ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup

Wooohooo, tennis is back:clap :cow :nana. This year I'll be mosting going for short prices, although I still feel they will deserve a write up in here. Will also start up a thread in Systems & Strategies to keep an ongoing record. Probably going to have more outright bets than last year, as it is a market I like (especially with a short priced favourite;) ). New staking this year; everything below 1.4 will be 8pts, everything between 1.4 and 2.00 will be 4pts and everything above 2.00 will be 2pts (although I am likely to change this if/when everything has gone cock up:lol). Here's the first selection: Adelaide outright HRBATY @ 9.00 StanJames 1pt E/W (1/2, 1,2) Great draw for this one for Hrbaty, with all the action in the top half. Hewitt, Murray, Berdych, Ancic and Blake are all in the top half. The bottom half is much weaker with Nieminen, Robredo, Chela and Karlovic the 'names' which stand in Hrbatys way. As 2nd seed he is right at the bottom of the draw and looks to have a pretty decent path. Hrbaty finished last year very strongly, with magnificant performances in the DC final beating Ancic and Ljubicic. Unfortunate for him that the rest of the team couldn't pick up a rubber:$. People will say that will have taken a lot out of him but I think he is big enough and experienced enough to come through and get back down to business very quickly. He likes the conditions and courts in Oz which can be seen from what he has done the past few years; in 2005 he won the Hopman Cup (with Hantuchova (lucky git)) then got to the quarters in the Australian Open. In 2004 he won in Adelaide and in Auckland. In 2003 he reached the final in Auckland. All round good performances and strong starts to the year. Fancy another good start this time around:ok .

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.