Betfred $1 Million Guaranteed Tournament!

Valiant23

Spotted this on the Betfred banner above to be truthful.:D

It’s here – the UK’s biggest ever online Poker Tournament! Betfred Poker is proud to announce the launch of the Betfred Million – the UK’s biggest guaranteed Texas Hold’Em poker online tournament! The Betfred Million is a $1 million guaranteed Texas Hold’Em No-Limit poker tournament – giving poker players the chance to walk away with a sum of cash that can change anyone’s life! Fred Done, Founder and Chairman of Betfred, commented “Poker is the real growth area of my business and I want to give my customers the chance to take part in something special, with the chance to win big money.†Fred, who is famous for his early payout on Man United in 1998 and his £1 million wager on United v Chelsea in the 2004/2005 season, added “I always like to do something a bit different that will get the punters excited. I am taking a risk by guaranteeing a million dollars in prize money but that just adds to the buzz of the eventâ€.
  • Tournament start date – Monday 27th February 2006.
  • $1 million grand final date – Sunday 4th June 2006.
  • Multi Table Qualifiers run every day with weekly finals taking place on Fridays and Sundays – Buy–in from as little as $3 + $0.30. Plus single table qualifiers from as little as $2.50 +$0.25.
  • Sit‘n’go satellites run all–day every day right up until the main event. Simply choose the level that you want to play at and start playing.
  • Direct buy–in to the final is available at any time.
Daily Multi Table Qualifiers
  • 3 x MTQ – 1 in 10 qualify for Fridays Main Event Qualifier - $3 + $0.30 entry
  • 3 x MTQ – 1 in 20 qualify for Sundays Main Event Qualifier - $3 + $0.30 entry

Sit ‘N’ Go Satellites – Daily Qualifiers to Fridays Final Qualifier

• 12 Seat - $2.50 + $0.25 entry
  • 10 Seat - $3 + $0.30 entry
  • 5 Seat - $6 + $0.60 entry
  • 2 Seat - $15.00 + $1.50 entry
Sit ‘N’ Go Satellites – Daily Qualifiers to Sundays Final Qualifier
  • 12 Seat - $5 + $0.50 entry
  • 10 Seat - $6 + $0.60 entry
  • 5 Seat - $12 + $1.20 entry
  • 2 Seat - $30 + $3.00 entry

Friday Final Qualifier (Direct Buy-In $27.50 + $2.75)

• Every 1 in 40 qualify for main event
Sunday Final Qualifier (Direct Buy-In $55 + $5.50)
  • Every 1 in 20 qualify for main event

Sit‘n’go Qualifiers to main event

• 20 Seat Sit ‘N’ Go Satellites – entry $55 + $5.50
  • 10 Seat Satellite – entry $110 + $11
  • 5 Seat Satellite – entry $220 + $22
  • 2 Seat Satellite – entry $550 + $55

***Main Event Tournament – Buy-In $1,000 + $100***

Starts tomorrow!

Re: Betfred $1 Million Guaranteed Tournament! Dunno what to make of this. Party Poker completed a million dollar tournament on 18 February with another beckoning on 18 March. To buy into the main event is only (!!) $640 and pays out to 220th place. The catch is the number of entrants... a mere 1,820 poker players! Satellites are running with the smallest entry fee being $6 for the next $1m game. However, it looks like the freezeouts start at times when most Europeans would be in their kip. There's re-buy events that start earlier. Party Poker is by far the bigger skin so that goes some way to explaining how they can do it on a regular basis. It will be interesting to see the number of players that compete in the Betfred event.

Re: Betfred $1 Million Guaranteed Tournament! Laddies have their "Poker Million" running now as well..... Has to be said - a million dollars just isn't an "exceptional" prize any more :loon - when we talk of value it need to be considered in terms of number of entrants.......if Betfred get 1000 entrants in the main final (and I imagine it will attract big name pro players), then there is no added value to this........personally I'm more tempted by $1000 gtd where there is an overlay (and I've a greater chance of hitting the money!!!)