Slapdash systems 2006

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Slapdash systems 2006

Exceptional thread this by anyone's standards - well done. Just one quick question Slapdash ..... am I right in saying that you are looking for the edge in the early bookies' prices as against Betfairs prices which you are taking to be more "realtime" early on in the day? and thereby getting on horses that are tightening in in the market (possibly due to knowledge/good word on the day etc etc). Thanks in advance. Did I read somewhere that this is purely a system and you don't really follow the horses??
You can work this method in the last few minutes before a race and I have had a number of long priced winners/placed this summer which could not be advised by Slapdash.. This method is actually mentioned in the Racing Post book on Horse racing betting. When the horses shorten from the early morning this may be due to the need to reduce the liabilities that are being incurred from the place component of these selections. I have noted that a number of times with "Slapdash early prices" they return to their original morning price particularly in non-handicaps with strong favourites. A word of caution to us all. In the past Bookmakers have reduced the place odds to 1/6 when there was an odds-on favourite and if we keep hammering them they will certainly move some of the goalpost. It is well documented also that 1/4 odds in Handicaps of 16-20 runners are costing the bookmakers money and some in the industry are agitating for a change. By the way if you are using certain bookmakers it is necessary to get in before Slapdash. So I now only use this thread to see if I've missed anything in the early markets. With respect to sportingodds I'm limited to very low levels of stakes so their so called good odds are a bit of a sham!! In the long run this method will always win money. But this year been unreal. Slapdash is the prophet of E/W betting. Learn form him but try to find bets yourself. You will enjoy and learn more that way. Good luck all for the coming weekend.

Exceptional thread this by anyone's standards - well done. Just one quick question Slapdash ..... am I right in saying that you are looking for the edge in the early bookies' prices as against Betfairs prices which you are taking to be more "realtime" early on in the day? and thereby getting on horses that are tightening in in the market (possibly due to knowledge/good word on the day etc etc). Thanks in advance. Did I read somewhere that this is purely a system and you don't really follow the horses??
Thanks, Rafa. As maxi said, the mechanics of the "systems" are described on the first page of the thread. With the ones in large handicaps, the profit has depended a lot on getting on at the best early price, and these almost always tighten in the market. The others, mostly in races with short priced favourites, they sometimes tighten and sometimes drift. And you're right, I don't know an awful lot about horses, though I've learned a bit more since I've been doing this.

which odd-comparision site you are using? i only know http://webx2.oddschecker.com/ and there will hill is missing
I actually use two! Oddschecker is convenient because it has a summary of the betting in all the races at a meeting on one page, so I use that to decide which races to look at. But Bestbetting seems to be updated quicker (and includes William Hill ... but doesn't include UKBetting), and it's easier to see roughly what the Betfair win price is, so I use that for looking at individual races.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Well .. just wanted to ask .. why 30 mins before the races the odds for Outer Hebrides went down to 21-1. And Blaise Hollow went down to 30-1. Both @ Betfair ?! I started following horce racing a month ago and I'm still learning. So I was shocked when I saw this some minutes ago !! P.S. Slap, good place, mate ;) And Gap Princes was placed too, so it was a good day overall for you guys .. again !! :)

What about Abwaab @ Newbury 17:10 ?? 3.25 lay @ Betfair ... 4 .00 @ several bookies for the place 12.5 win price @ Betfair ... 13.00 @ several bookies
There are other horses in this race looking good. I am looking at Carmenero @17. Betfair is 16.5/3.8 (win/place), we get 5.0 for the place. However one NR has already spoiled another race today...

By the way, I was having serious problems posting here and on Sports Punter this morning, but Chantaco was actually the only one I found.
I've found horses suitable only for doubles. 2nd and 3rd favourite in Curragh at 3.45 are one of them. There is chance that Kastoria will qualifz for a single too.

Camanero is a good bet .. I think I'll take it .. or you suggest to wait some time ?! Unfortunately ... only one Non Runner and there will be only 3 paid :(
I've taken it. I know that the risk of a NR is high but Betfair is 3.55 for the place now so it is acceptable for me.

Scarlet Flyer @ Newbury 17:10 ?? 3.25 lay @ Betfair ... 4 .00 @ Ladbrokes & Stan J
3.45 to lay. Same as Abwaab. I would put it only into doubles but don't see any other races now. Kastoria won the Curragh race but the difference was too big for me. At least I had it in double with Brigadore which won the first race in Warwick :cow