Rugby League: Super league round 10

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby League: Super league round 10 Believe it or not im still up for the day too but thats due in large to my footie dabbles. They'll be no footie bail out soon. Heres hoping for better luck. Curse that Scott Moore. Never get involved in a Saints match with Moore on the team sheet. Thats 4 times now Ive come a cropper.

Re: Rugby League: Super league round 10

Have to say I'm quite bouyant about our chances tomorrow. A new coach often gives a team a spark but I saw Wigan on Friday and whilst they defended well which is a strange thing to say when they conceded 48pts they still looked lost going forward. We've picked up in recent weeks but there was nothing wrong with our away form anyway and Skybet's 7/4 has lured me in! Of the other matches, Hull have improved under their stand-in coach and I think they can beat Wakey covering the 10pt start. Good luck to all who bet :hope
That'll do nicely thank you! :cow :nana :cow :nana :cow :nana :cow :nana :cow :nana

Re: Rugby League: Super league round 10 For those who are interested in the field for who finishes bottom of the Super League, cast your eyes below!

Castleford1.831.81.81.75
Wigan3.7543.54.5
Les Catalans4.54.563.4
Wakefield101188
Harlequins RL2121268
The Pie Heads second favourites with a few firms! Just need Cas to win a few games more and it;ll get very interesting!

Kev its good to see we all werent victim to the last minute try. The last minute try in the Hull game saw you home just. Well done mate!:ok
Was there a last minute try mate? Sorry I didn't realise as I've been at the footy all day. Didn't mean to rub your nose in it mate I can assure you.

For those who are interested in the field for who finishes bottom of the Super League, cast your eyes below!
v15.gifv3.gifv6002.gifv401.gif
Castleford1.831.81.81.75
Wigan3.7543.54.5
Les Catalans4.54.563.4
Wakefield101188
Harlequins RL2121268
The Pie Heads second favourites with a few firms! Just need Cas to win a few games more and it;ll get very interesting!
That'll make my my 25's for Wigan to finish bottom look a whole lot better
Taken from an earlier thread, backed this back in march on Betfair, lets hope i can lay some off for a nice win/win situation :D Well done all on some sound advice and some good winners :clap :clap

Re: Rugby League: Super league round 10 Im liking the look of Bradford tomorrow with the :welcome return of Newton back he should instigate a bit of carnage. I think hes quality. Discipline leaves alot to be desired. With Newton, Harris and Deacon pulling strings out there i fancy Bradford to get some points on the board. -12 doesnt seem a huge ask. If the score is 24-10 though a minute to go, Robbie Paul with ball in hand, last tackle 2 yards from the Bulls line, be afraid be extemely afraid. Bradford in addition beat the Giants 3 times home and away last season all by +12 margins. Huddersfield dont look to be playing that well either of late. It sounds all a bit too good to be true. I'd be interested to hear other thoughts on this one. I think I need to be put off this one.:unsure

Was there a last minute try mate? Sorry I didn't realise as I've been at the footy all day. Didn't mean to rub your nose in it mate I can assure you.
Not at all mate. Im really glad you prospered. I hope I didnt sound a bit sour grapes. Its really not my style. Good result for you.

i'm shocked by that mate!:loon
Yeah me too, been waiting for the last few weeks for a good price and thought today would bring it, but no nothing coming yet, it might take Cas beating them in May to drop the asking price down somewhat.
It sounds all a bit too good to be true.
As my mother always said "if it's too good to be true, it's a con" :lol -12 don't seem a lot but i'm gonna wait till tomorrow before making a decision on this game. Yeah 100th post :nana:nana Not quite up there with the big boys, but i'm trying :tongue2

Not at all mate. Im really glad you prospered. I hope I didnt sound a bit sour grapes. Its really not my style. Good result for you.
You didn't mate, I just re-read my post and thought I might have been rubbing your nose in it. For the record I completely agree with you on tomorrow night's match.

As my mother always said "if it's too good to be true, it's a con" :lol -12 don't seem a lot but i'm gonna wait till tomorrow before making a decision on this game.
Both games at Odsal, the Bulls racked up 50 points each time. Im being lured into this one but I feel it could all be a sting. The Giants could indeed turn out to be hustlers. Millward thinks so, but I seem to recall him backing the Giants last season on a similar handicap at Odsal.....

Re: Rugby League: Super league round 10 Bradford Bulls vs Huddersfield Giants (+12/16pts) _41567350_brad_hudd_06.gif As Henry has already mentionned, Bradford have an impressive Super League record over their Yorkshire rivals, Huddersfield. The last three fixtures at Odsal have all gone the way of the Bulls....40 v 12, 52 v 34, 54 v 10, could we see a similar result tonight? I think so.... Huddersfield have made a decent start to the season, and will be aiming for a top six finish......however they have slipped up over recent weeks, losing two on the bounce to Salford and Hull. Bradford played like the Bradford of old in last Thursday's epic win over Leeds, and are lucky to have Paul Johnson to replace the injuried McKenna, while GB hooker Terry Newton makes his Bulls debut tonight, will be interesting to see how he goes. Futhermore....Bradford have had one day extra rest period than the Giants, who played Hull on Good Friday, dont know how much this mean in the end, but also worth adding. One thing is stopping me from going all out on Bradford......when the camaras have been at Odsal this season Bradford have put in below par performances (except vs West Tigers), eg vs Harlequins, Warrington & Hull (failing to cover the hcap in each)...probably means nothing, but I am a fickle old fool... Bradford (from): Withers, Bai, B Harris, Hape, Vainikolo, I Harris, Deacon, Vagana, Henderson, Johnson, Newton, Lynch, Gene, Langley, Pryce, Ferres, Cook, Kopczak, Fielden, St Hilaire. Huddersfield (from): Reilly, Aspinwall, Evans, De Vere, Donlan, Thorman, Paul, Crabtree, Drew, Nero, Snitch, Wild, Jones, Jackson, March, Smith, McDonald, Grayshon, Raleigh, Gardner. Recommendation: Bradford -12pts @ 1.90 stan james (1pt) (Prediction - Bradford win by 18pts) (Scale 1-5pts)

Re: Rugby League: Super league round 10 I'd go along with Bradford to be honest, they looked somewhere near their best against Leeds and could be Nobby's last game in charge. My only concern would be the weather conditions effecting the pitch as it has been a bit of bog in earlier games at Odsal

One thing is stopping me from going all out on Bradford......when the camaras have been at Odsal this season Bradford have put in below par performances (except vs West Tigers)' date=' eg vs Harlequins, Warrington & Hull (failing to cover the hcap in each)...probably means nothing, but I am a fickle old fool...[/quote'] My thoughts exactly, am very put off with the failure to cover home hcp's in those games so will be leaving the hcp betting well alone, although i'm tempted with the +14 at Skybet as Huddersfield are more than capable of scoring points. On the flipside their defence can be very hit or miss at times. So i've gone for M Aspinwall to score anytime @5/4 with Skybet, he seems to be finding his form this season with 6 tries to his name so far, including a hat trick in the defeat to Hull on good friday.

So i've gone for M Aspinwall to score anytime @5/4 with Skybet' date=' he seems to be finding his form this season with 6 tries to his name so far, including a hat trick in the defeat to Hull on good friday.[/quote'] GL Penguin:hope, Quite a turnaround for the Giants this year...they use to lack the finishing/attacking ability of the top 6 sides but were always mean'sih in defence....not the case anymore.