** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Kev's yankees

I usually do a yankee each day for a bit of fun and thought I'd stick them in a thread on here to keep track how I do. I'm no expert or anything and I do my own picks literally for something to follow at work and try and make a bit of money out of them. Each yankee will be a 1pt win yankee and I'll start off with 110pts in the bank which gives me 10 shockers before I'm skint!! All selections will be put on here the day before so I'll take SP's on all selections. Here's Saturday's yankee. All at Aintree. 2.15 - Voy Por Ustedes 2.50 - Asian Maze 3.25 - Refinement 5.30 - Kicks for Free Starting bank 110pts Bank now 99pts

Re: Kev's yankees

I usually do a yankee each day for a bit of fun and thought I'd stick them in a thread on here to keep track how I do. I'm no expert or anything and I do my own picks literally for something to follow at work and try and make a bit of money out of them. Each yankee will be a 1pt win yankee and I'll start off with 110pts in the bank which gives me 10 shockers before I'm skint!! All selections will be put on here the day before so I'll take SP's on all selections. Here's Saturday's yankee. All at Aintree. 2.15 - Voy Por Ustedes :( 2nd 10/11 2.50 - Asian Maze :D 1st 4/1 3.25 - Refinement :D 1st 11/4 5.30 - Kicks for Free :( 3rd 4/1 Starting bank 110pts Bank now 99pts
11pts staked 18.75pts returned 7.75 profit

not a bad start kev :ok shame about VPU doing you out of another 2 doubles and a treble :sad good luck.:hope
Cheers mate. Turning towards home I thought he'd go on and win but it wasn't to be. Still an ok day though.

Monday 9th April 2.20 Southwell - Faith is Flying :D 1st 4/1 3.20 Southwell - Surdoue :\ N/R 4.40 Wolverhampton - Buscador :( Unpl 5.00 Windsor - Zidane :( Unpl 1pt yankee Starting bank 110pts Bank now 95.75pts
11pts Staked 5pts returned Bank now 100.75pts

Tuesday 10th April 2.20 Folkestone - Urban Warrior :D 1st 7/4 3.00 Fontwell - Kandjar D'Allier :( Unpl 3.10 Bath - Acrobatic :D 1st 4/7 4.50 Folkestone - Dark Parade :( Unpl 1pt yankee Bank now 89.75pts
Staked 11pts Returned 4.32pts Starting bank 110pts Bank now 94.07pts

Re: Kev's yankees Having been talking to Slapdash and Big Andy during a game of poker I've decided to change the angle of attack from yankees to lucky 15s. Same stake - 1pt but lucky 15s rather than yankees to ensure payouts even if there's only 1 winner. Weds 12th April 2.10 Nottingham - Hart of Gold 4.10 Nottingham - Crosspeace 4.20 Catterick - Madaares 4.30 Lingfield - White Bear 1pt lucky 15. Starting bank 110pts Bank now 79.07pts

Having been talking to Slapdash and Big Andy during a game of poker I've decided to change the angle of attack from yankees to lucky 15s. Same stake - 1pt but lucky 15s rather than yankees to ensure payouts even if there's only 1 winner.
Personally I prefer betting in singles if backing win-only, but as I said during the poker, if you're going to bet a yankee then you may as well do the lucky 15 to get the consolation bonus when you get just one winner. At the kind of odds you seem to be backing at, I reckon the bonus is worth something like two-thirds of a point on average, so compared to the yankee you're getting the four extra singles for the price of just over three bets. That's assuming you're getting 2x odds for one winner. It's even better if you get 3x odds, of course. I know Sean Graham do this, and there's a local bookie (not online) near me that does. Anybody know of any others? There's also a percentage bonus if you get all four winners. I think 10% is standard, but there are quite a lot of bookies who give better than this. But this is not such a big deal unless you're betting at very low odds, as it will happen so rarely. Still, in the long run it's probably worth a quarter of a point or so on average. Anyway, good luck!

