SportMLB
EventTampa Ray Devil Rays (Waechter) @ Toronto Blue Jays (Lilly)
SelectionToronto (Lilly) -1.5
Strength10/10
Date08/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 2.20 (Back)
ReasoningPoor effort from the Blue Jays in the first game, but, they are the far superior side and need to take care of Tampa in this one. Could blame all of the Blue Jays new players for the poor start, but individually they've been playing well, so I think they will start to get results. Waechter is a poor pitcher IMO and I think he'll be found out early in this one. His ERA has been well over 5 for the past two seasons and his W/L was 5-12 last season which is poor. For Toronto Lilly is pitching, and his numbers have always been effected by injuries; so he is far better than the 5.56 ERA last season. He is rated as doubtful for this with a shoulder injury, but he's sounded very positive in interviews for the past few days, and he threw in the bullpen on Thursday with no problems. I'm willing to take a risk on him and the Blue Jays getting back on track here.

Re: Mlb 8/4

SportMLB
EventChicago White Sox (Vazquez) @ Kansas City Royals (Bautista)
SelectionWhite Sox (Vazquez) -1.5
Strength10/10
Date08/04/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.99 (Back)
ReasoningWell the White Sox were pathetic last night after getting a big lead but I'm willing to give them a chance to get some revenge. Vaz has poor figures last season at the D-backs, but simply got no run support and at least looked to be improving a bit. He has a 1.20 ERA in two starts against Kansas and clearly likes playing against them. Bautista isn't great, and has not pitched in the majors since last May. I think the White Sox will be able to get into him early, and hopefully will be able to hold on this time!

Re: Mlb 8/4 Im going for a bit of an unorthodox bet tonight. Brazelton had an awful season last year but went well during spring throwing a 1.77 ERA in 6 games and 17 SO in 20 1/3 innings. Zach Day had awful luck last year spending most of it injured. He struggled during spring allowing 39 hits and 26 Earned runs over 24 innings. He did improve in the later outings though. Im not going to back SD though, Ill leave that until Sun when Peavy takes the mound. Both team bullpens loo like they may have the tendency to implode and Day may start off ok but how long will his hand/wrist withstand? Im taking 1.95 at B365 for more runs in the 2nd half of the game.