** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

8yr old handicap chases

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 8yr old handicap chases For anybody who looks at this thread I've decided to carry on with it,but with a new version of it. The system is 90% the same as before and all horses qualify no matter how many in a race providing they meet all system stats.The main differance being that no horse that finnished 1st LTO will be considered,the SPs can be anything up to 25/1 but must not be Fav. This will be updated the night before or the day of racing by me. If the past stats are any thing to go by we should have at least 125% roi. All bets and p/loss will be calculated to 1pt WIN 1/2PT EW no matter what price (2PTS PER HORSE).Any past results will not count and the new version will start on FRIDAY 10TH MARCH AND ONLY 24 COURSES WILL BE USED. If the site is not updated the NIGHT before or before NOON on the day of racing you no their are no bets for that day,I will do my best to do it the night before. FRIDAY 10TH NO RUNNERS THE % MAN

Re: 8yr old handicap chases Hi there % Was reading over your system and use a similar tactic myself sometimes in the irish racing. Had one qualifier today in steel band so got the forecast up with strong project. Was just thinking about your problem of which horse to put up in a race where several qualify. Well in an 8 to 11 runner handicap race i would suggest the 7/1 shot and in races over this number up to 20 runners i would suggest the 14/ 1 shot. Just a thought.

Re: 8yr old handicap chases I also found that 8YR OLDS have done well in Irish racing and had some nice winners. The trouble with any system for me is you've to abide by the rules, the stats take into account races with more than 1 runner and in the past only a very small number have more than three. One of the other things was i did not join the forum until the end of Jan and missed a few months of selections. I can assure you this as not had a losing year since 1997 backing all the system picks and the ROI OF 125% which I quoted in POST 62 IS A VERY LOW ESTIMATE. The new version is only likely to throw up 10 to 12 races per month. Thanks for your comments numenorean and the best SPs from the system are between 5/1 to 10/1 with good s/rates for those odds. THE % MAN .

Re: 8yr old handicap chases THE LAST THREE HAVE LOST -6pts BANK +9.5PTS FRI 17TH FAKENHAN. CARIBEAN COVE AND ROCKERY LAD 3.30F Their is also another 8yr old in this race (new perk) who has won its last 4 races at this track but is not a system horse so care should be taken if having a go on the 2 mentioned. THE % MAN

Re: 8yr old handicap chases THE GOING AT ALL THE COURSES TODAY I5 HEAVY SO THE SYSTEM DOES NOT APPLY IN THESE CONDITIONS AND THE ONES BELOW ARE 8YR OLDS THAT MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE UTTOX 2.55 BARON WINDRUSH (won on soft) 2.55 CONTROL MAN (won on HEAVY )worth an EW bet. 4.30 PRECIOUS BANE (won on soft) 4.30 ROWLEY HILL (won on soft) WETHERBY 4.25 KAUSSE DE THAIX (won on soft) These are not system horses as I said before but I do think they are worth having a look at. THE % MAN

Re: 8yr old handicap chases np, I wouldn't normally comment, I think it was because the meet was abandoned and I ended up going all around looking for the horse... I realise your a busy man, so no pressure or anything, but when do you reckon you'll next have time to publish the running stats for this system?

Re: 8yr old handicap chases

np, I wouldn't normally comment, I think it was because the meet was abandoned and I ended up going all around looking for the horse... I realise your a busy man, so no pressure or anything, but when do you reckon you'll next have time to publish the running stats for this system?
This is really the only system thats giving me a problem as for some reason this year their have been a lot of races called off and when racing as gone ahead to many qulifiers, which as not been as bad in the past. I will be having a good look at the system over this weekend and see if it can be improved. When you do a system like this with no real stats to pin it down to 1 horse per/race it can become frustrating, today for instance if Newc had gone ahead there were 5 qulifiers in 1 race that met the system requirements so no real point of putting them up even if it gave the winner. Also as the stats for this system stand now their will be no qulifiers for April anyway. If you look in your private messages tonight you will find something of interest for you personally. THE % MAN

Re: 8yr old handicap chases ok cool :) You run a load of systems don't you, %man? well, if you run them in Excel and if its any help I am a certified Excel expert, I'd be happy to help you guys with your spreadsheet problems, and I'm capable of pulling off some quite advanced tricks. Admittedly I was an expert in XL97, but few things have changed since then. I've moved to .NET programming these days, and so have kept my hand in on the office OM, so if I can be any help at all...