sp.gifAmes v Woods (19:01 GMT)4.501.27sp.gif101%
sp.gifAllenby v Choi (19:10 GMT)2.002.10sp.gif98%
sp.gifEls v Langer (19:19 GMT)1.433.30sp.gif101%
sp.gifCink v Weir (19:28 GMT)2.102.00sp.gif98%
sp.gifMcDowell v Singh (19:37 GMT)3.251.45sp.gif100%
sp.gifJiménez v Sabbatini (19:46 GMT)2.301.73sp.gif102%
sp.gifBroadhurst v Goosen (19:55 GMT)3.301.44sp.gif100%
sp.gifCrane v Leonard (20:04 GMT)2.261.75sp.gif102%

Re: Accenture Match Play Golf Huh, Woods as low as 1.18 to win the 1st rd match? Gimme a break, he is actually much stronger as the weekend proceeds and particulalry shaky in early rounds. I know he should win, but this is one of the worst long odds-on shots I have seen of late:(

Re: Accenture Match Play Golf I'm going to take 3 against the field. All have good previous form and all good matchplayers. 2pts ew C.Di Marco 33/1 General 1pt ew D.Love 66/1 Stan James 0.5pt ew I.Poulter 100/1 Stan James Poulter made the semis last year but he has a repeat of that semi in the 1st round here and a generally tough draw but it's 18 matchplay. Anything can happen really. Di Marco was runner up to David Toms last year and is a very good matchplayer as he proved in the Presidents Cup last year and Davis Love also has a good record in this event having made the final before. He's got a nice-ish draw too. Recent form could be a concern though.

Re: Accenture Match Play Golf

An early match bet for Wednesday. 10pts S.Appleby to beat T.Lehman 4/5 Paddy Power Appleby has started the season off well enough to suggest he'll see off Lehman in this. More to follow later.
I was going to go the other way on Lehman so I'm not sure where to go now :unsure . Lehman finished 7th at Riviera and 9 shots a head of Appleby? One bet that looked good to me was Bryant to bet Daly which was 5/6 but is now 4/6 just as I was about to bet on it :@ Daly is going through a crisis at the moment what with his wife in jail he missed the cut by a long way at Riviera. Bryant came 23rd at Nissan and had a top 10 at Mercedes Overall winner I'm Going on the on form Sabbatini e.w, he was awsome last week and think he will give me good value at 44/1

Re: Accenture Match Play Golf Going with players in decent form here and that leaves me with South African Rory Sabbatini who battled well in the final round of the Nissan Open to win the title and continue his fantastic run of form this season, a just reward for his efforts. He has a decent draw here and could come face to face with Vijay Singh in the 2nd round and he has every chance there as Vijay's not been on top of his game this season for me. After that he has every chance of making it to the last 4 where we'll get a return on our money. Rory Sabbatini 2pts each way @ 41.0 bet365 (1/4 odds 1234)

Re: Accenture Match Play Golf 2nd selection here is Englands Lee Westwood who had a good run last week in the Nissan Open and finished tied 5th. He'll need to improve on his driving as he only hit 35% of fairways in rounds 1 & 2 but showed his accuracy in Round 3 hitting an impressive 71%. He has the good length off the tee required here and has a tough draw with Phil Mickleson a potential opponent and Ernie Els but he can take heart from the fact that his game is suited to matchplay from his experiences in the Ryder Cup where he's done well. Lee Westwood 1pt each way @ 71.0 centrebet 1/4 odds 1234

Re: Accenture Match Play Golf my selections are: 2 pts e/w Toms 26 @ williamhill Won the tournament with a 6 & 5 win in the final over Di Marco. In the 4 years the event has been held at this course he has finished 1st, 2nd, t5th & t9th. He has also won the sony open this year and finish in top 20 in his other two events. D Clarke 2 pts e/w 34 @ williamhill Won this event in 2000, was 3rd in 2004 and t5th in 2003. He finsished 7th in his last outing in Dubai. Pettersson 1 pt e/w 126 @ tote He is in what looks to be the most open quarter with the likes of Vj, cabrera & perry not having a good record here. He has had two top 10 finishes this year including a 7th last week. In his previous outing here he was only narrowly beaten by tiger woods. 1st round selections: 7pts Bryant to bt Daly 1.74 @ pinnacle Bryant form is decent with a 23rd at Nissan and top 10 at Mercedes. He was twice a winner last year. Daly missed the cut by miles last week and withdrew the week before, his head is probably a mess with his family problems. 8pts O'Hern to bt Funk 1.62 @ pinnacle O'Hern is in good form with 6 top finishes in last 7 events. He has also finished 5th here in both his two appearances. Funk has never made it past the 1st round here in 6 attempts. 5 pts Lehman to bt Appleby 2.25 @ centrebet Appleby's form has been on the slide since the Mercedes and doesn't like the course, with only two 2nd round appearances to show on this course from its 4 outings. Lehman has had two top 10's in his last two outings.

