** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Kotp's Placepot Placers

Dave E

Ok so here we go Day 1 of this Trial where I believe that by instead of doing the placepot and finding 1 or 2 letting me down as per usual , I will instead just back my selections to be placed and see whether its a profitable theory or not. Meeting :- Taunton (5pts To Place @ 3.85 Betfair/ 3rd :- Plus 14.25 Race 1:- It's My Party :- Previous bumper winner who produced a solid second in a similar seller here wearing a visor back in December. Looked on good terms with himself when chasing home Sunley Future last time out and is entitled to close gap on these terms. (5pts To Place @ 1.65 Betfair/ 4th :- Minus 5.00 Race 2:- Blushing Bull :- Has been dropped down 5 Grades after a dissapointing 8th last time out, ground and trip probably against him that day and is back over his favoured trip and going. Nicholls won this last year with Were In Touch and is obviously hoping to win this race again this year with two runners in a small eight runner field. Blushing Bull seems to be the one to be on with talented jockey Christian Williams taking the ride. (5pts To Place @ 1.73 Betfair/Still Running Minus 5.00 Race 3:- Ladino :- Richard Johnson on board for Ladino's UK Racing debut. Won three races when campaigned on Flat in Germany and shouldn´t have any trouble with trip or the ground on this hurdling debut for a top yard. Has reportedly ´done everything asked of him´ in preparations for this race and has a realistic opportunity if finding some fluency. I'm quietly confident that Ladino's reputation of Stable & Jockey combination will see him start this race as Favourite, if that happens then I am even more confident this horse will finish in the prize money as recent stats show the Favourite has never been unplaced in this races 10yr history. (5pts To Place @ 1.55 Betfair/ 2nd Plus 2.75 Race 4:- Sakenos :- Holds a Supreme Novices entry and ran well last time out in decent company finishing 5th to the well respected Kalmini. Lot less on his plate today and is expected to run a good race, Richard Johnson takes the ride. (5pts To Place @ 3.40 Betfair/ 4th Minus 5.00 Race 5:- Treasuler :- Runner-up in handicaps over 3m1f at Wincanton on two of last three starts, not disgraced when third over course and distance time before that, has never scored under Rules and looks more exposed than some of these, but should be thereabouts. (5pts To Place @ 2.42 Betfair/ Still Running Minus 5.00 Race 6:- Samandara :- Flat winner in France and has shown more than enough to land a race over hurdles, not least when looking the likely winner for a long time before caught on the run-in latest. Today´s trip should suit and appears versatile with regards to the ground. Total Stakes :- 30pts Todays Loss :- 20pts Todays Profit :-17pts Overall Profit/Loss = -3pts *Had to make a slight ammendment with 1st Race as i calculated it wrong*

Re: Kotp's Placepot Placers

thats a corking start at 3.85. I take it we don`t want them all to place though :unsure ;) . This trial is when we like the usually dreaded 1 to let us down.:tongue2 yeah ??
No doubt Will be in the last race as well :eyes :hope

Re: Kotp's Placepot Placers Meeting :- Uttoxeter (5pts Place @ 1.26 Betfair) Race 1 :- Five Colours NR ran over at Haydock :- Missed last year but much improved form on his second hurdle run when winning on soft last month by 10 Lengths and solid effort in defeat under a penalty last time. Definitely the one to beat if handling this ground. (5pts Place @ 1.33 Betfair) Race 1 :- Major Catch :ok (2nd):- Have had to change my original selection due to the Horse running at Haydock, have opted for Major Catch who in my opinion was the danger to my original selection. (5pts Place @ 2.88 Betfair) Race 2 :- Blackthorn :( (4th):- A very tough race to find a reliable horse, but Blackthorn has already won over this Distance and will relish the testing conditions and should be thereabouts. (5pts Place @ 1.83 Betfair) Race 3 :- Hoh Viss :( (5th):- A progressive sort and turned in his best run to beat Euro American (creditable run from 5lb higher mark yesterday) in well run race at Southwell last time, Hoh Viss had previously won over C&D in heavy ground and although up 7lb, has strong claims. (5pts Place @ 1.55 Betfair) Race 4 :- Nine De Sivola :( (5th) :- Won extremely well at warwick last time out, had Dream Falcon in 4th and is weighted to confirm the placing with this one today. Acts on the ground and will have no problems at the trip , barring any mishaps i really can't see this horse out of the prize money today. (5pts Place @ 3.00 Betfair) Race 5 :- Be My Better Half :( (4th) :- All wins have been in heavy ground and showed the right attitude when beating Better Days with more in hand than winning margin suggests at Carlisle on penultimate start. Showed he was as good going this way round when second at Lingfield last time and longer trip will suit. In these conditions you need a strong jockey to get a Horse home and theres no one better in the game than Mr MCoy for that has a big chance. (5pts Place @ 2.06 Betfair) Race 6 :- Trust Fund :wall (Fell) :- An extremely difficult race to finish with and not many of these could be trusted by any means. Trust Fund is a previous Course Winner and won't find the ground a problem, if he puts his best foot forward he could run a big race, but that's a very big IF indeed. Todays Stakes :- 30pts Todays Loss:- 25pts Todays Profit :- 1.65pts Overall Profit/Loss = -26.35 Bad Day Today :sad

