoes will never weigh more than 1974 grams... And 22 potatoes will weigh maximum 2068 grams... but you want probabilities?? In fractions?? About the filling mashine.... I would think that it will fill potatoes in the bags, which weigh either: 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, or 94 grams. Assuming that ... erm... 2 of each is in a bag... that is 18... weighing 1620 grams... We need 4 or 5 more... taking them from the middle, with less deviancy... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92... ... and we have 23 potatoes weighing 2070 grams... Well... I am quite sure this is NOT what you're looking for... having troubles breaking it down to rough mathematical language... Slapdash???? But hey... I only teach 10th grade :tongue2

Well, if no other deviation can occur but 4 grams... then 21 potatoes will never weigh more than 1974 grams... And 22 potatoes will weigh maximum 2068 grams... but you want probabilities?? In fractions??
:rollin:rollin:rollin :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy knew it woulnt take you long Pene :ok

Mark me, mark me, mark me.... Please Mr. Mphill :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
If he won't, I will. I'll be right back with a red hot branding iron :loon:loon:tongue2

Re: Gizdalord from the evil Hungary my name on msn was with greek letters and if you want to clearly know it was written in cypriot dialect. It means my full name in Cypriot greek. My eng sometimes is bad sometime i just mistipe things and i only looked for 1 or 2 words. anything else? Just throw at me

if U have a doubt about that i am not even aboy a 18 yrs old guy or even a human i have webcam i can really can proove everything but slowly this thing is getting ridiculous for me...
you dont really need to prove it, theyre just kidding around :welcome to the forum etc. and please bring more news about any other cheating hungarians you dont like :)

Well, if no other deviation can occur but 4 grams... then 21 potatoes will never weigh more than 1974 grams... And 22 potatoes will weigh maximum 2068 grams... but you want probabilities?? In fractions?? About the filling mashine.... I would think that it will fill potatoes in the bags, which weigh either: 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, or 94 grams. Assuming that ... erm... 2 of each is in a bag... that is 18... weighing 1620 grams... We need 4 or 5 more... taking them from the middle, with less deviancy... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92... ... and we have 23 potatoes weighing 2070 grams... Well... I am quite sure this is NOT what you're looking for... having troubles breaking it down to rough mathematical language... Slapdash???? But hey... I only teach 10th grade :tongue2
Bloody hell Pene, you've made my brain hurt now. The only thing I understood in all of the above was the bit about deviancy. Personally I prefer more deviancy rather than less. ;)