2:35 Stronger race than the Gold Cup?

Looking at feilds of this race today and the gold cup tomorrow I actually think the likes of Impek ,Fondmort,Our vic and HI cloy would all hold thier own in the gold cup. With all the fancied horses that have pulled out of the gold cup and horses that were looking good at the start of the season i.e Ollie Mager ,Kingscliff and Lami have flattered to decive it dosent appear to be a really high class race.

Re: 2:35 Stronger race than the Gold Cup? i actually fancied Impek in the Gold Cup at 50's & was disappointed when it didnt take its chance. McCoy suggested this would be the best race for it & he is a good judge. Likewise Our Vic has dented our Jeffers hopes by running today & yes, it will be a decent race. I would suggest it isnt stronger than the Gold Cup more a reserve fixture! Could end up being one of the races of the festival although the Champion hurdle will take some beating for the way MCCoy condured up that mighty win.