Re: Kotp's Placepot Placers Meeting :- Towcester (5pts Place @ 2.7 Betfair) Race 1 : Graceful Dancer (4th) :ok - Unseated jockey last time out over fences when badly hampered at the 9th , reverts back to Hurdles today and won at this track over an extended half furlong on Boxing Day very easily. Has an apprentice on board today taking off a valuable five pounds and should run a good race. (5pts Place @ 2.5 Betfair) Race 2 : Watermouse (unpl) :( - Hasn't been seen for on a racecourse for 824 Days when he won a similar race as todays on good to soft ground by a short head. Obvious question marks as to whether he is fit enough today but will relish the Soft ground conditions and has an apprentice taking a massive Ten Pounds of his back. If fit fully expect him to feature in the finish. (5pts Place @ 1.71 Betfair) Race 3 : The Outlier (1st) :ok - Won a similar event at Folkestone last time out by six lengths and won't have any problems with the trip or ground today. Slight question mark about his jumping, but is expected to go round unscathed and should run a good race. (5pts Place @ 1.12 Betfair) Race 4 : Gardasee (2nd) :ok - Has won Three of his last Five starts, the latest two being over testing ground and won't have any problems with the conditions today. Is up eight pounds for his recent victory but is expected to be in the prize money today. (5pts Place @ 1.71 Betfair) Race 5 : Supreme Toss (3rd) :ok - Is running off a mark of 136 today, but won in style two races back off 137 winning by 14 Lengths. Is the class act in this race and is expected to see off his rivals today. (5pts Place @ 2.10 Betfair) Race 6 : Shirley Hunt (unpl) :( - The stable won this race last year and the significant booking of R.Johson confirms their intentions today. Word from the yard is that the horse has been working extremely well and will run a big race. Todays Stakes :- 30pts Todays Loss :- 10pts Todays Profit :- 12.65 Overall Profit/Loss = - 21.60 Bit Better Today :ok

Re: Kotp's Placepot Placers Meeting :- Wolverhampton (5pts Place @ 3.9 Betfair) Race 1 :- Muktasb (2nd) :ok - Still a maiden after 18 Starts and usualy finds one or two just too good, although has been running well despite not winning and it certainly won't be long before he picks up a race like this with his fast finishing late runs. (5pts Place @ 2.52 Betfair) Race 2 :- Glenargo (3rd) :ok - Has been finishing well running over 6 Furlongs and this step upto 7 Furlongs should see this horse in the money. (5pts Place @ 2.08 Betfair) Race 3 :- Legacy (unpl) :eyes - Got hampered last time out when going extremely well and R.Winston will be hoping to make up for getting involved in traffic problems last time out by getting this horse in the prize money. (5pts Place @ 2.32 Betfair) Race 4 :- Dagola (unpl) :eyes - Another horse who has been running on well at the death and has only just failed to get up, another good run is expected. (5pts Place @ 1.69 Betfair) Race 5 :- Basinet (1st) :ok - Placed in all 3 starts this Season and had all but the winner beat in the last race at lingfield last time out, is expected to run a big race. (5pts Place @ 2.88 Betfair) Race 6 :- Zaffeu (2nd) :ok - Back at his best trip after failing to stay 2 miles last time out, has been a consistent performer for connections and should be involved in the finish. Todays Stakes :- 30pts Todays Loss :- 10pts Todays Profit :- 34.95 Overall Profit/Loss = +3.35 Much more like it :ok

