Handball - Womens World Championships Dec 5-18

Re: Handball - Womens World Championships Dec 5-18 Netherlands should do the job in comfortable fashion against Japan, who struggled and in the end lost by 6 clear goals to China - a team which I opersonally rank under the level of a promising Dutch team which have had a fine tournament this far. The handicap is only 3, whereas I would have expected it to be more like 6 or 7 - clear value to me! Holland (-3) - Japan: 1, 9/10

Re: Handball - Womens World Championships Dec 5-18 Denmark-Ukraine +3.5 Awaywin 1.85 Betandwin Short words here. Denmark have been poor for the whole tournament. And only an early christmas present from Brazil who beat the Austrians, gave us 4 points to carry to the next stage of the tournament. Both our defence and attack have been very ordenary. Against the Austrians we concided 42 goals, the biggest amount ever against a Danish world cup team. Normally Denmark are experts in fast break goals, but that is history now. We only got one decent winger left, that is Josefine Touray, but she has been out with injury for a long time, and cannot play 60 minuttes at full speed yet. Ukraine has got themselves a decent handball team, showen by the bronze medal at the Olympic in 2004 and the 6. th place at the European championship later that year. Most of the keyplayers play together in KRIM Ljubljana, so they know each other very well offcause. They got a reputation for a strong defence, and patinece in the attacking face. This is surely the biggest test for the Danes in this World cup, an our "no real gameplan" style will struggle again tonight i think. It looks like a tight game to me, and +3.5 goals is to much for me. Hopefully Denmark can win the game by 1 or 2, so both my heart and my bank roll will be happy.

Re: Handball - Womens World Championships Dec 5-18 Thanks a lot Rumle, I have to disagree with you on Ukraine. Having seen a couple of their matches in the preliminary, I think they are in a pretty poor condition, and they can't be compared to the teams that caused us slight trouble in the preliminary round. I think we will in comfortable fashion, having gotten a decent wake-up call by the Austrians from which we got away without being hurt point-wise. Further to this, if we look back at previous world champs, we usually have a slip-up on the way (1997 in Germany is a good example where we lost to Macedonia but ended up lifting the trophy.) Denmark for me on pure class, along with Holland not to lose too big to Norway - they might even be in with a shout for the victory as far as I am concerned! Recommendations: Netherlands - Norway (-5.5): 1 (7/10) Denmark - Ukraine (-2.5): 1 (8/10)

Re: Handball - Womens World Championships Dec 5-18 Hmm FT 28-28. What a strange game it was. Ukraine in control in 1. half. Go out and score only 11 goals in second half, but enough to get a draw even that Denmark was leading by 4 at one point. Could even have snatch the winner as the missed a 7 meter penalty in the dying seconds:unsure

Re: Handball - Womens World Championships Dec 5-18 Hi guys, Just a quick one, with two outstanding bets - appologies for the late posts. Ukraine and Hungary are made far too big favourites in the Main round against Brazil and Netherlands respectively... Ukraine - Brazil (0-4): 2 Ukraine had a 28-28 draw against Denmark last night, but were far from impressive, especially in the 2nd half of the game, where they only managed 3 goals in the first 21 minutes. The fact that they could still manage a draw was mainly down to a couple of hopeless referees and the fact that Denmark 'forgot' to put it all away when they were given the chance. Brazil proved against Romania that they intend to fight for every ball in the main round, and that they are proud just to be this far. This is the chance that they have been shouting for to prove to the world that womens handball actually does exist outside of Europe and Korea. The 4-goal handicap seems too big to me, in a match which I think will be pretty even. Hungary - Netherlands (0-4.5) Hungary were in severe trouble last night against Croatia, and only sneaked the win through a missed penalty from the Balcans who were well beaten by the Dutch in the preliminary round. The bookies still haven't realised that the Dutch actually have a decent side, and there is no reason why tis match will not be even. 4.5 goals is very very generous indeed,providing that the Dutch canm keep up the spirit, tempo and passion seen in their recent matches... Recommendations: Ukraine - Brazil (0-4): 2 Hungary - Netherlands (0-4.5): 2

Re: Handball - Womens World Championships Dec 5-18 What are your opinion on the Denmark game? can we cover the spred on -4.5? Yesterday i said to myself that i would lump on if i could get -2.5 or -3. But i must admit that i am temptet by the -4.5 today. Is i just because i want to bet on this game, or is a good deal. Denmark showed signs of improvement last night, and this is a must win game, against an out of form and nothing to play for team. We beat them with 8 just before this championship. Can we cover?

