ATP TMS Monte Carlo 17th - 23th April

Re: ATP TMS Monte Carlo 17th - 23th April Looking at some pretty big prices for tomorrow, need a strong run:hope

SportTennis
EventATP Monte Carlo
SelectionMATHIEU v Coria
Strength10/10
Date19/04/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.02 (Back)
ReasoningMathieu was rocking in the first round against an out-of-sorts Safin, but even when Safin started to hit back and was actually playing well in the second set, Mathieu stayed strong. He has the type of game that when he finds form he can get a string of results and I fancy him against Coria. Coria took care of Youzhny alright however, he was still serving very poorly and if that doesn't improve, Mathieu is the type that can take advantage. H2H is 2-1 to Coria and he's won the two on clay, however, these were at times when he was playing a lot better, and Mathieu wasn't in as good a situation. We saw Coria have a few very poor losses in South America early in the year and this is a chance for another.
SportTennis
EventATP Monte Carlo
SelectionFERRERO 2-0 v Tursunov
Strength10/10
Date19/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 2.50 (Back)
ReasoningAbsolute opposites here; very impressed win the way Ferrero performed in the first round and very poor showing from Chela. Ferrero took out Tursunov very easily and although Tursunov was poor, Ferrero looked sharp and was moving well and really took care of business easily. Chela, apart from reaching a final in Acapulco, hasn't been very good this year. Losing a set to Rusedski on clay is awful, and can't imagine he played well at all. In the matchup simply feel Ferrero will be able dominate from the back and take it easily 2-0. Good price for this as bet365 go 2.00 and Coral go 2.1.
SportTennis
EventATP Monte Carlo
SelectionBERDYCH 2-0 v Simon
Strength10/10
Date19/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 2.50 (Back)
ReasoningVery impressed by Berdych in the first round, taking care of Santoro easily. He looked to be hitting the ball well and it was a strong start to his campaign. I still think Simon is opposable against a tiring week last week and better opposition than Gabashvili would have troubled him in the first round. Berdych serves better and should be able to control it from the back, and I think this is a decent price for the 2.5.
SportTennis
EventATP Monte Carlo
SelectionGONZALEZ 2-0 v Lopez
Strength10/10
Date19/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceCoral @ 1.83 (Back)
ReasoningVAMOS GONZALEZ! Gonzo was on fire today against Moya and he certainly impressed me. Didn't expect a performance like that from him and I have to feel he will carry that on here. Lopez was lucky to come through a final set tie breaker against Hanescu and after that game this may come as quite a shock! Gonzalez copes well with lefties, going 7-3 in his last 10 and 23-10 since 2000 against lefties. H2H against Lopez is 3-0 to Gonzalez and the two meetings on clay have been 2-0. Decent chance for a 2-0 here I feel.
SportTennis
EventATP Monte Carlo
SelectionDI MAURO v Stepanek
Strength10/10
Date19/04/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.98 (Back)
ReasoningDi Mauro is flying at the moment and I think he's a great shout here against Stepanek isn't too comfortable on clay. Di Mauro just reached a final of a Challenger on clay then come here, put through qualifying and took care of Wawrinka comfortably in the first round. Stepanek had a few problems against Korolev in the first round and wasn't impressive. He's had one or two good weeks on clay like reaching the semis of Barcelona last year but I still don't rate him on the surface and seems like coming into this with limited form.
SportTennis
EventATP Monte Carlo
SelectionFERRER 2-0 v Hrbaty
Strength10/10
Date19/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 2.20 (Back)
ReasoningHrbaty was pathetic in the first round against Bracciali, struggling so much with his serve, any decent clay courter would have destroyed him. Now he has to face a very good clay courter in Ferrer, who came through a tough one against Massu (after a wobble in the 2nd set). H2H is interesting here, level at 3-3, but the 2 on clay have been 6-4 6-3 and 6-0 6-3 including a win here last year for Ferrer. Hrbaty will need to improve a massive amount if he's able to get anything out of this match, and I just can't see it happening. I thought Hrbaty might find something here, however, it looks like his poor form at the start of this year (and especially with his serve) looks to be a little more long term.