Re: Kotp's Placepot Placers Meeting :- Sedgfield (5pts Place @ 1.50 Betfair) Race 1 :- Unexplored (unpl) :( - Has fallen twice in his last two starts when in a very good position. Obviously his jumping is a slight worry, but with Graham Lee on board i'm confident he can get this Horse round unscathed and be involved in the finish. (5pts Place @ 1.53 Betfair) Race 2 :- Third Empire (2nd) :ok - Has won a Flat Race on the Soft , so will have no problems with the ground today. Stayed on at one pace in the last race half a furlong shorter than today , but im confident this Horse will be involved in the finish as this really isn't a strong line up at all. (5pts Place @ 2.12 Betfair) Race 3 :- Bellany Jewel (3rd) :ok - Won on Soft going over Hurdles back in April last year so has no worries about the ground today. Hasn't run well of late but that could be due to the face this Horse needs a demanding surface to shine. Graham Lee onboard and should guide this one round and be involved in the finish. (5pts Place @ 2.30 Betfair) Race 4 :- Bang and Blame (4th):( - Has a great partnership with todays jockey and will relish todays testing conditions. In such a long race on this sort of ground you need a Horse with a big heart and Band and Blame just doesn't know when to give up. Is a previous course and distance winner and I fully expect this Horse to win this race. (5pts Place @ 2.58 Betfair) Race 5 :- San Piere(3rd) :ok - Won extremely well last time out handing a Six Length beating to Letitia's Loss and I fully expect him to confirm the placings despite being Six Pounds worse off in the weights. Is a previous Course and Distance winner and will love todays testing conditions. (5pts Place @ 4.00 Betfair) Race 6 :- Queenies Girl (3rd) :ok - This race only has 1 Winner which is the Favourite , but I'm not gonna touch it at the price its trading at so we will have a dabble with one of the others and although there isn't much form to look at i'm gonna take a chance with Queenies Girl as she has provided some sort of place form in the past over Points. Todays Stakes :- 30pts Todays Loss :- 10pts Todays Profit :- 31.15 Overall Profit/Loss = +24.50

Re: Kotp's Placepot Placers Meeting :- Southwell (5pts to Place @ 1.77 Betfair) Race 1 :- Succeed (2nd) :ok - Making his Fibresand Debut today and has always found one or two just too good for him in recent runnings. Today he runs off a very favourable weight with an apprentice taking a further Five Pounds off his back, i'm confident that Succeed will live up to his namesake today and Succeed in getting involved in the prize money. (5pts to Place @ 3.25 Betfair) Race 2 :- Inaminute (unp) :eyes - Has been running over Seven Furlongs recently with the last outing over a Mile but is running today over Six Furlongs which to me suggests that they have been running this over the longer distances to build Stanima. I expect Inaminute to burst out of the Stalls and be pushed clear with a couple of furlongs to go, the question is will he stay or will he get swallowed up at the death? Only time will tell but i expect inaminute to be involved in the finish today. (5pts to Place @ 2.78 Betfair) Race 3 :- Nepro (unp) :eyes - Has been running well over Five Furlongs in Spain, made his UK Debut at this track last week when running well to finish Second. Is stepped up a furlong today which should be in his favour and is expected to run well. (5pts to Place @ 1.24 Betfair) Race 4 :- Moon Shot (unp) :eyes - Was beaten Six Lengths last time out, but that was over Two Furlongs longer than today and all his best work has been run over todays distance. Is a game horse who will be pushing anyone around him all the way to the finishing line and is expected to finish in the prize money positions today. (5pts to Place @ 2.06 Betfair) Race 5 :- Soveriegn Spirit (unp) :eyes - Up another Three Pound for winning well last time out at Wolverhampton. Has already won here but over Two Furlongs shorter than todays trip, but is a genuine sort who has been running very well this season and should run his usual honest race. (5pts to Place @ 3.55 Betfair) Race 6 :- Golden Square (unp) :eyes - An interesting race to finish with and a lot of good chances. Golden Square is a difficult horse to catch right, but when last seen over this trip he won well and is well weighted to run another big race today if he is in the mood. At this price a chance must be taken on him. Todays Stakes :- 30pts Todays Loss :- 25 Todays Profit :- 3.35 Overall Profit/Loss = +2.85

