** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Thunder 6paks

ThePro19

I have found a new STT on betfair, and presumably on all cryptologic sites. It's a THUNDER 6PAK. 6 players, but blinds go up every 6 hands. Furthermore, you only have about 12 seconds to act. Now I really like the idea of that... nice quick games, you don't fall asleep waiting for someone to time-out. Having said that, play was too loose and I ended up drowning on the river. Had J7 on BB, flop came J78. I bet minimum, got a caller and a raiser, we both called. Next card A. Decided I didn't want to see any more cards, so I went all-in. One folded, previous raiser thought about it and eventually called with QJ. And coming down the river in a boat was his Q. Do I like the thunder games? No. Play was too loose. And I felt others played because they never had time to figure out what they really wanted to do. But I personally did like the less thinking time. I don't think there is any need for 25-30 seconds. All that said, I think I will be sticking to the ordinary 6paks. If anyone else tries them, let me know what you think.

Re: Thunder 6paks Totally agree, waste of money, far too loose. It took me a while to get to grips with the normal 6packs, these will just ruin your game, try moving from one to a normal 10stt, its like time slowed down. I think these are just another quicker way for cryptologic to have player turnover, sooner betfair move to their own network (I beleive this year) the better.

Re: Thunder 6paks

sooner betfair move to their own network (I beleive this year) the better.
Never knew that. I quite like the Betfair/Cryptologic setup and game play. But at least Betfair will have control of what games they want to put on. I remember they had 10p STT's when no other Cryptologic site did. And they only took 10% entry fee for the cheaper games when others were taking 20% as they all are now. I guess Betfair had to fold to peer pressure on that one.