Monday 2nd Jan Selections

Clueless 12.35 Ayr. Showed his attitude was right over 10 - 12f on the level last year, with improved form since being gelded. Having his first run for top track trainer Richards, who has a good record with his new recruits. Top track jockey Dobbin rides. Ball O Malt 1.35 Ayr. This dual purpose horse is best judged on his penultimate run over this trip. Probable market rival According to John - ex Irish point-to pointer - won a modest hurdle easily and could also improve enough to win. The rest of the field are weak on paper... reverse f'cast Millennium Hall 2.05 Ayr. Progressing nicely, latest ran 6 1/2 lengths behind Derby 4th Percussionist - looks well in here. Mister Quasimodo 12.55 Exeter. Won over 20f on penultimate start but failed to stay 3 miles last time in a class A novice hurdle, this good bumper winner (beat Dare to Dream 29L conceding 7lb) is scopey and has a solid chance here at good odds. Nap Star Member 2.55 Exeter. Still thrown in at the weights: [112]h after a facile win over today's trip. His flat rating of [90]+ over 14f gives him a notional hurdle rating of at least [120]+ over this distance. nb. As for Folkestone in heavy ground (or any going) well... best of luck to you... best of luck all xx collette

Re: Monday 2nd Jan Selections I will go in on Star Menber if the ground is reasonable at Exeter and is price 13/8+. I will decide after I've seen the times for the earlier races. If Star Menbers is beaten here I will expect Williams will put him away till the Spring where he could win a nice handicap on firm going.

Re: Monday 2nd Jan Selections Kharak 2 points win 1.05 Ayr. Unlucky when falling last time out looks like he been given a very favourable weight based on his hurdle form. Missed a season but appears to be progresing and looks overpriced a bit at 12/1. Ran well over 3 miles and on soft going in the past. IOM worth a moderate punt. With the favourite having won only a moderate E grade maiden chase and the rest looking pretty moderate E/F grade types. While Kharak was a consistant sort in D grade hurdles races in the past. One I do fear is the top weight See You There who may be anything having winning form in Irish point to points. Still I consider 2 points at 12/1 is justified here:hope

Re: Monday 2nd Jan Selections Nice one with Mister Quasimodo only did it place only on Betfair :( . Backed Kharak at 12/1 laid back at 13/2 with Betfair, as usual when I get a bet to nothing I get nothing. Still saved the stake and actually made £1.40!!!!! I nearly always hedge if the horse I've initially backed shorten significantly. I reason that I'm not likely to make more the +50% ROI in the long run and would I have back this horse at it's current price,so it sensible to lay back in these cicrumstances. Keep the winners coming:notworthy

Re: Monday 2nd Jan Selections

Millennium Hall*5.1860.00Back -60.00
Millennium Hall*3.2260.00Lay 60.00
*Average odds: On Off Back subtotal:-60.00
Lay subtotal:60.00
Market subtotal:0.00
Commission :0.00
Net Market Total:0.00
Another bet to nothing and nothing, laid last £40 back at 2.3 in running just before the wheels come off the bet. Does anyone else set hedge points in running.