** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Gutted.......

Carl

Re: Gutted....... I know you have to get 6 winners but from what Ive now learnt is that the 10 grand is shared between the number of winning tickets. If I had the winner in the 2nd to last then Id be picking up 92 quid. Not exactly new PC material.:sad.

Re: Gutted.......

I know you have to get 6 winners but from what Ive now learnt is that the 10 grand is shared between the number of winning tickets. If I had the winner in the 2nd to last then Id be picking up 92 quid. Not exactly new PC material.:sad.
It depends on whether your horse (if it had won) would have created any more or less winning jackpot tickets. It might have been more, it might have been less.

Re: Gutted....... I won a placepot a couple of years back at market and realised if I'd done the jackpot I'd have got some share of the rollover, it was hefty, around £120,000 (included a 25-1 winner). I was livid! My mate pointed out that 1) you never do the jackpot so what are you moaning about? and 2) you'd have had to have bet £1 per line which would've cost slightly more than the 10p line I put down for the placepot. Brought me down to earth a bit and realised I should be grateful for getting the placepot.

Re: Gutted....... Ive had half of a southwell 3,000 one and also at Warick 2 years ago, went racing there backed 5 winners. Also did 54 x £1 lines placepot doubled up twice and it paid over 300 quid! I didnt know whether to pick up the 700 of the last race the bookie owed me or faint at the dividend! I expected it to pay about 60 quid! I hit the offy on the way back to train station and got on the beer! Used to love it up there lived in midlands and went racing 4 times a week. Southwell, Wolves, Nottingham, and i LOVE Warwick, always did well there. Happy Times. Cant pick my nose at Placepots. Its true when people say, blimey 6 winners in placepot, Jackpot paid 50,000 its irrelevent if you dont do Jackpots. Only gutting if through lack of funds you never did it that day.

Re: Gutted....... shocking 2 days gambling on horses shows that i must only do minimum stakes on Bank Holidays as results so difficult to predict. summed up when i saw Black appalachi down the handicap in the big handicap at Leopardstown today. Got onto my account, put the money in the box & came back saying betting suspended which meant the race was off. What happens 25/1 winner, summed up my punting holiday!:wall