** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

small time players on betfair poker

stevie-p

i play poker on betfair poker for fun and play mostly £5 stt's and mtt's. i have done this since betfair started and am quite happy to play here as i like the forum etc. i havent got too bothered when the site is crashing all the time etc. this is about the only site i really play at. so my point is i have been looking at other sites and the offers they have... i.e. rakeback, action points, freerolls, leaderboards etc etc. now these bonuses are open to all players and obviously the more you play the more rewards you get. but the principal is the same ...play our site and we will reward you. now i got to thinking that as i play betfair mostly they should have a bonus for this. so after reading about rakeback etc i felt tis was a reasonable place to start with betfair....so i emailed them asking about this....i got a reply ..... Dear stephen Thank you for your e-mail. Your current level of play does not enable us to offer you a rakeback deal at this time. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further enquiries. Kind regards Paul Cave now i got a bit annoyed at this curt reply. one is that it doesnt matter what stakes i play ...maybe they are not making thousands off me in rake but they equally wouldnt have much to pay back either ... also every other site has a sheme in place which includes all players ...if you pay more rake you can gather more points etc to enter private games etc. basically i am now of the belief that betfair poker has no interest in the casual player who are the basis of the sucess of online poker and are only interested in rewarding the high rollers. i dont like this attitude. AM I RIGHT TO FEEL LIKE THIS? HOW DO PEOPLE FEEL THAT THEY DONT GET REWARD POINTS ETC LIKE OTHER SITES? HAS ANYONE STOPPED PLAYING ON BETFAIR BECAUSE OF THIS?

Re: small time players on betfair poker Must admit that I have some reservations on playing on Betfair because of the lack of points - the £5 STTs and MTTs are, I believe, shared with Will Hill and Littlewoods so one way of showing your disdain is to get an id on one of those and continue to play in the same games (not sure what the rewards are like on these two I must check!).

Re: small time players on betfair poker yeah when playing cash games you do get some points but they are not much use to a stt or mtt player. i play very little cash and the points dont work for stt mtt. if you gather 50 points you get £1. this is a scheme to get players off the stt and mtt tables and onto cash tables which are more of a money spinner. i am talking specifially about stt and mtt as these are what i play

Re: small time players on betfair poker Steve - I don't believe any site offer anything for playing STT's or MTT's. That is all I play (very, very rarely play cash games) and I have never got any sort of reward points anywhere. Like you, I don't agree with it because we are paying an entry fee which goes into their pockets, so why shouldn't we get something back too... but unfortunately, I think you're flogging a dead horse. Having said that, if you're doing a petition and want my signature, put me on.

Re: small time players on betfair poker Sorry Hedonist, I stand corrected if the sites you mentioned in the other post do offer reward incentives for tourney players. None of the sites I've played (except for Littlewoods some time ago, but I think they may have stopped it now) offer any sort of rewards to the tournament player.

Re: small time players on betfair poker You can add Poker4ever to my earlier list according to the thread on that site above. I know poker.com give you 10 points for every $2 + .20 sit and go, this works out that if you play 15 of them you pay $30 entry and $3 commision and get $1 back based on their first deposit bonus. Not much but more than most sites.

Re: small time players on betfair poker I must admit I still love the Betfair site...mainly for the massive liquidity on the betting side. However there were loads of complaints when they increased the fee for small stakes poker stt to 20% from 10% {20p for a £1 game and $1 for a $5 game}. This just seems to penalise the smaller stakes players. There are plans for Betfair to launch their own poker site next year, so we'll see then if they want the small players or not. They are one of the few that do not run regular freerolls too.