VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

rippyuk

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

Does any one remember how far down the leader board they extended the invites to the final last year???
I finished 19th in the leaderboard last year, and got invited to the grand final as an 'alternate', with the possibility of playing if there were spare seats on the night. I don't know how far down the leaderboard this went, but there were a good 10-15 alternates there on the night, and I think all of us got to play. :clap I'm making a habit of qualifying on a Tuesday now, 11th place tonight. :ok

I finished 19th in the leaderboard last year, and got invited to the grand final as an 'alternate', with the possibility of playing if there were spare seats on the night. I don't know how far down the leaderboard this went, but there were a good 10-15 alternates there on the night, and I think all of us got to play. :clap I'm making a habit of qualifying on a Tuesday now, 11th place tonight. :ok
Thanx for that

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 In last years Maxim tourament, there was an extra week of 8pm games the Mon-Fri before the grand final, with 10 seats available, one going to each daily winner, and one to the player who knocked out the bounty player each day. They may do the same this year, so thats something to keep an eye out for. And it was only during the very last Friday game (the grand final was the following Wednesday), that I learnt from the bounty (who was getting a real grilling about who had/hadn't qualified :lol )that my mate 'Gudgeon' had actually qualified for the final as one of the 'highest monthly movers' (don't think they're doing it this time though). He didn't even know himself, he found out when he got a hurried text from Morlspin! The next day, he got the tickets in the post, and I got an email inviting me to attend the final as an alternate. So be prepared for the possibility of arranging a trip to London at very short notice! :ok

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 I knocked the bounty out in that last friday game, and as as nufc says, be prepared to book up in a hurry! I actually received my tickets on the wednesday morning (same day of the tourney!), which was a bloody pain as i was leaving for london 2 hrs later, if they hadnt have arrived, i dunno if id have went..... Nufc, when you got a reserve spot, were you allowed to bring anyone? as i think thats my best way in

Nufc' date=' when you got a reserve spot, were you allowed to bring anyone? as i think thats my best way in[/quote'] I don't think the invite was for a guest as well, but I can't remember 100%. I never actually received any ticket(s), but I was going as Gud's guest anyway, and just said I was on the alternate list as we were going into Pacha, then confirmed it with Mopi when we were inside.

In last years Maxim tourament' date=' there was an extra week of 8pm games the Mon-Fri before the grand final, with 10 seats available, one going to each daily winner, and one to the player who knocked out the bounty player each day. They may do the same this year, so thats something to keep an eye out for.[/quote'] Did the extra week go towards points as well, or can we have a week off?:hope

Did the extra week go towards points as well' date=' or can we have a week off?:hope[/quote'] You can have a week off if I remember correctly as the points didn't go to the leaderboard. However, I think the reason for the extra games was only because they 'forgot' to run the bounty tourneys each month. So they ran them all in one go when they realised. As they are running the bounties properly this time, they may not do the extras.

Well that was a kick in the balls I finished in the worst place poss last night:cry 28TH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:wall I ve only just stopped crying:cry Lucky its only a game - :@
Lemon, I'll swop you! I'll go out on the bubble, and you can get KO'd first hand holding AA by a straight, 4 of which were on the board!!!! :wall :wall :wall :@ :@ :@

ok spur u win least u hadn't wasted over an hour:zzz But yes u received a harder kick to the balls:sad C u on the tables if u make past the first hand :hope
Wouldn't have been entirely wasted, I need the points mate!! :hope we make it to the last hand in these tourneys.

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 GET IN THERE:nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana EIGHTH PLACE, qualified at last:cow :cow :cow Doctor Valiant....................:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy Thank you from the Heart of my Bottom:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy Edited after the euphoria and relief receded....:-) :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Lemon, I'll swop you! I'll go out on the bubble, and you can get KO'd first hand holding AA by a straight, 4 of which were on the board!!!! :wall :wall :wall :@ :@ :@
Ul spur am just glad mine held today. But just look at the comment he made [Feb 22 14:22:18] : J1zzm0nkey called 60 [Feb 22 14:22:21] : Jimtheman folded. [Feb 22 14:22:21] : isleofman2 folded. [Feb 22 14:22:23] : Top Fat CAt called 60 and raised 120 [Feb 22 14:22:24] : fenners folded. [Feb 22 14:22:24] : dukeortz folded. [Feb 22 14:22:25] : mr bejam called 180 [Feb 22 14:22:36] : ronay called 150 and raised 1,480 and is All-in [Feb 22 14:22:39] : king1221 folded. [Feb 22 14:22:44] : J1zzm0nkey folded. [Feb 22 14:22:52] : Top Fat CAt called 1,480 and raised 180 and is All-in [Feb 22 14:22:52] : Under-Raise rules are now in effect. [Feb 22 14:22:58] : mr bejam folded. [Feb 22 14:22:58] : Showdown! [Feb 22 14:22:58] : Seat 6 : ronay has Ac Ad [Feb 22 14:23:00] : Seat 2 : Top Fat CAt has Th 6h [Feb 22 14:23:01] : Seat 6 : ronay has Ac Ad [Feb 22 14:23:09] : Board cards [Kh 5d 3s 3h 8d] [Feb 22 14:23:09] : Seat 2 : Top Fat CAt has Th 6h [Feb 22 14:23:09] : Top Fat CAt has Pair: 3s [Feb 22 14:23:09] : Seat 6 : ronay has Ac Ad [Feb 22 14:23:09] : ronay has Two Pair: Aces and 3s [Feb 22 14:23:09] : ronay wins 3,620 with Two Pair: Aces and 3s His Comment [Feb 22 14:23:21] : Top Fat CAt : sooo unlucky How was that unlucky?!!!!!!!!!!! He called with naff all and got exactly what he deserved (for once) Unlucky is getting disconnected from VC two lunchtimes in a row & yet again losing my blind & small-blind in the process. Not only that but it then forced me to update my software before I could get back on. My internet connection seemed OK but VC still didn't work so had to quickly start up my other PC and repeat the software update to continue. Annoying :wall :wall . Plus still haven't qualified :cry after betting my nicely flopped two pair quite strongly and idiots calling I folded on river worried about a flush & full house only to find out I would have won ... grr I hate this points game.. had to slow play from that point on.

Ul spur am just glad mine held today. But just look at the comment he made How was that unlucky?!!!!!!!!!!! He called with naff all and got exactly what he deserved (for once)
He must have thought he had a divine right to the heart on the river for the flush, as most of these numptys do! You were 80% pre flop, and 91% post flop, and still 82% after the turn!. Least this one got his just desserts!!:rollin:rollin