Re: Accenture Match Play Golf Well no return for me this week in this competitiion with both Sabbatini & Westwood losing in round 1. Sabbatini started well too. Good luck for those still with an interest. Tiger looked rather impressive in destroying Stephen Ames, bet Ames wished he'd kept his mouth shut now!

Re: Accenture Match Play Golf I have a shortlist drawn up looking up on the monday/tuesday each week looking at current form & past form. I have a quick read of one or two sites such as the Racing post to see if they agree with my thoughts. I was aware of Daly's problems but was a bit hesitant on Bryant being his first time in the event so on the course. In reflection the price especially when shortened from 1.83 was too skinny to take! I was also torn between going for Clarke & Donald who were on my shortlist but were both in the same quarter so was only going for one of them. Sided with Clarke in the end which as it happens was one of the Racing post's picks. Should really have taken Donald looking at current form and more recent form i.e. last years. I didn't see any of the action yesterday so am trying to get a breakdown of the scores each player shot as a guide. the offical site which gives a breakdown is http://www.worldgolfchampionships.com/scoring/r470 though you have to add up each players round. So tiger birdied his 1st 6 holes and the 8th in the 10 holes played and looks like will take some beating. I need to stop dithering and take the prices quicker. For example Nick O'Hern was 80/1 @ stanjames outright but missed out and was cut to best price 50/1 so didn't back him. Think I may end up backing him in each round instead. I have noticed the prices shorten very quickly after the racing post tips them, they must have a lot of followers. A good start to this year but I think they had about a 90 pt loss last year.

Re: Accenture Match Play Golf A couple of value selections for today: 5pts katayma to bt Montgomery 2.25 @ betdirect For their 1st round matches, Katayama went round in about level par, while Monty went around about 5 over for the first 18 holes so was lucky to progress. He also played 5 extra holes so he might be a bit tired for the 2nd round today, so Katayama looks the value selection. 5pts Lehman to bt A Scott 2.46 @ pinnacle This looks a good price seeing as Lehman played solid golf and didn't bogey any holes in his first round match. Scott played inconsistently in his 1st round match making 4 bogeys, with his round equating to a one over score.

Re: Accenture Match Play Golf

Huh' date=' Woods as low as 1.18 to win the 1st rd match? Gimme a break, he is actually much stronger as the weekend proceeds and particulalry shaky in early rounds. I know he should win, but this is one of the worst long odds-on shots I have seen of late:([/quote']That 1/10 looked pretty tasty after the first couple fo holes. Should have been 10& 8 to Woods, dosen't get any better than that. Enough to scare the dung out of the oppo?, probably. Woods should go close. Dark horse EW, N O'Hern.

Re: Accenture Match Play Golf Allenby ran him close but didnt have the composure to finish him off, Woods is always strong in a playoff/shootout. Toms, Weir and Donald are all through to the next round allthough Donald may have the most difficult draw of the 3 playing an in form Goosen. I'll cross my fingers. Play on players :D

Re: Accenture Match Play Golf Yes, couple of good bets Nick! Welcome Penguin, were a small band of Golf followers but keen and all have a point of view which we share, encourage and never ridicule. We all know it can be a funny game and at most times a difficult one to predict but the good days make up for the hard graft that goes in. Look forward to your views mate. BH

Re: Accenture Match Play Golf The two guys that impressed me most yesterday were Harrington and Donald. Donald is in cruise control at the momment, Harrington had to play out of his skin to peg back Cabrera-it would have been a worthy final. I think these two players will continue on and suggest a small double on them tonight in their two balls and perhaps Mike Weir for the treble for those brave enough. I think Luke Donald could well make the final. He's on the right side of the draw, LD EW 16/1.

Re: Accenture Match Play Golf I thought about Howell & Harrington as they are both playing well and are capable of causing upsets, both priced at around 2.5. Donald if he can make it pass goosen has a good chance of reaching the final. These are my two picks for now for round 3: 5pts Donald to bt Goosen 2.16 @ betfair Donald made 6 birdies and no dropped shots in his 2nd round victory. Goosen made 6 bordies and a couple of dropped shots in his 2nd round over Crane. Donald is in good form with a 7th & 12th in his last two events, so at odds against looks a good bet. 5pts Oglivy to bt Weir 2.16 @ betfair This is Oglivy's first time in the event but he is playing well and made 7 birdies in his 2nd round win against O'Hern. Weir made a slow start in his 2nd round match and didn't pick up any birdies until the back 9 and his 18 hole round only equated to a 71.

Re: Accenture Match Play Golf Lucky for me Weir bottled it! 4 up with 4 holes to play Weir was up. Shocks galore with Goosen the only higher seeded player to win through in the 8 matches. Haven't got any picks for the QF's, but if you blindy back all the outsiders then I think you will end up in profit.