Canbet $10,000 added tourney

GaF

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Canbet $10,000 added tourney Canbet is Boss Media I'm afraid......... Not sure what the "profile" of canbet customers is ........ It isn't in the lobby yet (and I'm guessing it won't be for a couple of weeks!!)

Re: Canbet $10,000 added tourney Only ever played one rebuy tournament and hated it. All-in city! Actually registered by mistake thinking it was a freezeout. :eyes But this is effectively a $3 buy-in for a $17,200 (max) prizepool. Could be worth a go. Good spot GaF. :ok

And which network is canbet part of?
Canbet is on........... Boss Media!

Re: Canbet $10,000 added tourney

Canbet is Boss Media I'm afraid......... Not sure what the "profile" of canbet customers is ........ It isn't in the lobby yet (and I'm guessing it won't be for a couple of weeks!!)
Its extremely likely I'm wrong, but I think that Canbet may not be Boss Media anymore... I had some newsletter hinting at it, although I didn't pay it enough attention. They were talking about users still being able to access the 'old' poker site. I'll see if its in my deleted items.

Re: Canbet $10,000 added tourney why hate rebuy tournaments?? and all in frenzy??? I like playing them. Just play a TAG game... When you got something hit it hard.. And take the others chips.. watch them rebuy, and then hit em hard again next time. :lol Last time i played re buy it was 3$ rebuy. 1500 starting chips.. At the first break i had 15000 chips.. And only played a few hands.. Winninng all ins against draws all the time... EASY.. :tongue2

Re: Canbet $10,000 added tourney I've just had an email about this and it appears it's not 1 rebuy and 1 add-on it's the usual unlimited rebuys within the first hour. :( Not for me then. March Madness $10,000 Added Tournament Details

Game:No Limit Hold'em
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Time:4 pm US EST, April 2
Starting Chips:2500
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Entry:$1 + 10 cents
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prizes:$10,000 added
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rebuys:Unlimited
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Add-on:One
Q. What is a Rebuy? A. In a Rebuy Tournament any time your chip stack is less than the starting chips you can choose to add a further 2500 chips for just $1.00. The Rebuy Period lasts for one hour. Q. What is an Add-on? A. At the end of the Rebuy period you have one last chance to add to your chip stack, again for just $1. No juice or rake is charged for the Rebuy or Add-on.

why hate rebuy tournaments?? and all in frenzy??? I like playing them. Just play a TAG game... When you got something hit it hard.. And take the others chips.. watch them rebuy, and then hit em hard again next time. :lol Last time i played re buy it was 3$ rebuy. 1500 starting chips.. At the first break i had 15000 chips.. And only played a few hands.. Winninng all ins against draws all the time... EASY.. :tongue2
Must agree with Cains here - I love re-buys!!:nana (I must add that I've never re-bought or added on) Just play strong hands and watch the stack build up. After the first hour the real poker begins but by then the muppets have given the prize money a healthy boost.:loon The tournies I participate in tend to pay the top 40 at least so it's not too diffficult to make the money! :ok

Re: Canbet $10,000 added tourney Add ons - I've never done it .......mainly because I don't know when it is worth doing and when not....... They had an interesting chat on poker Night Live last night about this ...... their (simple) recommendation was that an add on was worth it when it adds at least 33% to your stack - so if you have an add on of 2000, then it is worth doing if your stack is 6000 or less....... They did talk a little about the other factors you could consider in coming to a better decision - but the 33% rule of thumb looks a good practical starting point to me and I will try this in add on events from now on......

Re: Canbet $10,000 added tourney What's your thoughts on this? If you register for the tourney and thus get 2500 chips. Then sit out for an hour, then get the add on - you're probably looking at about 2500-3000 chips to start with when the 'real' poker starts. Is that not enough? Would the all in loons have about 15k by then?

Re: Canbet $10,000 added tourney Okay - My live experience :eyes is my ONLY real experience of rebuys but I think the principle should work the same. P-L and I budget for 1 buy in and 1 rebuy OR add-on. So for a £10 rebuy we have £20 each. This allows us to play or normal game with the confidence of knowing that if we lose we get 1 more chance, OR if our stack gets depleted we can use our add on. Some people play like this and others constantly rebuy - one guy boasted at rebuying 7 times, playing all night and profited for £80 by finishing in the money. The only tip I was given was the following; If the end of the rebuy period is close and you are short stacked then go all in with a decent hand to try and double up. If you fail you can rebuy AND get an add-on. If you succeed you save yourself the rebuy and add on as required (I have not used this strategy, nor do I plan too).

Re: Canbet $10,000 added tourney Hodgey - I would rather play (and play tight) than sit out - as a generally tight player, my ideal table is a loose one - and it doesn't get much looser than a cheap rebuy.... If you sit out - how many AA and KK etc are you folding? At a time when you are virtually guaranteed action........

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Canbet $10,000 added tourney I'm in a quiz league tonight but might be back for 9:30ish... think I'll register in case, worth the $1.10 risk given the prize fund. Username is JadedJ1, will someone remind me when I can't login please!! :)

I have just signed up, but have problems downloading the software. It says that it can not connect to server :sad :sad :sad :sad Anyone else with this problem??
I had to switch over to their new network this morning, but it was ok and I'm still logged in now. :unsure

Re: Canbet $10,000 added tourney Incredible value!!! Just 196 in at the moment ........ so prize fund of $10,196 - about $50 per player :loon I entered with $1 from freeroll winnings - think I'll make that deposit as this WILL be worth rebuying if the need arises!!!