** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Ace King Chimps?

danno375

How on earth are you supposed to play people who hold ACE KING? I have been faced with loads of the chimps tonight. Ok A(nna) K(ornicova) looks good but if they hit nothing then they win nothing. So many times I have had the best hand and because these morons have AK they call anything. Then they get the cards on turn or river. Earlier I was in a £100 tourney and held 99. Raise preflop. Called me...ok. Flop was 10 6 3 or something equally rubbish. I put them on AK and raised all in and was called. The moron had nothing and hit AK on the turn and river. I know AK is a good hand but if you miss and someone is raising sure you have to lay it down? Am I just unlucky and meet fools who can't fold the buggers? THEY WERE LOSING! Am sick of it so I need to know how to shake them off. Surely an all in would be enough but obviously not!

Re: Ace King Chimps? I hate anything other than No Limit but I guess one answer is to play Fixed or Pot Limit and then at least you can take evasive action when the A or K comes on turn or river. But still doesn't stop them overvaluing their hand in the first place, and if I have 99 and nothing higher on the board after the flop I want them to call with their AK. I can give no comfort, but I doubt there's a hand that we haven't all both won or lost with by being lucky or unlucky on the river.

Re: Ace King Chimps?

How on earth are you supposed to play people who hold ACE KING? Earlier I was in a £100 tourney and held 99. Raise preflop. Called me...ok. Flop was 10 6 3 or something equally rubbish. I put them on AK and raised all in and was called. The moron had nothing and hit AK on the turn and river. I know AK is a good hand but if you miss and someone is raising sure you have to lay it down? Am I just unlucky and meet fools who can't fold the buggers? THEY WERE LOSING! Out of interest I used the calculator on the Hendon Mob website and that shows you with a 74.44% chance of winning the hand. Not much consolation but you should win 3 out of 4 times.

Re: Ace King Chimps? My attitude towards AK is that if it doesn't develop on the flop and I have to call to stay in the hand then it gets binned. I'm sure I got this from Brunson's book and he gives the same advice for the likes of AQ, AJ, KQ etc. These are hands that can put you in real bother unless you're disciplined. I just missed the whole point of this thread didn't I? [:loon]