** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Week One

Re: Week One Urban Warrior

Two 2nds in two career races which both came late last month. I expect this to still be in good shape and get its first win today. Moved up in class from its debut to the 2nd run and actually improved by doing so. Going down in class here and going against mostly un-raced runners. BouldersBeach

Raced twice this year and both we good races. Going against plenty of runners without much success and unsure if the rest can handle the going. Boulder should be able to handle the ground and find its first win after having its last two ran very well.

Gavarnie Beau

Close last time out and ran its last two at this track. Last time was 7f and it might help going back 6f. Has its best performances when with today’s jock.

Broken Spur

One who’s coming from a trainer thats’s in good form. It’s last two races last year was great and continued it’s form this year with a 3rd place finish late last month. It has some experience in the Hc circuit and that’s going to be a big help here.

Molem

Decent runner and is best so far at 1m. Paired with a good jockey who rode a winner last time it was at this track. Raced against tougher runners last year and this debut this year could be a successful one in this lower class race.

Tamagin

Going against a tough looking field but its going to be ridden by a jock that’s won 5 times in only 17 races this year. Tamagin’s last two have been with todays jock and the finishes were 1st and 2nd. Should be easier that the last race as its drops in class today.

Dyanita

Making its debut this year after a strong finish last year. Still a maiden but could find it easy to escape that title today. Finished 2nd behind the odds-on favorite last October to a Godolphin horse. The trainer’s runners have been running well and that should be a good sign.

Mr Twins

A slacker but showed something around this distance. Raced on further in the last two last year but could be close at distances over 2m. The good part is that its always been able to finish every race. No falls, pull-ups – been able to finish every race. Weight is low, distance is low – could make an upset but only hoping.

Re: Week One To Win: 10 pts 2:30 Sthl Urban Warrior | 2nd | -10.00 7pts 2:50 Kels Boulders Beach | 1st | +4.31 5 pts 3:40 Ling Gavarnie Beau | 3rd | -5.00 4:10 Ling Broken Spur | 4th | -5.00 5:10 Ling Molem | 1st | +17.50 5:40 Ling Tamagin | 1st | +20.00 2pts 3:10 Ling Dyanita | 3rd | -2.00 4:20 Kels Mr Twins | 10th | -2.00 3 for 8 = +17.81

Re: Week One Four Amigos

Had a good streak of improvement from early to mid February but its last three have been awful. The last time it went up in distance resulted in a good finish. Raced in a class 5 last time out and been away for almost a month. So, dropping in class and moving in distance for today. The draw is not the best but some have found ways to win from this high. Hopefully it can run the was it did the way it did early and mid Feb to win this.

Frank'N'Jonny

Has one of the best form out of all runners coming into today. Have raced well all year but just can’t find the way to win. The best finish from the last three came with today’s jock. It’s an open race and with the form of Frank’N”Jonny, its one that is not a bad choice to go with.

San Antonio

Has two races this year with both being class 2 races. Up in class this time and the higher class experience will be a help. The jockey have done very well this month especially its last three. The trainer have also been doing well – 7 top 3’s in the last 9 races.

Bobby Charles

Very smart runner having finished 3rd or better in 9 of 12 career races. The two races this year have resulted in two 3rd place finishes from the same distance as today. It’s a true test racing its highest class ever (3) but the trainer have done well with it’s last two. Jockey is still doing well and with the combination of Bobby Charles’ record it has a great chance of winning.

Midshipman

The jockey have finished 3rd or better in 10 of the last 15 races. Midshipmans last race here was a 5th behind just below 3 lengths. It has not been the greatest this year but proved it can run this track. The last time it ran here it was paired with todays jockey.

Re: Week One Pass It On

Raced pretty good back in March at Sandown but did not have its best late in the race. Plenty of inexperienced runners here and with McCoy on board Pass It On is going be be tough to beat. The three ahead of PIO in the last race was more experienced and actually been running well in their races.

Chilling Place

Already have 4 wins in only 12 races but its last two have not been great. Still, the record shows it can win and with the races its been on today is actually one of its ‘easier’ task. Chilling Place’s record at this track is two wins with one 2nd in three tries.

Leahs Pride

Its last two at 5f have been good and today should be its best. Booked with a good jockey (but have not been as good at this track). Been able to stay close when running todays distance and with the jockey it has a decent chance of winning.

King Zafeen

Been running at distances farther than todays but is yet to win. The good part is that if its races was run at 7f it can have more than zero wins. King Zafeen was able to lead over 2f out last time only to be beaten by a neck in a race 1f longer than today.