Re: Kotp's Placepot Placers

Do you put them in an EW accumulator as well' date=' or just back each to place?[/quote'] Nah no EW Accumalator mate , just each to place. Basicly i'm testing out a theory where i believe that by backing each horse to just place instead of putting them all in a placepot and then come 5pm i find out one or two have let me down, I will in fact prove to myself that there is profit to be made by doing this rather than my usual placepot and so far it seems to be working although its still very early days. :ok

Re: Kotp's Placepot Placers Meeting :- Leicester (5pts to Place @ 1.21 Betfair) Race 1 :- The Local (1st) :ok - Will be suited by the testing conditions and is quietly fancied to run a big race here. Is a proven front runner who's only danger today seems to be Give me love and it will probably be these two that fight out the finish. (5pts to Place @ 1.93 Betfair) Race 2 :- Merry Storm (4th) :wall - Was seven lengths clear before running out when last seen in a class 4 race, but has run well since winning two of his last three starts. Good ground was against him latest but he still ran a very good race finishing third. Today he has his more favourable soft conditions and should be involved in the finish here today. (5pts to Place @ 2.06 Betfair) Race 3 :- It's a Cracker (pu)- Last raced nearly two years ago and was never really a factor in any of the races he competed in then. What is an interesting fact to me is the significance of the two year gap and the race he has been chosen to run in since his long lay off. There are obvious question marks about every horse in the race and I feel with the guidance of T. Murphy our selection could run a big race. (5pts to Place @ 2.24 Betfair)Race 4 :- Predestine (fell)- Another race where there are obvious question marks about each horse but I will opt for K Baileys horse here who has run decent races on testing ground in the past and should be up with the pace throughout. (5pts to Place @ 1.25 Betfair) Race 5 :- Reflected Glory (2nd) - Stays and jumps well and has put up very good performances in all of his races to date so far. Was well beaten last time out in a hot contest but is back in more suitable company today and is expected to be involved in the finish. (5pts to Place @ 1.52 Betfair) Race 6 :- Reasonably Sure (3rd)- Ran extremely well last time out in testing conditions and is expected to be thereabouts in the finish today. Is still only a young horse and has scope for improvement. Todays Stakes :- 30pts Todays Loss :- 15 Todays Profit :- 4.9 Overall Profit/Loss = -7.25

Re: Kotp's Placepot Placers Todays Meeting - Southwell (5pts To Place @ 2.06 Betfair) Race 1 - Pawn In Life (unpl)- Has won 7 times in his career, 6 of those at this track, so obviously has a liking to this track and surface. Is running off the same mark as when winning here last Thursday and has a good draw. Is expected to be involved in the finish. (5pts To Place @ 1.88 Betfair) Race 2 - Byo (unpl) - Has a plum draw in stall 1 and has proved that he can handle this distance in the past. Obviously has the Hot Favourite to beat, but solid place claims on recent evidence and 1.88 is very good value in my opinion. (5pts To Place @ 1.65 Betfair) Race 3 - Princess Society (unpl) - Found the extended mile a little on the sharp side last time out but stayed on to take a place that day. Todays trip looks a lot more appealing to this horse and is expected to run well for connections. (5pts To Place @ 2.96 Betfair) Race 4 - High Frequency (unpl) - Was held up and found all kinds of traffic problems last time out, the race before was much more of an indicator that this sort of distance would be ideal and looks certain to be involved in the finish. (5pts To Place @ 1.80 Betfair) Race 5 - Stonecrabtomorrow (2nd) - Won nicely last time out and is still on a very favourable mark. J.Fanning is again in the saddle for todays ride and has a plum draw in stall 1. P.Cole boasts an extremely impressive record on the All Weather Tracks most notably a 40% Strike rate for this season already. Stonecrabtomorrow is expected to run a big race and 1.80 really is a very generous price for a place. (5pts To Place @ 1.76 Betfair) Race 6 - Blushing Theif - (1st) Drop to 6 Furlongs looks ideal based on previous efforts over longer and with the capable R.Winston on board is expected to run a big race. Todays Stakes :- 30pts Todays Loss :- 20 Todays Profit :- 7.8 Overall Profit/Loss = -19.45

