Davis Cup 1st Round 10th-12th February

Re: Davis Cup 1st Round 10th-12th February BRYAN/BRYAN 3-0 and GONZALEZ/MASSU @ 2.54 Stan James 2pts Nice price for the double here I feel. Bryan/Bryan v Pavel/Hanescu The US need this with the problems that Roddick has. I expect the Bryans to be ruthless and should take this 3-0. I'm surprised at the price of 1.91 given that they are 1.07 for the match. Pavel/Hanescu aren't much of a team, Pavel usually plays with Trifu. The only time these two have had any success has been in a challenger in Romania. What can you say about the Bryans? They are total class and should could through this with ease. These 4 have actually played before, in the 1st round of the Australian Open this year and the Bryans won 6-1 6-4. I expect this to be very comfortable. Gonzalez/Massu v Hrbaty/Mertinek The Chileans showed a new way to play doubles in the Olympics in 2004 and they've kicked some ass since then too - including semis of Roland Garros last year. With a lot of home support they should be able to wrap this tie up today. Hrbaty and Mertinek don't like this surface and aren't a great team anyway. Hrbatys plays a little doubles but to be honest he isn't very good:D. All the seasons for opposing Hrbaty yesterday still apply and I'm happy to take the 1.33 on the Chileans and make up this double.

Re: Davis Cup 1st Round 10th-12th February PIERCE v Mauresmo @ 2.49 Pinnacle 2pts I'm willing to give Pierce a go in this one. I know I opposed her yesterday but I thought she played very well and had a clearly defined gameplan that worked perfectly (after a slow start). Mauresmo was average for a lot of the game against Golovin - and more importantly she looked very nervy which must surely be worse today. H2H is 5-4 to Mauresmo but to be honest it's very tight, as I expect this match to be so the value lies with Pierce.