Re: Handball - Womens World Championships Dec 5-18 Sorry, mate only saw your post now... Looks like a traditional Denmark-France game, low scoring, very ugly and very close! I stayed away from the handicap myself, since I wasn't too sure about the 4.5 line, but I backed us to win the match on the moneyline... Fingers crossed that we can book the semi-final tickets tonight!

Re: Handball - Womens World Championships Dec 5-18 Horrible game indeed - I managed to back the 'under 55 total goal-line pre-match along with Russia -3, so you won't hear me complaining. Interesting to see what the bookies do tomorrow with DK-Romania. I would certainly rather play Hungary than Russia in a semi-final, and they will dispute their affairs prior to our match. It might be worth thinking a bit more long-sighted than 'just' to win the game, which will make the job difficult, especially with regards to the handicap line... Any thoughts!?

Re: Handball - Womens World Championships Dec 5-18 Denmark - Romania (-1.5): 2, 7/10 Both teams are ready for the semis, and will play either Russia or Hungary. Romania has played much better handball in the tournament this far, havent dropped a single point and will do anything to avoid having to play Russia, with whome they traditionally strugle a great deal. Denmark is a lot like a ship at rough sea, bumping along where the waves take them, yet somehow avoiding the big rocks as up till now. In neither of Denmarks 7 matches so far have they been convincing, Austria beat them and Ukraine came very close. Lastly coach Pytlick is believed to rest Fruelund, the key player for Denmark and the only one who have really stepped up in the tournament so far. Romania drew in Denmark 2 weeks prior to this tournament and have gotten three world class players backk since! It's beyond me how the line is only 1.5 and I will go in big! NB: Fruelund and Karin Mortensen (first choice in goal) will not be in squad for tonight, according to reliable sources!

Re: Handball - Womens World Championships Dec 5-18 Holland - South Korea (4.5-0): 2 In this match, two teams with opposite form-curves are facing off. Regular readers of this thread will notice that I have been quite fancying the Dutch on numerous occcasions, but their latest display against a mediocre-at-best Hungary, where they lost by 8 clear goals indicated that the tiredness is starting to catch up with a Dutch side that relies heavily on Pearl van der Vissel and Saskia Mulder. Both players are struggling with slight knocks after having played in every game so far... South Korea on the other hand seems to be getting better and better day for day, and you have the feeling that this talented outfit is learning every time they are on the field (last time out the easily went past Croatie who caused Russia severe problems in the match before and its worth mentioning that the field-time has been divided much more easily on the Koreans than on the Dutch, which would suggest a fresher and sharper Korean side. I think the 4.5 will be covered easily and early!

Re: Handball - Womens World Championships Dec 5-18 Totally agree on the Denmark game. My only concern is the speculations on who to meet in the semis. I read that Pytlick prefered Russia, and therefore if Russia beat Hungary early today, then a Danish loss to Rumania means Russia in the semis:\ If Hungary wins, we have to beat Rumania to get Hungary. Hmm but Rumania is a fare better team than us

Re: Handball - Womens World Championships Dec 5-18 Hello guys! Have gone for Russia -2.5 today @ 1.90 This game doesnt mean anything to these teams Ive heard and Hungary will rest three of their top players whilst Russia will play their best (at least in the beginning). GL :hope

Re: Handball - Womens World Championships Dec 5-18 Hi guys, Haven't got any info on Romaina so far, but considering that Russia just won, I am confident that Romania will go all-out-attack for the win, whereas we will be resting two key players and Pytlick (Denmarks coach) is quoted to have said that he'd prefer Russia rather than Hungary in a semifinal... Clear Romania win for me (and everybody else, considering how difficult it is to lay them on bf ;-))