Mister Aziz

Have finished 4th or 3rd in 5 of 7 races this year. Should be able to stay close today and with the jockey who won its last two it should stay really close and possibly win. Only going with this because its been close so many times in a consistent way.

Re: Week One 2 pts 3:40 Here Lubinas 5:00 Exet Lorient Express - Lubinas

Its last two have been raced well at Newbury. Both were with the same jockey for today. The last was much better than the one before it when it lost to Lord On The Run whne it made a mistake in the last. Form is good and has a chance today.

Lorient Express

Should not have much trouble racing at this class. Raced it’s last two in Class 2 and add one more Class 2 to give it this Class 5 the advantage. It won 3 of 4 in November and December last year before going on to the three higher classes. Not a lot have raced on tougher competition like Lorient so it’s a bet to win for me.

Re: Week One To Win: 2:10 Here Pass It On | 2nd | -5.00 2:20 Kemp Leahs Pride | 5th | -2.00 3:40 Here Lubinas | 1st | +7.00 3:50 Kemp King Zafeen | 8th | -2.00 4:00 Exet Chilling Place | 1st | +5.50 4:20 Kemp Mister Aziz | 10th | -2.00 5:00 Exet Lorient Express | 1st | +3.50 3 for 7 = +5.00

Re: Week One Thank dmp :beer I'm not used to the big prized races - hope I really get some luck for Aintree To Win: 10 pts 3:55 Leic Juniper Girl 5 pts 2:55 Taun Blue Business 4 pts 3:10 Aint Detroit City 2pts 6-Apr 2:45 Leic Coalite 6-Apr 3:20 Leic Lady Diktat 6-Apr 4:20 Aint Nyrche 6-Apr 4:55 Aint Blazing Bailey 6-Apr 5:05 Leic Strategic Mount - Juniper Girl Has shown it can run and have been moving up in distance since its debut three races ago. The rest of the field has yet to race today’s distance but Junipers latest is very close to todays. Ran well at Folksotne late last month but beaten by a good ride from JP Specncer with Questive. With the weight being carried by Juniper Girl and its performance around this trip compare to the rest is a win for me.

Blue Business

Last race at this track was a 2nd to Commercial Flyer who was the ½ Favorite. The 3rd horse was behind of Blue Business by 21 lengths. It’s placed in 10 of 17 career starts and with plenty of experience in the past it looks hard to beat in this field. DetroitCity

Very good at Cheltenham back in March and I don’t expect this to have lost anything it had then. It’s going against some runners today that it defeated for the JCB Triumph Hurdle. The one I’m afraid of the most is Shamayoun (McCoy). But, with 3 great races this year (all wins) I’m going with this one today.

Coalite

It’s last two last year had some potential of winning but had some bad luck. The trainer is doing well with one win, two 2nd and a 5th in the last 4. The worry is that the 5th was with the jockey here today. But, that jockey is racing well right now and could Coalite into the right direction today.

Lady Diktat

Have only finished 5th once since its debut (9th place) with the 6 of its 8 total race being 4th or better. Distance should not be a problem and I think its actually going to help. Have proven it can compete and with the field of many inexperience runners its chances are good.

Nyrche

Raced well last time out when 4th at Cheltenham. I really like the trainers form coming into this. Trainers record since March 29 – 3, PU, 2, 1, 1, PU. A couple was pulled up but the rest did very well. Nyrche should find this easier than last time with less runners t worry about.

Blazing Bailey

This year, 2 wins, one 2nd, and one 3rd. In great form this year and pushing my luck picking another one from the same trainer as Nyrche. Should like the weight for this one and its last race was a 3rd to a race won by DetroitCity.

Strategic Mount

Raced at Newbury to end last season and that should be a good experience to improve this year. The trainer only has one runner today and its this one. Trainer has also had a couple of good runners this month. There is a problem and that is the distance. I think it weakened from its last race due to the course. Now, running in an ‘easier’ track should help a lot. I think it can take the distance after a tougher task at Newbury. Souffleur is a big scare for me – but it’s making its debut.

Re: Week One 2 pts 2:00 Aint My Way De Sozlen 4:40 Taun Manawanui 5:15 Taun Deep Pockets - My Way De Sozlen

Have won 6 of 10 career starts including the last 3. Also, it’s won big races like its last race , the World Hurdle. Can also go on most ground so today should not be a problem. Coming into this with great form and going to put a small amount to win.

Manawanui

Finished strongly in its last race at this track from the same distance in its last race. Going off in the same weight from last time can help here. It’s latest effort just proved it can handle this track and even with a different jockey for today I believe it can still win.