Re: Kotp's Placepot Placers Meeting :- Hereford (5pts to Place @ 2.06 Betfair) Race 1 :- Royal Neice (3rd) :ok - Ran well last time out at Taunton when staying on well to take 2nd (Beaten 2 & Half Lengths). Will relish the ground and distance today and the Horse runs well with todays jockey on board. (5pts to Place @ 1.32 Betfair) Race 2 :- The Wifes Sister (unpl)- Won very convincingly last time out, had Native Commander (Runs Again Today) 8 Lengths back in 2nd that race and should confirm the placings again here today. (5pts to Place @ 1.10 Betfair) Race 3 :- Amicelli (1st) :ok - Prolific Winner over the smaller obstacles and would of been a lot closer than the 5 Lengths he was beat by last time but for a terrible blunder three out. Should find this a lot easier and is the one they all have to beat. (5pts to Place @ 1.33 Betfair) Race 3 :- Oscatello (1st) :ok - Found Temion too good at Sandown last time out, winner has since franked the form by winning again and Oscatello is expected to run a big race here. Back in Novice company and down to Class 4 should have no problems being involved in the finish here today. (5pts to Place @ 2.60 Betfair) Race 4 :- Jupon Vert (2nd) :ok- Consistent sort who has finished in the money the last 4 times although has always found one or two just too good. With question marks about his main rivals today, I will play it safe and hope that young Scudamore can bring this one home in the prize money places again. (5pts to Place @ 2.08 Betfair) Race 5 :- Annemix (Fell at Last) :wall - Won in very good style in his debut run in Britain and even though he has rose in the weights and this race is over slightly longer, there was enough in the tank to believe that he could take a race like this. (5pts to Place @ 1.70 Betfair) Race 6 :- Classi Maureen (unpl) - Difficult race to end with and im going to take a chance on Classi Maureen who has been running very well in recent Points. If handling the Fences should run a big race and be involved in the finish. Seems i added too many races for the Placepot :rollin Last one won't count.

• Todays Stakes :- 30pts
  • Todays Loss :- 10pts
  • Todays Profit :-15.45
  • Overall Profit/Loss = -14.00

Re: Kotp's Placepot Placers Meeting :- Towcester (5pts to Place @ 2.18 Betfair) Race 1 :- Avanti Tiger - With all the Rain we've had over the past couple of days the Ground is going to be very testing indeed. With Avanti Tiger carrying such a low weight and his Jockey taking off a further 8 pounds and with the Horse known to stay longer than todays distance it all bodes well for a decent bet in my opinion. (5pts to Place @ 2.16 Betfair) Race 2 :- Tribal Dancer - Venitia Williams has only brought 2 Horses to the meeting today and Tribal Dancer should get the trainer off to a good start here. Having ran well previously off todays mark and now dropped down to a Class 5, Tribal Dancer will have no problems with the testing conditions and should be there or there abouts in the finish. (5pts to Place @ 1.51 Betfair) Race 3 :- Speed Venture - Trainers only Horse at the meeting and looking for a 3 Timer today having won his last 2 Races very well. Has gone up in the weights due to his recent victories but is still on a handy mark and will have no problems with the testing conditions and is expected to be involved in the finish today. (5pts to Place @ 2.86 Betfair) Race 4 :- Terivic - Previous winner at the course and ran well last time out when beaten by The Outlier. Goes up against a stable mate of The Outliers today in Lord Olympia and has that one to beat, but goes on todays ground and is best over this distance and with J.P.McNamara onboard Terivic should be involved in the finish here today at a nice price. (5pts to Place @ 1.56 Betfair) Race 5 :- Philomena - Has been brought a fair distance today for this race (171 Miles). Stayed on resoloutely last time on his reappearance (not seen for 665 Days) and that run should have him spot on for todays race and is expected to give the Fav most to do. (5pts to Place @ 1.33 Betfair) Race 6 :- Paddy for Paddy - Thorough stayer and will go extremely well in todays conditions and should reverse last years placings with Denvale with an 8 Pound pull.

• Todays Stakes :- 30pts
  • Todays Loss :-
  • Todays Profit :-
  • Overall Profit/Loss = -14.00