Re: Kev's yankees I`ll put my 2 pennerth in just for the record then, it`s a rare type of bet for me to dabble in but if I do feel like doing some multiples, this is how i do it. If I had 15 points to stake on 4 horses, I would normally leave the trebles out and increase the stakes on the wins and doubles. So instead of a 1pt Lucky 15, I`d split the 15 points up as follows..... 4 x 1.4pt wins 6 x 1.4pt doubles 1pt acc (just incase you happen to hit the 4, it does happen, once in a blue moon :tongue2 ) Having said that, i`m not really familiar with the bonuses offered for placing the full Lucky15`s online, I know my local bookie does double the odds for 1 winner etc but don`t go in there any more. I`m not sure whether it`s shrewder to take the bonus by doing a full L15 or do it my way:unsure But just looking at the 2 instances so far where kev`s hit a double, the first time he would`ve returned 35.35 (20.35 profit) and the other double would have returned 12.09 (2.91 loss) if they`d have been placed using my staking example. Those returns are inclusive of the wins and not just the doubles btw. It`s food for thought anyway kev :ok

Re: Kev's yankees I've done Lucky 15 for a long time and the only reason for doing so was my bookies gave 3 x the odds a winner and not one for backing Favs it suited me. When someone offers you 2 x odds and 10% bonus for 4 winners is just an inticement by the bookies to make you pick 4 horses and they know the % chance of you doing that.Also if your 1st selection loses thats 8 losing bets straight away.One that I like with 4 horses is a 4 x stake Round Robins and 4 horse ew roll up. In your case my outlay four 4 horses would be 14pts. 4 x 30p round robins 1 x 50p ew roll up 1 x 50p ew all ew roll up 1winner only would would be to 6 x stake, doubles would be to 2 x stake and trebles to 1 x stake. Your Selection of any type of bet should be on how good you are at picking winners but getting four up on a regular basis is very unlikely. I must agree with Slapdash and betting in singles win only or ew only if sps are above 5/1. Well kevshat all the best with this and as you said it was to have a bit of a fun bet every day.

Having been talking to Slapdash and Big Andy during a game of poker I've decided to change the angle of attack from yankees to lucky 15s. Same stake - 1pt but lucky 15s rather than yankees to ensure payouts even if there's only 1 winner. Weds 12th April 2.10 Nottingham - Hart of Gold :( Unpl 4.10 Nottingham - Crosspeace :( Unpl 4.20 Catterick - Madaares :( Unpl 4.30 Lingfield - White Bear :\ 3rd 1pt lucky 15. Starting bank 110pts Bank now 79.07pts
Staked 15pts Returned 0pts. Not a good day :sad .

Thursday 13th April 2.40 Wolverhampton - Distant Country :( Unpl 2.50 Wincanton - Picot de Say :( Unpl 4.30 Ludlow - Pseudonym :\ 3rd 5.10 Wolverhampton - Fyvie :\ 2nd 1pt lucky 15 Starting bank 110pts Bank now 64.07pts
Staked 15pts Returned 0pts

Sunday 16th April 2.10 Towcester - Top Ram :( Unpl 2.20 Musselburgh - Stepaside :( Unpl 3.30 Plumpton - Mr Boo :D 1st 1/2 4.40 Towcester - Cobreces :\ N/R 1pt lucky 15. Starting bank 110pts Bank now 49.07pts
Staked 15pts Returned 4pts Bank now 53.07pts

Monday 17th April 2.40 Huntingdon - Party Games :D 1st 5/6 3.20 Warwick - River Kirov :( Unpl 4.10 Yarmouth - Red Evie :D 1st 2/1 4.20 Fakenham - New Perk :\ 2nd 1pt lucky15 Bank now 38.07pts
15pts staked 10.33pts returned Bank now 48.40pts

Tuesday 18th April 3.45 Newmarket - Baltic King :( Unpl 4.20 Newmarket - Mashaahed :\ 3rd 4.30 Exeter - Flotta :\ 2nd 5.15 Chepstow - Sissinghurst Storm :D 1st 4/1 1pt Lucky15 Bank now 33.40pts
15pts staked 9pts returned Bank now 42.40pts Wednesday 19th April 2.20 Cheltenham - Turko 3.30 Cheltenham - Our Vic 3.45 Newmarket - Edaara 5.35 Beverley - Unique Moment 1pt Lucky 15 Bank now 27.40pts

15pts staked 9pts returned Bank now 42.40pts Wednesday 19th April 2.20 Cheltenham - Turko:\ 2nd 3.30 Cheltenham - Our Vic :D 1st 5/2 3.45 Newmarket - Edaara :\ 2nd 5.35 Beverley - Unique Moment :( Unpl 1pt Lucky 15 Bank now 27.40pts
15pts staked 6pts returned Bank now 33.40pts Thursday 20th April 2.00 Newmarket - Dimboola 3.10 Newmarket - City of Troy 3.20 Ripon - Blue Monday 5.15 Cheltenham - Joe Blake 1pt Lucky15 Bank now 18.40pts