VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

rippyuk

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

ta mivi, a bit vague but its a start.:tongue2 :ok In that case, does anyone know from last year? As this is the first tourny i've ever been in, ive seriously got no idea of how the day/night will unfold......except for the drinking!:nana :cow :beer :cheers :cow :nana
last year it was at pascha next to victoria station ,we had to be there at about 6.30 but a lot of us met up before hand in pubs nearby,and some of us were staying in local hotels, and there was a dresscode which everybody seemed to stick to, which was 60s gangster chic.the venue itself was very nice only downside for some was the loudish music( but i liked it as i usually play with music anyway)there were quite a few celebs there but to be honest i was in for quite a while and when i was knocked out in 9th i was already feeling a bit ill from alchohol + no food +3 hours consentrating so left early.the best advice i can give is book a hotel nearby ,but not next to train tracks(nufc and gudgeon would back this up).get some decent grub in you before you go, they had nibbles etc but not much.try to get there early and grab some rest in hotel before it starts .dont know if you have played live ,it helps even if its home games,i was amazed last year how many players had never played live ,but the dealers were fairly easy on things so dont worry to much about that side of things .hope that clears a few things up ,would have thought its at the same venue and would guess that dresscode would be similar so if you havent got a nice suit nows a good time to get one coz there was some awsome looking ladies there as maxim bought a bevy of models to the party.

Uber, i was talkin to Mivi about Rossio Square and the 1000's of england fans there. Just wondering? Where you in Rossio Square before the French game?when we had a massive game of football? Punting the ball as high as you could and then someone had to volley it or head it? I Managed to get a volley! and a huge cheer for it, class day before the game, also got interviewed by Chris Scudder on SSN as we were the 1st coach to arrive at the Lisbon coach station Also plenty of :beeravailable for 4 euros
no was at final after won tickets ,was absollutely gutted when we got knocked out in semi but rossi square was great , was loads of england fans there then

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Mo, again ! Take this as a bad 2 days, dont get downhearted, as one of my rivals to get to top 10, id love for you to leave now and gimme help towards my goal. But as a mate im tellin ya to pull your socks up, keep playing well, forget the bad beats, and if your in top 15 come 5 weeks time, your going to maxim again. Were 2/3 rds of the way thru and if you give up now, the last 3 month will have been for nothin! morls

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 out 245 guy hits flush drawing all in .i am haveing a frustrating week seen more bad runners than a phsiotherapist and yet again saw a 666 flop ,what are the odds in 4 days you see a 666 flop 4 times ,wish id saved em now i cant quite beleive it ,and ive been out early in every game ,its spooky:(

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 just spent ten minutes typing why I might not post the leaderboard tonight (my worst result of the week - 88 with flop 367 beaten by an all-in moron who hit trip 3's with his A3os) and then lost connection before posting. just adding to my temporary frustration so see you tomorrow. :wall

Got done by someone slow playing Aces pre-flop :wall Why do people do that? Surley they get caught out far more often.
Ouch.. have to confess have tended to do that myself of late, sometimes a raise but that doesn't seem to shake people off in these insane games. Then raise big post-flop if it looks good. It does seem to work more often than not and it's a less scary option than an huge raise in which always seems to encourage some idiot to re-raise you all-in with sod all then do you with some stupid straight or flush. Though you are talking to someone who went all-in with KK far too early on today. I raise he calls me all-in I think sod it lets gamble. KK vs JJ brought back recent nightmares, had to close my eyes for it. Thank feck I lived to tell the tale. ;)

As Bombay qualified in the 2pm I guess we can expect to see Flombay in the 8pm ! (although just looked and not in yet) Only good thing you can say is that he has not been playing both in the same game so someone got through to him hopefully.
And as if by magic, the shopkeeper appeared!! And the smeghead qualified too.

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 I've just been looking over the leaderboard to find I have dropped a couple of places after a nightmare week. :@ So much for being able to play the 2pm games,I'd have been better off as a discon. Then I noticed how many games runadrun & ronay have played as to their postions.....Fantastic achievments.:clap :clap :clap Well done and keep it up. :ok

last year it was at pascha next to victoria station ' date='we had to be there at about 6.30 but a lot of us met up before hand in pubs nearby,and some of us were staying in local hotels, and there was a dresscode which everybody seemed to stick to, which was 60s gangster chic.the venue itself was very nice only downside for some was the loudish music( but i liked it as i usually play with music anyway)there were quite a few celebs there but to be honest i was in for quite a while and when i was knocked out in 9th i was already feeling a bit ill from alchohol + no food +3 hours consentrating so left early.the best advice i can give is book a hotel nearby ,but not next to train tracks(nufc and gudgeon would back this up).get some decent grub in you before you go, they had nibbles etc but not much.try to get there early and grab some rest in hotel before it starts .dont know if you have played live ,it helps even if its home games,i was amazed last year how many players had never played live ,but the dealers were fairly easy on things so dont worry to much about that side of things .hope that clears a few things up ,would have thought its at the same venue and would guess that dresscode would be similar so if you havent got a nice suit nows a good time to get one coz there was some awsome looking ladies there as maxim bought a bevy of models to the party.[/quote'] Thanks uber, thats help a lot! I'll brush down my mafia suit and cross my fingers:hope , hoping I don't play as bad as I did last night! Well not really bad just.... I just couldn't read supportech at all, because he was playing every single hand and dropping trips on most of em! Trip Js three hands running, then two flushes and two straights:@ :@ WTF, and finally, me with AA he dropped trip Qs on the flop.......not a good night for me, out 206th:\

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Some days doing these is a pleasure. Other days, waiting around for the game to finish, it is anything but :wall my own fault in the 8pm, knew he could have the flush but decided couldn't fold my K high straight :@ by the way, if I drop out of the top 10 don't expect me to carry on doing a leaderboard until I am back in ! (leaderboard deleted)

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Beat the Mancs ... :cow :cow :nana :nana :cow Not sure this afternoon ....:unsure Sold 3 at work ..:nana :nana :ok :rollin Did well tonight, 13? :ok Phatboi66 does me with a runner-runner :@ Then starts to give me some shit :@ :moon I'll get him back ;) I'm noe proper hammered, :cheers erm...............That is all. Thank you :ok :gimme

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Well done mivi! Run m8, we've all had days lie that, were it just pees u off when u call a str8 only to see a flush, but you have proven so far ur a good player and i cant see you not being in the top 10 come april.....so keep up the good work and i look forward to seeing the leaderboard up as much as you possiby can be arsed to do it