Slapdash systems 2006

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 What about this horse: 3.20 Market Rasen, Chain @12 (Betfred). We get 3.75 for the place. Betfair is 12/3 (win/place). I know that value in this races (only 2 places paid) is very rare but the difference looks too big. Don't you think?

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Thanks. Shame I took the 14/1. That's an 18 point profit, but I haven't updated since Monday, when I had a loser, so a net 2 point loss to go in the books: Starting Bank: 1000 Current Bank: 2463.72 Total Staked: 4480 W/P/L: 27/76/121 Profit/Loss: +1463.72 (Win +427.33, Place +1036.39) Yield: +32.67%

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Slapdash, Glad to see that this system is still going strong for you :clap (I looked at this about 4 months ago and Um'd 'n Ah'd). Question. As the Odds seem to follow the same pattern (i.e. Bookmaker WIN odds about the same as Betfair, and Betfairs LAY Place odds less than the Bookmakers E/W odds), what sort of return would you have had if you'd traded the 'WIN' to balance out, and traded the 'Place' to take a profit? If you'd done this would you not have won, albeit a small amount, on every selection?

Re: Slapdash systems 2006

Question. As the Odds seem to follow the same pattern (i.e. Bookmaker WIN odds about the same as Betfair, and Betfairs LAY Place odds less than the Bookmakers E/W odds), what sort of return would you have had if you'd traded the 'WIN' to balance out, and traded the 'Place' to take a profit? If you'd done this would you not have won, albeit a small amount, on every selection?
Haven't really looked at it, to be honest. One practical difficulty is that there's usually not much money available to match on the place market when I look at the Betfair odds. Most of the money I've been putting on these myself recently has been in EW doubles, which makes it harder to lay sensibly on Betfair, although I have sometimes laid the win on the second leg when the first leg has been a big-priced winner and I can lay at a shorter price than I've taken.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Hi guys. Chain pulled up. I must thank you to Slapdash. Since I didn't get any response I took only a small stake... :-D Thunderfoot: I did arbitrage on horses only several times under this system and there was a NR in two cases so the prices were spoiled. Last year I was involved in arbitrage hunt on one local bookie and I was using only Betfair to cover my bets. After an average commission of 4.3% my profit in a long run was around 3%. However when I calculated the winning bets with the bookie the profit would be almost 8%. So I actually "paid" 2/3 of my profit to Betfair for the fact that my bank was secured. I think it is similar with this system. You can place large bets with bookies and cover your bank on BF but you must pay for it. Your absolut profit would be higher I guess but the yield would be much smaller. Or you can bet small stakes and leave it. Or you can do both as Slapdash suggested. GL

Hi guys. Chain pulled up. I must thank you to Slapdash. Since I didn't get any response I took only a small stake... :-D
... it was only because I didn't see your post until too late. I remember noticing Chain when I looked (earlier than you, I guess) and deciding it wasn't quite good enough (I forget why), but obviously the Betfair prices changed by the time you looked.

Thunderfoot: I did arbitrage on horses only several times under this system and there was a NR in two cases so the prices were spoiled.
Actually, that's a very good point. In a 16 runner handicap or 8 runner race, there's a danger that there will be a NR, changing the number of places paid by the bookies, but not by Betfair, so there's a small risk of losing both bets on the place.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 6.45 Goodwood Incidentally (SP) 10 points EW. Each way system. There are short priced first and second favourites. We'd get place odds of 1.70 at the best early price of 7/2, compared to lay odds of 1.49 on Betfair. The Betfair win odds are also 7/2. I'll take SP, following my theory that the price of the third favourite often drifts in races with a market like this, although that theory hasn't been working so well recently.

I've just got to the computer. If you missed Cape Royal at Skybet (like me) you still have a chance with Sean Graham. enjoy
...although if you did miss it, you might have been lucky, as there's now a non-runner cutting the race to 15 runners and only three places.

...although if you did miss it, you might have been lucky, as there's now a non-runner cutting the race to 15 runners and only three places.
:wall 4th. Good example how surebets don't have to be "sure".

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Hmm. Incidentally won, but SP was only 9/4 and there was a 20p Rule 4 deduction on top of that, so with Cape Royal losing, that's just a 1.6 point profit on the day. Starting Bank: 1000 Current Bank: 2465.32 Total Staked: 4520 W/P/L: 28/76/122 Profit/Loss: +1465.32 (Win +435.33, Place +1029.99) Yield: +32.42%

5.45 Sandown Corum (SP) 10 points EW. Each way system. There's an odds-on favourite, and we'd get 2.40 for the place at the best early price of 7/1, compared to a lay price of 2.10 on Betfair, with the Betfair win price just slightly higher at 8.20.
Corum wins at 6/1 :clap :clap :clap :clap

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 From yesterday. Four losers, Corum won at 6/1. O'Tara was placed, with a 5p Rule 4 deduction, and Gingko was placed. Makes a 12.69 point profit. Starting Bank: 1000 Current Bank: 2478.01 Total Staked: 4660 W/P/L: 29/78/126 Profit/Loss: +1478.01 (Win +435.33, Place +1042.68) Yield: +31.72%