Pakistan v England ODIs

Re: Pakistan v England ODIs (innings break) Inzamam :spank Why on earth did he not bring on Shoaib Akthar with 3 overs in the locker when Solanki came in? Leaked runs with Malik. Not available on TV so don't know nuances. 5-fer (at last, when he did come on) huge boost to my series spread on Showey Actor after zero scalps in OD1 1. But England should have been done for 60 less with much more good light available. England a bowler light, so let's hope for a simple cruise to victory :hope

Re: Pakistan v England ODIs The good ship Profit at last got back on course and was building up a head of steam before getting torpedoed by an extravagant mult-sixes bet, which made up at 1.:\ Now -95.2 pts on two games but series spreads and fixed odds look good. +1,000 is the goal. England look (seem, no TV) flat, fed-up, knackered with only non-Ashes wallahs to carry them. They will be down to last 11 men standing with Vic Marks as super-sub for the last. Paks 4-1 series looks very possible. The bookies are, of course, on to this and now go 2-5 for series from 5-4 ;) before this. There'll be little game value on Paks particularly with Afridi coming back and the toss perhaps evening out. Next game Thursday in Karachi.

Re: Pakistan v England ODIs

(innings break) Inzamam :spank Why on earth did he not bring on Shoaib Akthar with 3 overs in the locker when Solanki came in? Leaked runs with Malik. Not available on TV so don't know nuances. 5-fer (at last, when he did come on) huge boost to my series spread on Showey Actor after zero scalps in OD1 1. But England should have been done for 60 less with much more good light available. England a bowler light, so let's hope for a simple cruise to victory :hope
Shoaib was on and off the ground getting a calf taped up, Pie-chucker.... ...but I think the main concern was the over-rate. They were just going to sneak in the overs as it was with the spinners bowling so many overs... ... although obviously that wouldn't have mattered one bit if they had have picked up the two wickets. And, hey....Why didn't any of us know about this..... ..."A high-profile awards bash and a 4 o'clock bedtime is hardly the ideal preparation for facing the fastest bowler in the world, as a bleary-eyed England discovered to their cost today. Though Shoaib Akhtar pretended not to know about the BBC Sports Personality of the Year presentations that had interrupted England's beauty sleep, he was on hand nonetheless to provide them with a rude awakening." :wall

Re: Pakistan v England ODIs Afridi's back and Pietersen has flown home. For me that is a major swing towards the Pakis. England looked a very poor side in the last game with the only two coming good were Blackwell and Plunkett. Any coinsidence that they didn't play in the Ashes? The rest don't seem too up for it, and with the number of injuries we have the side looks very week. I assume Solanki will come in for Pietersen and there will be a new supersub? Not sure who it'll be. Anyway, 1.61 from Skybet or 1.64 before comission from Betfair look very appealing.

Re: Pakistan v England ODIs Five years ago in Karachi, England chased down 304 to win with 3 overs to spare. Tresco and Flintoff were part of it. http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2000-01/ENG_IN_PAK/SCORECARDS/ENG_PAK_ODI1_24OCT2000.html History! The claustrophobia of further heightened Karachi security and facing the noisiest crowd in the world will surely get to jaded England. Paks have all the fire-power. Afridi. Will he return to his usual opening slot, or will Paks stick with the incumbents who are going well? Afridi has a strike rate of 108 (world's highest) which ain't bad after 204 ODI innings. Either way... 150 pts Paks highest score first 10 overs @ 8/11 skybet The only worry here is that Akthar, opening bowling for Paks, can be expensive (as well as unplayable in present form). Predictably crap odds for the Pak win, so the handicap has to be taken on. Twilight is later in Karachi, so the toss is not quite so vital, but would help. 110 pts Paks -1.5 wkts/17.5 runs @ 10/11 sporting odds 5pts BUY Pak/England 50up supremacy @ 10 Spin Solanki went OK in his only hit, at no.10 last Monday as panic super sub scoring 39 not out. As non-Ashes geezer with something to prove he looks a go at 7-1 to be Eng top scorer out of a nominated 8 batsmen that excludes GO Jones and Plunkett. 20pts Solanki as top Eng bat in '8Ball' @ 7-1 sporting odds Am going in boots and all on this ODI. :ok