Deep Pockets

Deep Pockets managed to destroy the field by 14 lengths. Today, it’s being ridden by the same jockey and just about the same race with less to travel. It’s hard to think it cant win here. The jockey has been able to win with the horse and the trainer only has a few to train. So, even with the success last time Deep Pockets can is trained to be better.

Re: Week One 2:00 | Aint | My Way De Sozlen | 2nd | 2:55 | Taun | Blue Business | 4th | 2:45 | Leic | Coalite | 4th | 3:10 | Aint | Detroit City | 1st | +12.00 3:20 | Leic | Lady Diktat | 9th | 3:55 | Leic | Juniper Girl | 3rd | 4:20 | Aint | Nyrche | 2nd | 4:40 | Taun | Manawanui | 8th | 4:55 | Aint | Blazing Bailey | 2nd | 5:05 | Leic | Strategic Mount | 3rd | 5:15 | Taun | Deep Pockets | 3rd | 1 for 12 = -19.00 :-X

Re: Week One 2:35 Aint Black Jack Ketchum

Undefeated in 6 careers starts – that record includes three straight wins at Cheltenham coming into today. Two of the three were class 1 races with the other being a 2. Really hard to go against this here with the amount and where it has won.

4:05 Sthl Meadow Mischief

Finished 2nd in its last two and it has improved from last year to this. The last two are from the same distance so that should help. The rest of the runners has plenty of first time runners and ones that have now raced as good as Meadow Mischief. The trainer is on good form with 3 wins in the last 5 racers.

4:20 Aint Straw Bear

Nearly won at Cheltenham but was a neck short to Walsh’s Noland. Still, it’s a good runner with enough experience to compete in todays meeting. Should get another good run with McCoy on board.

7:50 Wex Omas Glen

Last race was a good 2nd behind by just a head. Third place runner was 20 lengths behind Omas Glen. Very good chance of winning if it can do what it did from its last run.

Re: Week One 2 pts 4:20 Aint Desert Quest - 4:20 Aint Desert Quest

Won at Cheltenham last month and is one of the best coming into this. Again with Walsh and really has one horse to beat (Straw Bear). Desert Quest and Straw Bear will be tough to beat with the races they’ve been on in the past.

Re: Week One 2:15 Aint Voy Por Ustedes

Impressive record of 6 wins out of 10 races. The last two (both this year) are Class 1 races (both wins). The first came at Wincanton having Hoo La Baloo as the only danger defeating it by 2+ lengths. The latest was at Cheltenham (winning the Arkle). I expect the rest of the field to need a major mistake by Voy for them to win.

1:40 Ling Hucking Hill

The winner from the last race was ahead by 5 lengths when it was all done. Hucking Hill, at 4th was behind by 2+ lengths of 2nd place. Not a bad debut and now with that experience it might win here today. I’m thinking Hucking has had the chance to train with Kingsgate Prince (they have the same trainer). Kingsgate won 4 in a row to start the year including a Class 1 race and ending the streak with a 4th out of 6 in another Class 1. Hucking has experience on this ground unlike StirCrazy who have never raced on this type.

2:15 Aint Green Tango

If for any way Voy Por Ustedes fails to win this race it might just be Green Tango. Its last race had many mistakes but still managed finish 7th out of 23. The jockey have found a couple of winners and this race should be easier for Green Tango with less runners to worry about.

4:05 Chep Kayceecee

Has Manners to beat but with AP on board I think Manners is beatable. Kayceecee is closest to have a chance who’s had a couple of good races this year. Won one earlier in the year and has one 2nd. The last was not impressive when it weakened 2 out in a HcH. Now, back with the Nv’s it should find this easier than its last and win if Manners does not.

Re: Week One

2:35 Aint Black Jack Ketchum | 1st | +1.23 3:30 Sthl Gradetime | 1st | +3.64 4:05 Sthl Meadow Mischief | 1st | +5.00 4:20 Aint Straw Bear | 1st | +2.00 4:20 Aint Desert Quest | 10th | -2.00 7:50 Wex Omas Glen | 1st | +4.00 5 for 6 = +15.87
Superb. :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap Haven't had a day like that since last year - well done. :ok

Re: Week One 1 pt Each-Way 4:15 Aint Rince Ri - 4:15 Aint Rince Ri Bet : Only if A J McNamara Rides.

Gambling here but this is my long-shot. Trainer’s last two were winners and RinceRi’s 2 of 3 Class 1/A races are 1st and 2nd (1st from 2002 and the 2nd from 2004). It’s last race was a Grade 2 at Fairyhouse but did not finish well. I like the trainers form coming into this and with the horses age it should lasts the trip.