Re: ATP TMS Monte Carlo 17th - 23th April Why is every bgets strenght given as 10/10? Are they all certainties!!?? Would u not be better to put an equivalent number out of 10 as a representation of how strongly you fancy the bet?, no?

Re: ATP TMS Monte Carlo 17th - 23th April

Why is every bgets strenght given as 10/10? Are they all certainties!!?? Would u not be better to put an equivalent number out of 10 as a representation of how strongly you fancy the bet?, no?
stereo is right, it's because of Sports-Punter. A lot of people also advocate level stakes, so I don't think there's a problem with it;).
Good news for Ladbrokes punters who backed Grosjean. He retired. :eyes
Unlucky mate, I like qualifiers but didn't fancy much from this one:eek :eek

Re: ATP TMS Monte Carlo 17th - 23th April ok, surely someone must have some thoughts on the quarter finals? I haven't seen enough of the tournament to give any sort of informed analysis (I'm not a morning person) but I like the look of 2-1 to Nadal against Coria given the closeness of their previous encounters. I'm also tempted by Ljubicic at evens given his form.

Re: ATP TMS Monte Carlo 17th - 23th April Hello I'm also tempted to go with Ljubicic today, i've backed him in every match so far in the tournament and he brought the dough :). I read some statements om his official site. Its his 7th quarter-finals in 7th tournament so far this season. He said that he felt really good in the match vs. Simon, that he adopted to the surface more. He took 5 straight serves from Simon and he even used drop shots (i think thats how its said in tennis terms, when the player plays the ball real close to the oponents net :P) for the first time in tournament. He is more than pleased, becouse he didnt train for this surface, and he says that everything he does from now on is a good achievement. Hes gonna be relaxed and also H2H is 2:1 for Ljubo from last year. On monday he is gonna become 4th player in the world which is his career peak so far. Considering all that and good odds im going to back him up today again, im not gonna go big cous it feels like hes done more here than anyone expected to, but it sure is worth taking medium stakes and over on games would be a good choice too, cous both players have great serve so we should see at least one tie-break. LJUBICIC - Gonzalez 2.00 @ Ladbrokes medium stakes 5/10

Re: ATP TMS Monte Carlo 17th - 23th April I must feel like I have too much money....look at this prop over at The Greek: * Roger Federer wins 2-0 -185 * Any other result +160 Roger Federer's H2H against David Ferrer: 3-0 and fairly easy too. I haven't even read any match reports. I have no idea if Federer's just scraping through these or if Dave's playing the tennis of his life. The odds's suggest the bookies are respecting Dave or Dave really has upped his game. No value but I am betting £60 at (-185) to win £32.43 that Roger Federer will beat David Ferrer 2-0.

Re: ATP TMS Monte Carlo 17th - 23th April Well, i guess thats it for ATP Monte Carlo, unleast for me. Too bad for Ljubicic, he was doing great in the begining leading 5:2, than suposably some injury poped out - something with thumb on his foot. Becouse of that he canceled ATP in Barcelona next week. Today odds are to low for me on Nadal and Federer. I guess they will both win and they should, but its not worth backing them. Anything could happen, injury, bad day... So anyone backing them good luck...see ya when ATP Barcelona starts :)

Re: ATP TMS Monte Carlo 17th - 23th April Again Federer on his least favourite surface is steamrolling the opponents. Gonzalez is simply being thrashed! The tournaments are becoming decidedly boring to watch and for the good of the game I hope Nadal beats him convincingly tomorrow. Surely someone else on the tour is able to step up a couple of gears?

Re: ATP TMS Monte Carlo 17th - 23th April You have to appreciate a master of a sport. Watching Federer is like watching the best film you ever saw, the most beautiful piece of music, the greatest book you read. A mix of the grace of a ballerina, the power of an engine, the perseverence, the concentration, the confidence. The best there has been. He might lose tomorrow, though.:lol

Re: ATP TMS Monte Carlo 17th - 23th April

You have to appreciate a master of a sport. Watching Federer is like watching the best film you ever saw, the most beautiful piece of music, the greatest book you read. A mix of the grace of a ballerina, the power of an engine, the perseverence, the concentration, the confidence. The best there has been. He might lose tomorrow, though.:lol
Hear hear. You can never tire of watching the sublime genius of Roger Federer. Mat.