Re: Pakistan v England ODIs Just posted detailed thoughts on this, but I think lost in transmission. Afridi will replace Kaneria tomorrow. Latter not even super-sub. Cantor still has Kaneria at 5.8-6.5 series wickets with the qualification of playing ONE game in series. That's OK as he's played both, 2 wickets. A SELL could be buying money. :poker

Just posted detailed thoughts on this, but I think lost in transmission. Afridi will replace Kaneria tomorrow. Latter not even super-sub. Cantor still has Kaneria at 5.8-6.5 series wickets with the qualification of playing ONE game in series. That's OK as he's played both, 2 wickets. A SELL could be buying money. :poker
Be careful I think a non-runner makes up at 1.5, a sell would therefore be a guaranteed loss as minimum MU 6.5.

150 pts Paks highest score first 10 overs @ 8/11 skybet 20pts Solanki as top Eng bat in '8Ball' @ 7-1 sporting odds Am going in boots and all on this ODI. :ok
DOH! Pakistan 46-0, England 47-3 Solanki got a second ball duck:spank Pakistan Handicap bet looks good though:hope

Re: Pakistan v England ODIs Brave England Overhaul Paks After 10 Overs Blast! Cost me a swing of 300 pts. Just :rollin got away with the handicap, though. Young Kamran Akmal did me well on 50 up supremacy and the buy at 68 runs, so match profit 323pts, with a series profit on games of 228 on a 500 stake. Paks all the way from here. If ever Afridi and Razzaq were in together... Currently the two most explosive hitters in the world (at least against James Anderson and his mates).

Re: Pakistan v England ODIs A fresh Kabir Ali may come in for a 'fluey' Flintoff which should make little difference to events. See no reason Paks can't dish out a repeat dose. Will have a lash at MoM (a bet I cannot remember ever winning and always say 'never again, waste of damn time/money' and, as Swoops has pointed out, there are now 24 runners with this damn super-sub thing). But, I think it can be narrowed down to a Pak bat. Inzy has been touted -- ODI average of 59 here - but coming in at 6 puts me off. Salman Butt could go on with it this time and 16-1 (bluesq) is a good price. Afridi has the benefit of being a) eye-catching and b) good for a couple of wickets. 80pts Pak -2.5 wkts/25.5 runs @ evens 120 pts Paks most sixes @ 1.61 20 pts Butt MoM @ 16-1 15 pts Afridi MoM @ 9-1

Re: Pakistan v England ODIs I've gone for Pakian to get most runs (10 overs) 0.63/1 Betfair. Just getting the feeling now that they don't really want to be there (England that is) I'm gona hang around and wait for the toss b4 backing Pakistan (Hopefully England win toss and bat 1st thus Pakistans odds should increase a little) Pakistan about 1/2 now. Awaiting toss

Re: Pakistan v England ODIs Somehow managed to lose money on ODI 4. Mainly because Paks didn't overcome handicap and somehow managed to avoid the 'obvious' MoM, Inzy. Profit on matches 161. Time to close the spreads, I reckon. 3 pts BUY series supremacy Paks @ 85 3 pts SELL @ 223 :D +414 15pts SELL England series performance @ 25 15pts SELL @ 14 :D +165 20 pts Paks 5-0 @ 10-1 bluesq :\ -20 10 pts Paks 4-1 @ 3-1 :hope 2 pts BUY Collingwood runs @ 135 keep going on this 2 pts BUY Akhtar bowling index @ 85 2 pts SELL @ 108 :D +46 200 pts Pak to win series @ 5/4 (taken after ODI 1) :D +250 Including profit on matches... series profit +1,031 The Pak games win 4-1 bet should come in, though the Collingwood runs maybe a bit low. But think my target throughout of 1000 profit should hold. Can't get excited about ODI 5. Paks should murder an exhausted and fed-up England, but dead rubber and all that. 11 pts Afridi MoM @ 9-1 20 pts Paks most sixes @ 1.57