At first glance theres one game that stand outstraight away. CWS @ KC CWS didnt get off to their dream start losing their first home series 2-1 to the Indians. One of these losses though did need extra innings. The Indians are also a team many would expect to pressure the White Sox for the division. Kansas City arent. They lost both games to Detroit(possibly the 2nd weakest team in the division after themselves) including a 14-3 hammering. Last year the Sox were 13-5 against the Royals. Garland really shone last year, giving CWS a rotation with real depth, with a 18-10 record and 3.50 ERA. His career record against the Royals is 11-4. Affeldt has spent most of the past two years as a relief pitcher and went 0-2,5.26 ERA last year. This game should be just what Chicago need after their disappointing series against MIN. 1.59 is a little short but the game should be comfortable. Maybe take the -1.5 @ 1.9. Back later with some more.

Re: Mlb 7/4 Im wading into the St Louis vs Cubs OVER 7 runs @1.83 Maddux 05- era around 4 Suppan era around 3.5 There is clearly enough power in both these sides to get well past that 7 mark. 6 0r less is the only way to lose.I think tooo much power around for that. 100 points single over 7 runs @1.83

Re: Mlb 7/4 Also have to look at the over ten runs Tampa @ toronto- some real average pitching on show. Downs has slotted into the Jays rotation because of AJB's injury.Fossum is nothing special for the d-rays. I think the blue jays extra power should win it for them, but Id rather stick to the overs. AS LIve on NASN sat at noon.Watch my Jays go- AL EAST CHamps 2006:hope

Re: Mlb 7/4 Im going to have to agree with you there. Overs looks like a good call. Im going toplay a bigger risk though and take the 2.16 for over 7.5 runs @ Betfair. Without wanting to do the guy any discredit, I also feel Maddux has seen his best days. Last season saw his highest ERA and worst record since 1987. Suppan is the opposite and on the rise. Last season saw him go 16-10 with a 3.57 ERA. Im also going to take STL to beat the Cubs @ 1.92 (Sporting Odds) Oh and ............

Watch my Jays go- AL EAST CHamps 2006
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Re: Mlb 7/4 BOS Red Sox v BAL Orioles ; BOS Red Sox ML ( 1,91 ) Stake : 9 LA Dodgers v PHL Phillies ; PHL Phillies ML ( 1,80 ) Stake : 7 DET Tigers v TEX Rangers ; TEX Rangers ML ( 2,00 ) Stake : 8 Over 10,5 NY Yankees v LA Angels ; LA Angels ML ( 2,10 ) Stake : 7 OAK Athletics v SEA Mariners ; OAK Athletics ( 2,12 ) Stake :6

Re: Mlb 7/4

SportMLB
EventChicago White Sox (Garland) @ Kansas City Royals (Affeldt)
SelectionWhite Sox (Garland)
Strength10/10
Date07/04/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.57 (Back)
ReasoningOK, so they've had there parties at home but now the WS need to get back to business and win some games. They have a great chance to get going in this series against the Royals who are poor and should start well tonight. Garland was solid last season and I expect a decent performance to start them off on the orad tonight. The WS lost a tight game to Cleveland but left a lot of guys on bases whilch they weren't happy about, but at least it shows that the bats are OK. Kansas haven't been hitting well in there fist couple of games, and with Affeldt on the mound who is coming out of the bullpen, I can't see them being very effective.

Re: Mlb 7/4 Well, I'm taking a few run lines tonight, should be interesting. Not much detail as the market is about to close. Det -1.5 v Tex 10pts @ 2.21 Koronka had a horrible year as a pitcher last year, 4 games started 7+ on the era. Maroth has shown himself really well this spring. He pitched 5 shutout innings on April 1st and I can see him carrying his form here. CWS -1.5 v KC 10pts @ 1.87 CWS has the bats and a high LOB count against an excellent Indian side, I don't think KC can hold them back here. Col v San Diego -1.5 10pts @ 2.37 Risky, but I'll take the home side against Col. Tor -1.5 v TBD 10pts @ 2.13 They won't get another shutout with Fossum on the mound, and a shutout they'll need against a productive Toronto setup. GL

Re: Mlb 7/4 I've also added Wash over Houston 5pts @ 2.20 Backe has had back problems this spring, and Washington has shown it can take advantage of a pitcher and AZ over Mil 5pts @ 2.30 I think AZ can give Ortiz the run support he needs, Bush has been roughed up quite a bit last year and experience on the mound may win out I know that these really don't help in a preview sense, just keeping a log of my picks (kinda slipping in and out around work) GL

Re: Mlb 7/4

BOS Red Sox v BAL Orioles ; BOS Red Sox ML ( 1' date=91 ) Stake : 9 WONNNNN LA Dodgers v PHL Phillies ; PHL Phillies ML ( 1,80 ) Stake : 7 LOSTTTTT DET Tigers v TEX Rangers ; TEX Rangers ML ( 2,00 ) Stake : 8 Over 10,5 LOSSTTT NY Yankees v LA Angels ; LA Angels ML ( 2,10 ) Stake : 7 WONNNN OAK Athletics v SEA Mariners ; OAK Athletics ( 2,12 ) Stake :6 WONNNN
like a scary movie 3 Win / 2 Lost